“Loved the trip, Adored the guides!”

Java Adventure Trail
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are very pleased to welcome you and provide best adventurous holiday in Indonesia. Java Adventure Trail is the best partner for outdoor enthusiasts in Indonesia. Java Adventure Trail has tours and package travel deals for the active budget traveler and backpackers. Turn your holiday or vacation into an adventure
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase
Reviewed January 18, 2017

Trip Overview:
My friend and I went as a duo and did Mt. Bromo, Madakaripura Waterfall, & Kawah Iijen with Fiqi, one of the guides working together with Sofyan.

Trip Review:
I won't talk about the locations much because all three spots were absolutely stunning and are places you must visit before you die. Instead I'll share more about the other main reason why I enjoyed this 4d2n trip so much. My friend and I are avid videographers seeking a more local flavor to the trip and so were glad that Fiqi was not only patient in waiting for us to finish shooting on location, but also pointed out the BEST spots to do the shoot. We avoided the crowds, found amazing vantage points, and had the most amazing time with Fiqi who became more of a friend than a guide by this point. Fiqi introduced us to the locals, shared his stories, and introduced us to the best spots for local food. He spoke good english but more importantly, taught us how to speak the local lingo (terima kasih mas!) He had fun being our guide and as a result, made us feel right at home.

I had such a great time that immediately after, I recommended other travellers I met in Yogya to contact Sofyan/Fiqi immediately if they needed a guide. Thanks again Sofyan, Fiqi, for your friendship and time! We'll be back!

JavaAdventureTrail_8, Guest Relations Manager at Java Adventure Trail, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2017

Dear Matt,
Warmest Greeting from Java Adventure Trail

Firstly we would like to say thank you so much for visiting and i hope you really enjoyed your trip with us. We will wait for your next adventure in Indonesia.

See you next time, Matt

"6d5n"
"mas"
"albert"

Reviewed September 14, 2016

I had a 6D5N trip to Ijen, Mt Bromo and Borobudur with a superb companion, Sofyan recently (Sep 2016). This was a very enjoyable trip because Sofyan is such a fun, caring and detailed guide. He can speak good English which is the most essential factor for many travellers. He was recommended by my friend who followed his trip before.
I would recommend people to visit Ijen even though it is not as famous as Mt Bromo. The experience to see the "blue fire" is a must try experience which i think you should have but you need to have a fit body as well. Mt Bromo of course is not to be missed too.
I would highly recommend you to hire Sofyan as your guide should you intended to visit Indonesia. His passion towards tourism is what lacking in many and we need encourage more peoples like him. He has more fun and unique places in Indonesia to recommend to you which still waiting for people to explore.

1  Thank Dan2how
TheBest-Experience, Owner at Java Adventure Trail, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2017

Dear How Aik Hwa,

Thank you very much for choosing Java Adventure Trail as your travel partner in Indonesia. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip and our services. We wish to see you again on your next trip and experience another great adventure in Indonesia!

Reviewed September 10, 2016

We did the trip to Ijen Crater and Mount Bromo. Thank Sofyan, the tour guide for bring us discover the undiscovered. You need a experienced tour guide like Sofyan who can bring u to take magnificent picture which indeed i really want to thanks him a lot. Its really a nice place to visit and should not missed when u travel to Indonesia. Thanks Sofyan.

Dear Alex,

Thank you very much for choosing Java Adventure Trail as your travel partner in Mt. Bromo and Ijen Crater. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip and our services. We wish to see you again on your next trip and experience another great adventure in Indonesia!

Reviewed September 2, 2016

We first did a 3D/2N trek up Mt Semeru which was great and not as touristy as Bromo and Ijen. We then headed to watch sunrise over Mt. Bromo and the scenery was epic. Blue flame at Ijen is a must see. Our really friendly guide Sofyan was great and extremely knowledgeable and he used local guides and drivers where possible giving local people jobs. Would definitely recommend!

1  Thank Gr3M

Dear Maddie,

See more reviews
Reviewed August 24, 2016

I first did a hike of Crater Ijen in Java, where we were really impressed by Sofyan, our guide, such that I got him to be my guide again when I climbed Mount Rinjani in Lombok.

Sofyan is everything one would ask for form a guide and more, and I would definitely get him to be my guide for future trips in Indonesia. Sofyan (1) speaks great English, (2) has a fun-loving and easy-going personality, (3) knows where to bring you for great local cuisine - those that the locals love, not just the tourists, (4) takes awesome photos that you can share on social media and (5) does everything to ensure safety of the climbers whilst making it fun for us. Rinjani was a tougher mountain to climb, and his dedication to making it a memorable experience for us was absolutely respectable!

I would recommend Sofyan without doubt to anyone doing hiking in Indonesia.

1  Thank Annabel T

Dear Annabel,

Thank you very much for choosing Java Adventure Trail as your travel partner in Indonesia. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip and our services for the second time around. We wish to see you again on your next trip and experience another great adventure in Indonesia!