“Awesome”
Review of Aceh Kitecamp

Aceh Kitecamp
Ranked #2 of 6 Tours in Banda Aceh
More attraction details
Owner description: The Kite surfing school is situated at Lhoknga village at around 15 km from Banda Aceh inside the resort of "Lhoknga riverside". The kitesurfing courses can be done in French, English or Indonesian languages. It's also possible to rent kitesurfing gears and Stand Up Paddle Board.
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Awesome”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

The best holiday experience in a while - great place, awesome kiting spots and lovely hosts. I hope to be back soon.

We stayed at the resort, which is in a village a few kilometers outside of Banda Aceh. It's a very authentic and charming rural Indonesian countryside. The surrounding mountains, beaches and views are breath-taking and the kitesurfing spots are the best I have seen in SE Asia. You will need a scooter to get to most of the kiting spots, but in all likelihood you will be the only ones on the entire beach.

We stayed the "Villa Bungalow" and hanging in the hammock in the terrace surrounded by greenery was a great way to relax. The hosts treated us more like friends than customers. The dinners organized during our stay (once every few days) were delicious. The local eateries had a variety of Indonesian meals - our favorites were the Nasi Padang Kitchen and the avocado shakes available throughout the village.

Finally do keep in mind that Aceh is a state with Shariah law. In practice it means that women can not go to the beach in bikinis and alcohol is not sold everywhere (but you can get it). Once you accept these limitations, you're off to a really nice holiday at Aceh Kitecamp.

1 Thank Phillip79

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A hidden gem...”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Incredible landscapes, an oasis like resort/kite school, the most welcoming staff you could ask for (Sam and his family / Alice - thank you!), high quality kite surfing instructor (Regis - i´ll conquer the airtime jumps next time!) and a selection of picturesque kite surfing spots....what more does one need? An absolute gem of a place - completely blew my expectations away. I have just unpacked my bags and Im already looking at flights for my next trip back to Aceh...says it all!

1 Thank RiChiB
Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“A home away from home in paradise”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Just back from a week in aceh kitecamp. Very sad to leave. It was a fantastic weeks holidays. Regis knows his kite surfing inside out. I was an absolute beginner, and Regis took me through my steps with all the patients I needed.

The location is fantastic, the main beach for kitesurfing is surrounded by jungle.

The accommodation and team there are all wonderful. Smiles and laughter are the name of the game. I definitely recommend the place even if you have no interest in kite surfing.

1 Thank happychildhood
Sydney, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Seems like paradise!”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

10 days in paradise, very good staff, so helpful, amazing kite spots, so easy life, I ll be back again for sure! Thanks Regis, Alice, Sam and his wife! I had a very very good time. Just go there, but be careful if you go, you don t want to leave...

Visited April 2014
Aix-en-Provence, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A great place”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

As we are living in Jakarta, we came to the kite camp for a long week-end. The place is charming, very close to the beaches, the guests very welcoming and the food AMAZING (Terimah Kasih Tchitchi). No luck for us, no wind as it was too early in the season, but Alice and Régis took good care of us! Definitely a great place! Now just want to go back...with some wind!

Visited May 2014