“As if You're part of the family..”
Review of Riana Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rantepao
Riana Guest House
Ranked #2 of 12 Rantepao B&B and Inns
Lisbon, Portugal
“As if You're part of the family..”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Excellent choice in Rantepao!
Nice, big and clean rooms at low price.
Breakfast or any other meal (cheap) at any time! Laundry also available.
They will treat you like family!! Their baby kids are awesome.. sometimes they play in front of the rooms... funny momments!
We spent a night outside Rantepao and they kept our luggage without any problem! Awesome and trustable family!

Room Tip: Try to book upstairs.. they have a nice terrace!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Indonesian first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We spent 5 days at Rantepao and 4 days at Riana Guest House where they kept our bags while we went trekking.
Very warm and friendly family really keen on getting more people to come to their home stay. We have been travelling for a month in Indonesia and we have had the best breakfast ever at Riana considering the price we have paid.
I highly recommend this home stay
The owner is full of good tips as well about how to get to places, buses, etc...

Room Tip: The upstair room by the terrace is for me the best one.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed November 17, 2012

very good.....nice clean and good price, breakfast ok, in a nice terrace, is a kindly family, I enjoy a lot with this family...and they help me with a problem that I had in litha bus, inside the bus, smebody robbed my camara, it as inside my handbag, it was closed and locked by code!!!!! so that family are very very kindly....
I have only words of thanks for them

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

The room is clean and conforting. The owner is kind and have great knowledge and info about touring site around toraja. I was given a map to all toraja site and route to cover all that in just 2 days, i wanted to stay longer but i have to catch a flight back to jakarta.

Stayed August 2012
1 Thank leonardlontoh
Switzerland
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Nice, clean budget option in Rantepao run by a lovely Indonesian family. Breakfast cost extra, but its cheap and good. They also serve good and fresh dinner. The family tried to help you whenever possible and make you feel very welcome. Definitely recommended!

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Ljubljana
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We were there for a few days and really liked the place. The family that runs the place is very friendly. It is possible to rent cheaper room with cold water or a bit more expensive (with hot water). The location of the place is also very good.
The owner Daud was quite helpful in charting half-day trekking trips that we could do on our own. We had very interesting after dinner discussions with him about the local culture and he organized for us a cool visit of the Toraja funeral ceremony.

They don't have internet page or email address, but you can call them: +62 081 343 696 270

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Urša V
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed June 8, 2012

This is the first ever review I have ever written about anything, and there is a good reason for it.

Firstly it is very cheap, 50 000 IDR per night.

It's located in a secluded, quite area in Rantepao but still 2 minutes from center of town. The rooms are very nice and clean with western bathroom. Beds are big and comfortable.

The owner, Daud, is an educated anthropologist and also leader of a village near Rantepao. Any questions you might have about the culture, people and religion in Tana Toraja he will happily answer. He also lived overseas for many years and speak very good english.

He also does guided yours and trekkings. I used another guide my first day in Rantepao and the difference in quality is massive. Daud could answer anything I asked with an extensive and satifsying answer and he was also cheaper than the other guide.

His lovely wife Riana cooks the most amazing vegetarian Indonesian style dinner. I'm usually not into vegetarian food but my god it was good (and cheap)

It can be hard to find and it is quite new so not many know about it. It's located in the alley behind the well known Wisma Monton. Follow the alleyway behind Wisma Monton for about 150 meters and it is a big white building on the left side just before the road starts sloping upwards. It didn't have a sign when I was there (I told him to get one) but ask around and you will find it. Trust me, it will be worth it.

A given choice for anyone staying in Tana Toraja.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Robin L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rantepao
Toraja Misiliana Hotel
#4 of 9 in Rantepao
Tongkonan Layuk Lion
Tongkonan Layuk Lion
#6 of 12 in Rantepao

Been to Riana Guest House? Share your experiences!