$29
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
Hotel Gajahmada(Pontianak)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsterrace suitenear airportquiet placeswimming poolfriendly receptionistin townpontianak citywoodvillamosquitoesindonesiainterior
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stayed one night at the Gardenia Resort whilst on my way to Tanjung Puting in Kalimantan. Im so glad I did as it was an absolutely lovely stay. The staff were so friendly, and accommodating..I felt really welcome. The food was great, the massage was amazing, the room was lovely and the grounds were beautiful. They even dropped me off at the airport for free. Highly recommend this place to anyone travelling to Pontianak.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Heidi C
Gardenia440, General Manager at Gardenia Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear Heidi,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you were on your way to Tanjung Puting and for taking the time to write this encouraging note.

All staff and I are so thrilled by your compliments of the service you received during your stay and will certainly share with them as well.

We look forward to another opportunity of welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I visited relatives in Pontianak with my family and have just realized that the city has beautiful resort. Only minutes away from the airport, this resort has unique villa design and beautiful garden. The location is a bit far from the crowded of city center and malls. So if you're looking for city center, don't stay at this resort. However, my children love it, as there is theme park next to it while I can enjoy the spa treatment in the resort.
Staff are friendly including the general manager, but most of the staff still need to improve their speed of service.

Room Tip: Take the Terrace Suite if you're travelling with children
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Marissa S
Gardenia Resort... P, General Manager at Gardenia Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Marissa,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and sharing this review of your recent stay here on TripAdvisor!

I do appreciate your feedback, so thank you for addressing your concern on the speed of service. Your feedback will be shared with our staff, to ensure that we continue to offer highest possible level of service to our guests.

Myself and team are most happy to hear of your compliments and we look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Pontianak.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

This hotel is a relaxing oasis located within minutes of the airport. You are surrounded by tropical flora and the sounds of the rainforest. Where this place also really shined was the customer service. My power adapter was not working well and the main clerk went well out of his way to ensure I had a functioning one before I traveled to Sukadana (where I was unsure if there would be one available). In the end, he ended up giving me his personal adapter!
Other than that, the rooms were very large and the breakfast buffet had more than enough options of classic Indonesian cuisines. There were 4 options of freshly squeezed tropical fruit juices and an omelet bar. Highly recommend and would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Shaun C
Gardenia440, General Manager at Gardenia Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Shaun,
Thank you for a complimentary review of your recent visit on TripAdvisor.

I wish that you could have stayed longer with us! I am glad that you had experienced the personalized service from our staff, again thank you for having taken the time to highlight them.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Gardenia Resort and Spa on your return visit to Pontianak.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We travelled to Pontianak on 31st May, 2013 by bus (Eva Express) from Kuching. It was like a trip back to the past, the road journey was long and tiring. We were totally shaken by the road system but the experience was awesome. We reached Pontianak late at night and stayed in a hotel downtown. The following day, we went to Singkawang by a hired Innova with a driver (who spoke English and chinese) for a day trip. After that tiring journey, we went back to Pontianak and stayed in Gardenia R & S. Upon checking in, I was told by the friendly receptionist that Pak Suambara had upgraded our room to a family Suite with no additional charges. My family and I were delighted with the hotel, the wood furnishing are unique, typical Indonesian craft. We also enjoyed the BBQ cum buffet dinner at Papyrus Restaurant. We had all our meals there during our stay. We spent almost half of the day (Sunday) soaking in the pool beside the hotel but the Kalbar Fantasia Theme Park is closed on Monday -much to the disappointment of my children. The Aruna Spa provides massage and Spa treatment. My husband and I decided to give them a try and it was really nice, the well trained masseurs did a good job soothing our aching muscles. Our stay in Gardenia came to an end on June 3. It was rather sad to leave, my children vowed to go back there again. If we ever go to Pontianak again, we will definitely go back to Gardenia Resort and Spa. Give this hotel a try. It is a jewel in the crown, a place to relax from the hustle and bustle of the city.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 777chai
Gardenia Resort... P, General Manager at Gardenia Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear Betty,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your stay with us, and particularly, your highlight on the unique design of our villas, our weekly regular event, the spa and our themed park. I am delighted to read of your positive comments.

Travelling with family is really an experience and it is our intention to make every visit more interesting and easier on the parents.

Should your plans bring you back to Pontianak, I look forward to another opportunity to welcoming you back!

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed June 16, 2013

The resort if very near Supadio Airport and quite far from Kota Pontianak. We were lucky to rent a vehicle our stay in Pontianak as taxis are rarely seen around the resort. A lovely place for a retreat indeed but need to step up on the maintenance. As I first step to the private villa, a plank actually broke which is considered hazardous to the patrons. After making a complaint to the reception, still nothing was done to replace the broken plank walk. While at night, it is very quiet but the sound of what I believed to be termites gnawing the wooden villa can be very creepy. Something should be done like pest control as the lovely place would easily crumble with the rate of termites gnawing the wooden structures. Basically the villas and terraces are beautifully done with unique architectures of Dayaks of Kalimantan and the landscaping beautifully done with man made ponds and some chickens and monitor lizards roaming freely. A good place for family or company retreats but please maintenance is at utmost urgency.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank hageniskandar
Gardenia Resort... P, General Manager at Gardenia Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear pak Iskandar,
Thank you for having taken the time to write a review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

I really appreciate your comments, both positive and where we need to improve. I am glad that you were impressed with the unique design of our villas and the beauty of our garden.

I am deeply sorry for the disappointment you felt with the lack of response from our staff. I fully agree that safety should be a priority. We take your feedbacks seriously and I have personally addressed these issues with my team in the resort for immediate improvement.

Again, please accept my sincere apologies and I hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back.

Yours sincerely,