“bou”
Review of The Pade Hotel

The Pade Hotel
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Banda Aceh
Reviewed March 15, 2014

i was quite impressed at the first moment i checked in to this hotel, the exterior of the building can be considered luxurious compared to others at neighborhood. especially when you can enjoy beautiful sunset scenery on the roof top (which only on 3rd floor actually). the joy feeling gradually diminished when i found out the Mattress was really not proper enough to sleep on anymore as you can feel the wood under the mattress. the phone in my room did not work, and my report about it was not responded appropriately. as a matter of fact, they just listened my report but nothing to do which made frustrated and chose to forget about it.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed January 3, 2014

The hotel is nice with mediterranean architecture and view to paddy fields. The location is not in the city center and in Banda Aceh public transport is not easy. There is lots of men who smoke (as everywhere in the region) in the common area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This is my first visit to Aceh . As usual I came to Aceh to affairs office tasks . The event was held at the hotel so I also placed here by the Committee . The hotel can be reached from the airport about fifteen minutes and to get to the city of Banda Aceh is approximately fifteen minutes too. Hotel is on the main street Soekarno Hatta left and right and the hotel is a shop building behind the hotel which is quite interesting is the expanse of paddy fields with hills background. The hotel is quite unique shape resembles the shape of a mosque. Receptionis hotel lobby and rooms are in the open so that guests can come straight to the table receptionis. The hotel reception is quite good , but when an officer asked me to deliver because his face was not friendly with the guests at the same time there are quite a lot of luggage , it seems he expects more money than my tip is just carrying tote. Hotel employees using koko Muslim clothes for men and veiled women.
My room was on the 1st floor of the hotel lobby that had to go down one floor via elevator or stairs . I was placed in a deluxe room by the Committee with two beds in it . The beds are pretty comfortable with one pillow each fruit . placed in a single room 32 in LCD TV with a channel that is quite diverse . Room floor without using a carpet so that if we let go of shoes very cold. AC in the room is quite nice and not noisy. The bathroom was quite spacious and clean with a clean towel 2 pieces . provided two bottles of mineral water and drinking supplies of tea , sugar and coffee. wardrobe already available in 2 plastic sandals and laundry . There are also a safety deposit box. Wifi internet can be accessed using the user ID and password that can be obtained from receptionis . In the hotel there is a pool and a fitness facility that can be used free of charge by hotel guests . but because I do not enjoy it so could not comment . for a hotel stay is pretty good. But if we were expecting something more better find another hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Maman P
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night. The first time I arrive, the room is not ready yet, so i have to wait about 15 minute. After my room ready, the receptionist give a key room. He didn't ask any Room Boy to take me to my room, and he didn't offer me to carry on my 2 big backpack even when he see it. Really disappointed. I have to ask someone (a room boy i think) in the lobby to direct me to my room and they just give me the direction, not to take me to my room and not helping me with my luggage. I have to do it all by myself. My friend in another room even can't enter the room because the key room are error.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Standard room spacious with satellite tv. Bathroom very clean.
Breakfastbuffet is huge but caters mostly for local guests.
Frontdeskhad adequate during office-hours, at other times they speak little English and do not seem to know much.
WiFi in the rooms OK.
Location not central
Try to book a special deal or via a bookingsite, as their rackrate is very high.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stayed at The Pade about a week. They have unique architecture made you feel like you're in the middle east or something like that. Nice view, surrounded by green pady-field and mountain view. Rooms are basic, service is good. The food just average. The location is near the airport about 15 minutes but quite far to the center of Banda Aceh city. Compared to other hotels in Banda Aceh The Pade maybe the newest one (if you look at the architecture) and great one.

Room Tip: If you can ask the room in the left wing of the hotel, it have a better view to the pady-field. The...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was where I stayed on my way to Pulau Weh for diving. It turns out to be owned by the same people who run the Pade Resort and dive shop in PW and so you can use this as a home base to coordinate your whole trip. You'd be taking the luxury option in that case. Both the resort and the Pade hotel in Banda Aceh are higher end hotels with prices to match. Still affordable by US standards but something to consider.

at Pade the rooms are clean, a tad small but not really, with amazing walk-in showers with multiple shower heads, gorgeous stonework balconies that look over a man-made stream in a marble bed. It was extremel pretty and tranquil. The decor is simple and classy.

i was the only person in the hotel the night I stayed (just after the Eid holliday) but they put out the breakfast buffet for me nonetheless and even offered peanut butter for my western tastes. Good food. It's a bit pricy however and will show up on your bill.

Given the lack of guests the staff was of course very attentive. The desk clerk spoke very good english and helped me set up my wifi, get a taxi to the ferry, and work out some other travel details.

My biggest problem is that you are stranded at the hotel. Absolutely nothing in near distance to walk to. Not a far taxi ride to town, however, if you know what you'd like to do there. Also the "gym" was fairly small and dingy and the pool was closed while I was there. It was smallish but pretty, laid in stone, with grass all around.

still it was a very pleasant stay. Views of rice paddies and mountains in the distance. So isolation has it's perks.

Room Tip: Decide if you want to be looking over the "stream" pool in the courtyard (toward other peo...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo