Review Highlights
Great mosque

Reviewed July 30, 2019
yuliaditha
via mobile
Best mosque for taking picture

Reviewed June 2, 2019
JerryTanEngBeng
Bukit Mertajam, Malaysia

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Banda Aceh
All reviews great mosque long pants masjid nabawi dead bodies beautiful building tsunami museum dress muslim architecture umbrellas prayer medina indonesia hijab allah scarf aceh
Selected filters
Reviewed July 30, 2019 via mobile

This mosque is on of the Banca Aceh iconic symbol. Because this is one of the secure place when the Tsunami happened in Aceh on 2014.
This architecture quite seems with on Madinah with big Umbrella
The parking area just like at the Mall
This is moslem dress area so just keep your outfit

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed June 2, 2019

This is one of the huge mosque, with beautiful marble stone, the mosques is huge, very good for taking picture and enjoy the moment here

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed April 22, 2019 via mobile

For you who are longing for Medina, this place will help you memorizing all of the good places and spirits that you’ve found there. Muslim are not allow to wear jeans, we need shar’i clothes. The decoration is quite similar with Medina. I think this place combine architecture of Taj Mahal and Medina. But I love this place!

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed March 17, 2019 via mobile

I visited this beautiful mosque because it had been my dream for years.
I was covered from top to toe so my clothing was really 100% halal.
I was wearing big sunglasses so actually you could only see my nose, nothing else.
The minute i sat down and started to enjoy the quiet, and old man started disturbing me and telling me that Westerners are not allowed to enter the mosque.
Well, he is wrong.
Theres only 1 mosque in the whole world where non belivers are not allowed to enter and thats in Mecca.
All other mosques should be open to everybody as long as they dress properly like i was.
I refused.
He didnt even ask my religion- maybe im a muslim.......
He just wanted me out cause im a westerner.
He called security and they started grabbing me to carry me out.
I asked for the imam.
He came and i tried to make him understand that what they doing is againt islam.
He didnt listen/belive me so they carried me out.
I went to Kuala Lumpur to the Islamic convert association and they printed out 6 different places in the Quran that says a mosque is open for everybody.
Went back to Banda Aceh and told the security and imam to study their religion a bit better so in the future they can give a moore positive image about islam to quite a few tourists who would be happy to visit the mosque.
I hope they learned from their mistake.

Date of experience: April 2018
4  Thank Ancelikh
Reviewed March 3, 2019 via mobile

With such a great history and architecture, it goes without saying that this mosque is a must-see place in Banda Acheh. The exterior has distinct black domes and mechanical tents ala Medina while the interior is full of columns and exudes this warm and calm feelings as soon as you enter.

To get to this place is really easy with Grab car or Go-Jek. Try to be there close to maghrib prayer time so that you could capture the beauty of this mosque in different lighting.

Date of experience: February 2019