“Perfect solitude stay”

Ranked #29 of 31 Hotels in Pontianak
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I came back herr again after sometime and found out that they still maintain all their places and facility. Their service is still quick and friendly. The room is very quite and comfortable. The breakfast is great.

Im looking forward to another solitude day of reat in here.

But if you looking for some place nearer to the city center this isn't your hotel. This hotel is very convinient for airport transit also. Its only 5 minutes from airport.

• Stayed: January 2013
Gardenia Resort... P, General Manager at Gardenia Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear Ayu,
Thank you for sharing your review. I am happy that you tell us how much you enjoyed your stay with us.

We strive to provide a great service to guests and to receive a positive feedback such as yours is very motivating.

Thank you for making our resort your preferred hotel again during your recent visit and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

The Gardenia Resort and Spa provided us with everything we needed for our adventure in West Kalimantan. The resort is pretty and quiet and close to the airport, the staff are friendly and helpful. The easy access to Pontianak was a bonis, as was not being inside the city to sleep. The resort has an adventure playground and waterpark for kids of all ages which adds to its appeal, it has wi-fi, hot showers and a great space from which to plan and prepare for a trip further into the area and also to rest and recover afterwards.

Room Tip: The long house style rooms are great for anyone, the separate terrace rooms are good for couples.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Gardenia Resort... P, General Manager at Gardenia Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear Kayti,
Thank you very much for posting such a good review.

I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed the entire experience at Gardenia Resort and Spa and will definitely share your kind words with our teams here in the resort.

Please write me if there is anything that I can do to enhance your future stay.

I look forward to your return soon.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I had been in this places twice. Its a very great place to stay or to have vacation. 30 minutes from the city(a little bit far), but its very quite and natural. Hotel room is made from wood, but its very well maintenance and safe to stay. The barbeque at night is so romantic, with a natural garden, perfect for couple. the hotel have a facilities for children to play, and a swimming pool in the front of the hotel. to bad its also open for public to use. over all, its a great hotel to stay, especially for those who like a quite place to stay. I like to stay here again. I recommend it.

Room Tip: If you are alone and low budget, premier room is good enough. but if you want more comfortable room...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Sie_Ferry
Gardenia440, General Manager at Gardenia Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear Ferry,
Thank you for giving us such great feedback on your Trip Advisor review following your recent stay at Gardenia Resort and Spa!

We are delighted that you enjoyed both of your stays with us and thank you for taking the time to let us know.

We look forward to the pleasure of your next visit and thank you for having made us your hotel of choice in Pontianak.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed 4 nights at the Gardenia and enjoyed every moment of my stay. The rooms are all little wooden bungalows located in a beautiful garden. You have lots of privacy and the room and bathroom are both very spacious. The staff is very helpful and friendly, most speak English . If you want to go on a trip, they will help you to book it. The breakfast buffet offers plenty of choice. I treated myself with some massages at their spa, again, very good.
If you are looking for a quiet place to stay and don't mind taking a taxi or the hotelvan into town, this place is excellent. It's located 5 km from the airport, but there's no noise from that. Overall i was very satisfied with my stay and definitely go there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank grietje1961
Gardenia Resort... P, General Manager at Gardenia Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Margret,
Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review about your stay at our resort recently.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. The pampering upgrade to Terrace Suite, It was well deserved and was our great choice as the villas provide added privacy. We are also delighted to hear that Emma and Dewi personalized service enhanced the experience of your stay.

