Mirah Hotel Banyuwangi
Illira Hotel(Banyuwangi)
Minak Jinggo Hotel(Banyuwangi)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmain townnice hotelnice poolijen cratertaxijava
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Ok hotel to visit Ijen.
We had an ok room with hot water an à very Nice shower. Nice staff, some of them don't speak English. Breakfast is simple for Europeans, only problem was the amount of flies in the restaurant.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I always booked this hotel whenever i visited banyuwangi since 2004 because i really love the style. I always feel like being in Bali or Lombok and the rate is relatively cheap.

I always book villa or suite villa. The villa has 2 bedrooms with TV and private bathroom. The bathroom has oversized bathtub which sufficient to accommodate 2 adults. Each villa has separate livingroom and verandah. It is really convenient for family of 4

The suite villa has bigger space with private garden and semi outdoor living room and dining room. The main bedroom has oversized bathtub in semi outdoor style bathroom. The second bedroom has shower only, also in the semi outdoor bathroom. I was really impressed with this architecture when i stayed at this hotel in 2009

I went back to this hotel last week(3rd week of dec 2012). But i was really disappointed because when i arrived at suite villa, the room is very messy. They haven't made up the room but the reception give the key to me, means that the room is ready. I asked them to make up the room while we have dinner. But they refuse it and offer me to take villa for a night and move to suite villa in the next day.

When i arrived at the villa, we found the sink was broken. Water from the sink was leaking and spill all over the floor, make the bathroom was very slippery.

In the next morning, we decided not to move to suite villa. We went out for the whole day and came back to the hotel around 8 pm but we found they did not make up our room. I called the reception and they offer to clean up the room. But we were to tired to wait for them making up our room. They supposed to do it when we were out. I asked them to move to other room. They refuse it because they said the the hotel is fully booked. Then we start arguing. Long story short, they finally gave us new room.

After 4 visits since 2004, i found that this hotel needs a lot of improvement in the property and the quality of the staff

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 2, 2012

nice stylish decorated rooms, bathrooms urgently need renovation. restaurant had no more coke. pool baar only sold beer. good location for Ijen Crater visit or ferry transfer to Bali. Price was ok, breakfast was a bit for the minimalist. A toast with egg in a box for on the road. Internet was working on and off. the place was half empty, food took long time to bring, but we were not bothered by that. Food was of average price and taste. We have seen better, we have seen worse. Best of all was the huge swimming pool. very clean. and nobody there!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2012

The hotel itself was adequate. But despite booking a "luxury" room (standard room has no hot water) the hotel did not provide towels.

The breakfast... uuugghhhh where do I start? I felt physically sick upon seeing and smelling the fly porridge, cheesy papaya and greasy noodles. I only stayed at the hotel for one night but broke down in tears in the morning after seeing flies rubbing their hands in glee at all the cheesy papaya. This is not to mention the deep fried cow noses. I wouldn't feed this food to my dog!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Shell312
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We got a spacious bungalow, with two rooms.
The rooms are fairly big sized as are the bathrooms.
The rooms are clean but sparsely furnished.
The bathrooms were full of mosquitoes. They had anti-mosquito devices plugged into plug sockets in the rooms- but these seemed to make no difference.To be fair the bedrooms didnt really have any insects, it was mainly the bathrooms.

The beds were comfortable enough but my main complaint was the bed sheets. I found multiple hairs on the sheets which was highly off-putting. I also discovered brown stains on the sheets (photographs taken).

The breakfast consisted mainly on indonesian food- rice, noodles etc. We had omlettes which were adequate. The breakfast area is not aesthetically pleasing- also you are constantly having to swat away flies, which makes eating an overall unpleasant experience. There were also ants swarming around in the sugar pots.

On the upside the swimming pool seemed to be of size and the area seemed nice enough to hang out.
Overall unpleasant stay. Also a sideline, there is nothing to do in Banyuwangi!!!
We hated it. Our tour guide took us on a tour of a local market, which basically consisted of spices, cheap plastic household goods and clothes for the locals. We then went to a dairy farm and coffee plantation which was pretty boring. The tour guide then offered to take us to see the local department store- which we politely declined.
In summary I would personally advise against visiting Banyuwangi and staying at Mirah hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple