“Where satisfaction does NOT exceed the expectation”
Review of Chariton Hotel

and 1 more site!
Chariton Hotel
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Butterworth
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Where satisfaction does NOT exceed the expectation”
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I CANNOT agree with the hotel's tagline in its website that claims 'where satisfaction exceeds expectation'.
First of all, when I opened my room (407) I saw conspicuous cracks on the walls. The hotel seemed to made an attempt to fix it but it is not properly painted.
Second, the carpet is dirty. There is a big stain on it & I don't know when was the last time they vacuumed it. I could feel the dust on my nose and the dirt on my feet.
Third, The mirror in the bathroom is tilted. It merely stuck on the wall by masking tape. It could fall anytime and glass surely could injure people when it breaks. I complained to the front desk about it and they said they knew it and they gave me tips not to touch the mirror so it wouldn't fall (Gee, that was very helpful!).
Fourth, I found a cockroach roaming my bed!!!

Well, to make it balanced I also have to tell the positive side of the hotel. The front desk staff are polite. They are very young and inexperienced but polite. The location is OK. It's 10 minute drive from Jetty (I paid 12 ringgit for the taxi) It's near 24 hour Nasi Kandar restaurant, a Thai resto & Chinese food hawkers & a convenient store. The view from our room is quite nice, especially at night. We could see the jetty with the lamps)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This was our first visit to this hotel, we arrived at the hotel at 11.30pm. The hotel is quite far from the ferry station so it is recommended to take a taxi or drive here. There were ample of parking spaces just in front of the hotel. The reception girls (3 girls) was kind of in their own world while attending us. They were chatting among themselves quite loudly. Anyway, the door key is using a touch card which were only found in luxury hotels so it was kind of impressive to find it in such a small hotel like this one.

Anyway, our room was facing the back of the hotel and we could see the Penang Komtar tower although most of the view were blocked by the 3 storey houses behind. The bed was rather hard, air conditioning was okay, the bathroom were clean with hot shower (no bath tub though) plus a few 3 in 1 coffee sachet along with electric kettle provided.

There were no in-room WiFi and only available at the lobby. I tried using them on my smartphone during breakfast at the cafe downstairs but couldn't connect. The room package only includes a RM5 breakfast coupon so it wasn't enough for couples. You need to top-up at least another RM5 for an additional breakfast meal. Food was average.

The room that I've chosen was for a queen size bed at RM98 per night. Overall, the hotel experience was good and I might stay there again if I wanted to visit Penang again someday.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Butterworth
Hotel Palm Inn
Heliconia Hotel
Heliconia Hotel
#28 of 84 in George Town
Sunway Hotel Seberang Jaya

Been to Chariton Hotel? Share your experiences!