If your travels bring you to Pontianak again, please let us know and we would be most happy to serve you.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed in Gardenia resort for 3 nights,& overall it was very good,the room was clean,tidy & air conditioned,which is an absolute must in Pontianak,it is so hot & humid.We were lucky enough to go when there were free upgrades to a better room.
As a previous guest has stated,the breakfast is pretty basic,maybe it should be looked into,but it did serve a purpose,we used room service once,& again,no problems at all.
The restaurant itself serves a decent ammount of dishes to keep most people happy,we stayed over a weekend,& tried the friday night 'sushi' night & the BBQ on the saturday night,both which were very good,& reasonably priced.It is about a 20-30 minute taxi to the city centre,& the food at the resort was obviously more expensive than in the city,but we thought it was worth staying there & to be honest,pontianak does not look very welcoming at night!.
The resort itself was a nice place for a quiet few days away,lush greenery,wooden walkways raised off the ground,spa treatments available,& the restaurant open nearly all day,& you are far enough away from a main road,so it is very quiet.
There is also a theme park next to resort which you are allowed to enter free of charge if you are staying there,I use the term 'theme park' lightly,it is for children really,& from my western point of view,it looked very strange.
Many thanks to the staff at Gardenia who were all helpful,especially to Dewi in the restaurant & Emma on reception,both who helped to sort afew things out for us.
I dont see a reason why I will go back to pontianak,but if I did have to,then I would definately stay at the resort again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelFried
Gardenia Resort... P, General Manager at Gardenia Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Dear Paul,
Thank you very much for staying with us on your recent trip to Pontianak and we are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us so much!

It is also a pleasure to read that our room and dining offer, Sushi & Teppanyaki Night and BBQ Night, more than met your expectations. On the other note your constructive feedback on the breakfast is very important to us and helps us to improve.

We are very pleased to learn that you enjoyed the service which was "beyond your expectations" from Dewi and Emma. We will certainly share your comments with them and for certain they will feel happy that they made your stay memorable.

We will be more than happy to welcome you back to our resort if you do plan to return to Pontianak.

Best regards,

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I've stayed at the Gardenia multiple times, and each time was wonderful. It feels like a luxury hotel, and the staff is incredibly helpful!! Not only were they helpful with attending to my comfort while at the resort, they also were instrumental in helping me achieve my business purposes while in Pontianak...supplying a van and driver for the entire day at an incredible price, as well as connecting me with a woman who wasn't even an employee of the resort who helped me navigate the intense early morning markets of Pontianak. My trip to Pontianak would not have been successful without the support of the Gardenia Resort and Spa!

Besides the incredible staff and comfortable rooms, the restaurant was also very impressive! The massages were great, and reasonably priced. Plus the whole layout of the resort was just beautifully done...luscious plants lining the suspended walkways that lead between the individual cabins and rooms. Also, the complimentary airport pick up and drop off was a wonderful service. After an exhausting flight there is nothing quite as nice as someone waiting at the airport to pick you up and bring you to your hotel.

I can't wait to come back again one day...hopefully sooner rather than later!!

Room Tip: I would definitely pay the upgrade to the individual cabin rooms. The bathrooms are larger, and it...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Mark K
Gardenia440, General Manager at Gardenia Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear Mark,
It was a real pleasure having the opportunity to meet you during your recent stay at Gardenia Resort and Spa and I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your visit.

It seems numerous staff members helped to create some long lasting memories for you to take back home. I will surely share your kind words with the rest of the staff here in the resort.

When your plan brings you back to Pontianak, please do let me know so we can ensure another wonderful time for you to share.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

It was my 1st time entering Kalimantan and we decided to stay in this hotel resort. Surprisingly it was a very nice place, full of green and relaxing environment. Even we stayed here for just 2 nights but believe me, it was a very good experience. The staffs were so friendly and helpful.

Breakfast may not be exactly exciting, and I think the management should look into this for improvement. But the BBQ was simply awesome!

I'm planning a next trip to Pontianak, and I will definitely choose this resort again to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank audioserv
Gardenia Resort... P, General Manager at Gardenia Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your comments following your recent stay at Gardenia Resort and Spa, Pontianak.

We very much appreciate that you take the time to share with us your valuable and constructive feedbacks. Please allow us to apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced with the quality and selection of the breakfast served in our restaurant. Rest assured that those have been discussed with the relevant department managers.

Your comments will certainly be a great recognition to our resort and future reference to other guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Gardenia Resort and Spa in the very near future.

Best regards,