“Nice gem on the way to ijen crater”

Ketapang Indah Hotel
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Banyuwangi
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here overnight on the way to ijen crater. Gives a very spa feeling. Wifi is available near pool and lobby but i seem to be able to receive wifi signal from the room which is fine. However, as with most hotels, it's pretty spotty. Breakfast is okay only so I would say the best thing is the service as well as the comfortable and clean rooms

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Because it is the best one in the location – the other properties around the Ketapang areas are not within our standard, at least judging by the quality of the building, cleanliness and facilities. The rates are good and the services are very attentive and swift. The FO team are the most supportive as well as the HK. However, the F&B is not the strong point of this property. Honestly, it could have been better.
Since we lately often have trips Bali – Jawa we will return to Ketapang Indah for a night before we cross over again.

Room Tip: Superior Room is good with large double bed (king) they are close to the kid’s playground.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I stayed at Ketapang Indah Hotel at 29-31 dec. 2013. Overall experience was OK, rooms were huge enough, the swimming pool was OK. but the cons was the selection of breakfast. No Wi-Fi at the room, but there was an Internet corner near swimming pool. Will stay again next time.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I gave this hotel 4/5 as I did not stay long enough to really check out everything, but what I did see I was very impressed with. Staff all extremely friendly and efficient. I only wanted to use the hotel as a base from which to trek Ijen, they arranged this very easily for me. I took a superior hotel room (the cheapest option), the room was well looked after, bed comfortable (although due to an early departure, I couldn't spend as much time as I would have liked in it) and it was very clean. I had dinner in the hotel which was great. Breakfast was ok for Western options, but very good if you can eat Eastern food at breakfast time.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank justaddwater2014
Reviewed February 14, 2014

After a couple of busy days in banyuwangi area, this hotel is the perfect gate away. Its very quite and the big green garden brings peace. The breakfast is good, with a nice view over the staight of bali and bali island. But I can especially reccomend the restaurant. The menu is extensive and as well the loca as the international dishes are delicious.the staff is very friendly and welcoming. Great place to stay and relax.e

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank OnTheWay2Stay
Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in room 202. Room was huge, amenities were good. Room was adjacent to another room and there's only 2 storeys of rooms that look like holiday villas. Wifi can only be used in the lobby and the restaurant.

Stayed for barely a night as I arrived at almost 4pm. I was leaving at 12pm for ijen crater tour which means I barely have less than 4hours to rest.
I rested at 7pm, but I realised my neighbour had created so much noise, there were noises of walkie talkie, loud music coming from the TV, people talking outside their doors. It sounded like a workers dorm. But that's alright as it was only 7pm, could've been people moving around or something.
My sleep was abruptly disturbed by the sound of a flapping winglike animal/don't know what on the roof.
It went on for almost an hour before I could sleep.
The overall experience wasn't pleasant as my sleep was being disturbed badly.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank victorypig
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I stayed at this hotel is not for first time, whenever i passing by through banyuwangi , we always spent a night at this hotel. I Think this hotel is the number one hotel in banyuwangi regency . The room for new superior was clean and interior is good . All furniture is new when i was stay. The staff was warm , everyone always say greeting to us. Before Stay at this hotel , I booked first , because some time if you direct check in , you will disspointed because no room available, so I Suggest to book it first. I Stay here at 12 January 2013 with my family and book 3 Rooms.

Room Tip: New superior is new room and building , so everything is relative new
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family