“Super comfy hotel for business and family”
Review of Novotel Balikpapan

Novotel Balikpapan
Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Balikpapan
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Super comfy hotel for business and family”
Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

Eventhough i only stayed there for 1night, it was extremely a good stayed for me. I went to balikpapan lastweek for a business trip,and got their deluxe room. The extra king bed, the see through bathroom, and a complete channel of tv made my day! Their breakfast is super delish! You should try their salad,bacon and everything else. Their lunch menu also really yummi. They have these awesomeness of cooking dishes. Try their wasabi mayo with the sushi, the roast chicken and dimsum with the sauce, the apple fritter, and their super yum vanilla ice cream!

They have these beautiful pool with beach view, and also a quite big children playgroud at the lobby. Nicey!
Because i came on december, so they decorate their lobby with the christmas tree and stage.

Great!

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank Sillyshape
Balikpapan_novotel, Manager at Novotel Balikpapan, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Sillyshape,

Thank you for your great feedback and we are looking forward to welcome you back here for your next visit.

Best Wishes,

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Indonesian first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed December 10, 2012

It is awarded 5* by local regulatory. Nice swimming pool. Wifi is only available in the lobby and not in the room. The door of the room is not equipped with a door closure (so make sure you ensure your door is locked when you exit)..at least my room 510 is not installed with one. I had been very dubious whether the guest room door is actually fire proof (because it is too light)...i tried to inquire at the front desk but didn't get a satisfy answer. So make sure you understand escape route.

Room Tip: Floor 8 is better
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jack L
Balikpapan_novotel, Manager at Novotel Balikpapan, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Mr. Jack,

Thank you for staying at Novotel Balikapapan and sharing your positive feedback to us. at the moment we are installing Wifi Connection for all Rooms in Novotel floor by floor and will be ready to use before end of this month.

we are very sorry not giving you the satisfied answer regarding room's door but I'll make sure to you it is the best standard in town for security issue and we are looking forward to your next visit as we hope will be more pleasant.

Sincerely

Connah's Quay, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Had the very great pleasure of staying here on business to bring our hard working pilots home after being based here for the last 3 months. Rooms fabulous! Staff amazing! Everything perfect! Hope,very much to return. X

Room Tip: Stay on the 8th or 9th floors. Executive rooms with access to exec lounge. Luxurious!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tfgj
Balikpapan_novotel, Manager at Novotel Balikpapan, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Dear TFGJ

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Balikpapan. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

Good location. Eateries and shopping complex nearby. In the heart of the city. Ocean seafood restaurant only 10 mins walk. There are many karaoke bars nearby as well. The closest money changer 15 mins walk.
Every Friday there is a BBQ buffet next to the pool. Go try it. The massage centre is pretty basic but good enough if you wanna relax or have aching body.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Joe_Fuse
Dear Joe,

Chelmsford
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Had a pleasant stay in the hotel. Staff were helpful, and the food was perfectly fine . We had breakfast most days and there was more than enough choice. Sadly for the first few days the pool was out of action, so managed only a couple of swim sessions. The pool area and changing rooms are a touch dated, but that is being picky.
The location as others have pointed out, is central to the main part of town, and there is plenty of restaurants within walking distance, plus a reasonably modern shopping mall. There is a multiplex cinema there as well.
Our bathroom had this glass window, which was quite strange. The actual bath and shower was somewhat dated, and the suppose mat in the bath for slip avoidance actually created more slip issues than it solved. Truthfully not a set-up you expect in a top notch hotel.
The daily room cleaning, also left a little bit to be desired, on occasions we had to ask for toilet and tissue paper, which seemed odd. Plus the toiletries were not always replaced as they should have been.
There were three lifts, one seemed regularly out of order whilst we were staying there, and there really seemed to be a problem with the 7th floor button, the number of times it bypassed was just annoying. Simple put the lifts were slow, and not really efficient enough.
Asdl was available in the room, but I am now a tablet and smart phone user, so had to access wifi in the lobby, which again I am afraid was behind the mark for a business hotel.
I stayed on a special deal, and upon checkout which we were time tight for catching the plane, I really did have a problem in getting my point that several days of my stay had been pre.paid and indeed included breakfast.
I will say the front desk staff were charming at all times, but just so frustrating. I am still working with the hotel whether they should refund me, or indeed as they claim I owe them.
When asking for my bags to be brought down from my room before I went to breakfast, imagine my horror to discover that it had not been done. Again this is billed as a top business hotel.
Would I stay again, yes I would, because the staff are really pleasant. I would just know to ask and ensure the attention to detail needs a reminder. For the future if I pre pay, then I shall address that with the manager at the beginning .

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank sessachief
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Balikpapan. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Brighton
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Overall this is a really good, modern business hotel with friendly staff. The location is as very central, lobby, restaurants and food about as good as you would expect. The rooms were better than I'd expected - very fresh and modern, in good order. My only real gripe is with the gym. It's a good gym but the air conditioning isn't up to the job. If this is important, choose another hotel. The other issue I had was with some of the front of house staff whose English is almost non-existent and knowledge of the Accor Hotels loyalty scheme was plain wrong! Most staff in the hotel, however, are excellent.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Kestrel123
Dear Mr. Brighton

I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services and our english language