“Feels like home at Linda's”
Review of Linda's Homestay

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Banda Aceh
Linda's Homestay
Ranked #1 of 24 Banda Aceh B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was traveling with friends and we decided to stay at Linda's homestay for one night after returning to Banda Aceh from Weh island. Linda has been very friendly as well as very informative about the local culture. She showed us to very delicious culinary experience and sightseeing places around Banda Aceh. Her house is spacious with many beautiful antiques. The rooms and entire interior of the house is very clean and well-maintained. It felt truly like being in your own home, safe and comfort. The location is also very strategic to nearby shops and cafes as well as food stalls, making it a lot easier for us to enjoy the night in Banda Aceh for a little shopping for souvenirs and culinary experience (great coffee shop and Aceh's famous traditional noddle house nearby). Would love to go back there and stay at Linda's.

Room Tip: Linda has some options of rooms that you can choose. The main room near the living room is very uniq...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Endah_Jakarta

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Linda's homestay is the great experience for us after one night stay in hotel. this homestay is better than that hotel. our first impression about Linda's homestay is simple but clean. when we come inside the room we get clean floor, bedroom, and the most important is the bathroom is clean not only the floor but also white towel and the water. so if we take a bath we feel fresh.

when we stay in Linda's homestay, we prefer eat Linda's cooking. this is the real Aceh food and we enjoy it. coffee is the one icon of Aceh and we get coffee whenever we ask Linda to make it, she will make for us with pleasure.

Linda is very kind owner of homestay. she carry us around Aceh and explain all about Aceh from Tsunami, the history of Aceh until the characteristic of food and drinking in Aceh. if you want to know all about Aceh just stay in here and talking about Aceh with her. we can say that because we know the history of Aceh, Tsunami of Aceh, best place for drinking coffee, best place for eating Aceh's food, the hot news in Aceh from her.

if you have planing to diving or snorkling even just come to 0 kilometres point in Weh Island, you can ask Linda to pick you up at Aceh's Airport and then she will show you the interesting place in banda Aceh city. Linda could assist you to get fast boat to Weh Island and she has homestay and dive shop connection in Weh Island so you can booking the room and diving equipment before you have arrived at Weh Island.

if you need some assist in Aceh you could call Linda on 0811680305 and the her blog is in here http://lindashomestay.blogspot.com/

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Jaka_Girilangan
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Having only one day to see Banda Aceh, I'm really glad I stayed with Linda. She was an excellent hostess, offering insight into the area from a very personal point of view. Although not necessarily cheaper than a hotel, Linda's hospitality makes a stay really worthwhile. She gave me a tour of the tsunami-related sights, as well as an insight into Acehnese culture. Linda was very accommodating and made feel welcome. Her food was excellent and i wish I could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: Linda has a choice of rooms which she is happy to show you.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank SpannahL
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Linda welcomes you as a member of the family- even if just staying for one night if you're on the way to Pulau Weh, I would recommend staying here. Facilities are very clean and Linda is knowledgeable about onward travel as well. She can also tailor an Aceh trip to show you the best sights. I felt very safe with her (again as a lone female traveller) and I would happily recommend her homestay to others.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Vacanttrip
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I've been to Aceh with my colleagues to do special reports on Aceh, and the best way to experience and learn about Aceh and the people is to get to know and talk to them. Get to know Linda is already worth for staying there. She can tell you about the history, the tsunami experience and anything u need to know. She can take you around Aceh, the beach, the mountain for sightseeing, charge additionally from the room price and also cooks us nice tradtional Aceh food. Her two sons speaks English so well. The house, room is quite traditional, but she is building more modern rooms to accommodate more guests at one time. So if you want to experience real Aceh, Linda homestay could be your choice. Really made my first Aceh trip very memorable. / Nuch from Thailand

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Miss_Brightside99
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Before going to Aceh as a female on her own I was a little bit apprehensive: all the stories about life under sharia law and also during ramadhan? I decided to go anyway and it turned out to be one of the best decisions in my life. Thanks to Linda and her sons Teguh and Dimas I had the best of times. They know all about the region, speak English well enough and are some of the hospitable hosts I've come across on all my travels. Linda is an excellent cook of Acehnese traditional cuisine and she generously invites you to join the family for dinner. I became part of the greater family of Linda's, meeting her friends, sister, the children of her friends etc. etc. All of them were as warm and generous as Linda and her sons.

I even ended up teaching (I'm a teacher in The Netherlands as well) at Dimas' school for a week, an experience I will remember the rest of my life.

So if you want to go to Aceh, but have your doubts; pack them all away and give Linda a call!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank FionaFrank
Reviewed July 2, 2012

My brother and I stayed with Linda and her sons before and after our trip to Pulau Weh. We were picked up at the airport by Linda and shown the sights. The food and accomodation she provided was very good and it was great to meet her well educated English speaking sons. We also did a half day tour with linda in her car and picked up a lot of local knowledge. Banda is very spread out and I would recommend a guide service like Linda. Vin and Joe

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends