Open today: 7:00 AM - 11:45 PM

from $150.00
from $384.00
from $615.39
More Info
All reviews mt bromo our tour guide mr adam wonderful trip pick up and drop visited indonesia from place to place jomblang cave highly recommend the tour his team always on time days nights went smoothly an awesome experience prambanan temple patient driver amazing nature
Selected filters
Reviewed July 17, 2017 via mobile

While traveling alone for a portion of my trip in Indonesia, hiking in Java was on my list. I wanted to see Bromo and Ijen Crater, but also wanted to have a more challenging hiking experience. Java Adventure Trail provided exactly what I was looking for, and booking with them allowed me a stress free smooth trip so I didn't have to think about all the details of traveling between locations, getting permits, overnight stays, etc. One of the guides Eko helped me modify a few parts of the trip to make it more what I was looking for and I really appreciated this. My guide Dani, was a local, who although is very young, did a wonderful job taking me to the places on the tour and informing me with facts on the destinations. Definitely recommend .

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank AKP14
TheBest-Experience, Owner at Java Adventure Trail, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2017

Dear Anna Kate,

Thank you very much for choosing Java Adventure Trail as your travel partner for semeru trekking and bromo ijen tour (SURABAYA – RANUPANE – SEMERU VOLCANO TREKKING – BROMO SUNRISE TOUR – IJEN BLUE FLAME TOUR – BALI). We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your holiday in Indonesia. We wish to see you again on your next trip!

Reviewed July 7, 2017

An awesome experience! Thank you very much, very quick respond, and professional, friendly staffs, guiding me and make my tour become one of the bests in east Indonesia. Definitely see you again

Date of experience: June 2017

Dear Luisa,

Thank you very much for choosing Java Adventure Trail as your travel partner for Flores Tour, Komodo Tour. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your holiday in Indonesia. We wish to see you again on your next trip!

Reviewed June 23, 2017 via mobile

Our tour guide Fahari was caring and helpful, despite his heavy load, he assisted the slower climbers and even took some weight off us when we were tired. The porters also made sure they were at the destination beforehand so that they could prepare our food. On the way up to the summit Fahari also sacrficed his glove and hat when we were freezing. We met many people who were 'abandoned' by their guides on the way to the summit either lost in the flurry of people as it was dark and very foggy or the guide stopped somewhere to rest. Our guide and 1 porter stuck with us throughout and ensured that we were always within hearing distance. Overall, we were in good hands climbing Mt.Rinjani.

Date of experience: June 2017
TheBest-Experience, Owner at Java Adventure Trail, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2017

Dear Charis and friends,

Thank you very much for choosing Java Adventure Trail as your travel partner for Mount Rinjani Trekking (Lombok). We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your holiday in Indonesia. We wish to see you again on your next trip!

Reviewed June 4, 2017 via mobile

Me and my friend had the most awesome time in mount rinjani, mount bromo and ijen crater thanks to the perfect arrangement by java adventure trail!

We started off in bali and flew to lombok for 4D3N mount rinjani tour. (The flight tix is included in the package!) Rinjani is crazily amazing. Its the toughest mountain we have ever climbed but the sunrise view after climbing was so worth it. As far as i know, you could either join a grp of 8-10 ppl or do a private tour like us (just two of us). I think a private tour is great cos the guide has every attention on you. Just like me, thru the last 5 minutes up the summit for sunrise i was sooo exhausted n almost died lolll and the guide actually held my arm and walked me up T_T i was so touched. Overall, the tour guide and porters were very helpful and they cook the best meals - i mean.. nasi goreng on the mountain! How could they do that?!

After rinjani we took a break in bali for two days before we head to java for 3D2N ijen crater and mount bromo, which are both very beautiful. The accommodation they booked for us is great! And the jeep we got for mount bromo is really cool too!

Overall, it was a really great trip and we re reali happy we picked java adventure trail. First, if you re doing these three mountains like me, they are the only company offering tour for this. For other companies you would need to book bromo+ijen, and rinjani separately. Just let them know where you want to start. You can start from mount bromo instead! Second, like i said, accommodation n tour guides are all great. Third, Sofyan, who manages everything at the back, would follow up n make sure everything is going on smoothly. If you have a chance to meet him in person pls do it becos he is the most handsome guy in indonesia. Hahahaha

Date of experience: May 2017
TheBest-Experience, Owner at Java Adventure Trail, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2017

Dear Blossom Chan,

Thank you very much for choosing Java Adventure Trail as your travel partner for Mount Rinjani Trekking (Lombok) and Mount Bromo + Ijen Crater tour (East Java). We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your holiday in Indonesia. We wish to see you again on your next trip!

Reviewed May 18, 2017

We climbed Ijen on a Friday night Saturday morning along with about 400 other like-minded people. Our guide (Kiki) & his driver picked us up from our Banyuwangi hotel at 12.30am, the drive to the mountain took us just over an hour.
On arrival at the crater we were surprised to see the number of vehicles and people there, Kiki provided us with a hot tea from the café while we waited for the gates to open at 2.00am.

Once the gates opened it was a bit of hustle / bustle for the first stage until the pack thinned out & we edged our way to the front of the queue.
We reached the top of the crater in just over 1.5 hours with no stops, the 3km climb could be spilt into three sections;
• Steady Incline
• Steep to Very Steep section
• Undulating

The ground is firm compressed earth / dirt, however is could be slippery in wet weather.
Unfortunately, due to the wind conditions blowing the Sulphur plume towards the crater track we couldn’t go down to the blue flames & had to settle with taking photos from the crater rim. On our approach to the rim of the crater we had to put on the masks provided by Kiki, we also wore glasses for a short period as the Sulphur mist stung the eyes
After viewing the flames from a distance, we then moved to a higher spot on the rim to watch the amazing sun rise.

It’s cold & windy at the top, a warm jacket and long pants are recommended.
The climb down is less physical but hard on the joints, it took just over an hour to get back down, we were back at our hotel by 8.30am.
Our tour was organized by sofyan & kiki at bluefireijentour@gmail.com

Our advice to other is:
• Bring your own torch – head light.
• Take your own snacks & water, the guide also has spare water and snacks
• Use the toilets near the entry gate before climbing as there are no toilets at the top.

We’re disappointed we didn’t get down inside the crater to get a close look at the blue flames, however overall the climb and views were an experience we won’t forget..

Date of experience: May 2017
TheBest-Experience, Owner at Java Adventure Trail, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2017

Dear Mr.Philip Evan,

Thank you very much for choosing Bluefireijentour.com (Java Adventure Trail) as your travel partner for Ijen Crater tour (East Java). We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your tour with us. We wish to see you again on your next trip!