favehotel MT. Haryono
Blue Sky Hotel(Balikpapan)
$29
$25
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfave hotelbudget hotelbreakfast menunice hotelparking areacheck in and check out processother guestsbig roomrecommend this hotelstrategic locationstayed for nightsnon smoking roompinklobbybusinessvariancenite
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Once again I slept in this hotel for another 2 nights. Pros: fast check in and check out, friendly and attentive staffs, free internet wifi with average speed, breakfast menu was not bad, paid airport shuttle car, no electric pot in room, but we can get free hot cold mineral water from water dispenser near the elevator, near local shops, malls and restaurants. Cons: no treadmill, unstable wifi internet connection, strange odor may be came from the carpet under the water dispenser outside my room. But relatively no serious complaint during my stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank AlexSantosa
favehotel M, Manager at favehotel MT. Haryono, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Dear Alex Santosa,
Thanks for your comment at trip advisor,
We are glad to know your comfort for stay at favehotel Balikpapan,
Really sorry because until now we still can not provide treadmill and for odor from the carpet , we will make a treatment again so as not to cause less savory smell again.

We are very happy to wait for you back soon

Best Regards,
Dahniar-Hotel Manager

Reviewed December 20, 2013

I was stayed twice on this hotel last week. Pros: Friendly staff, fast check-in and check-out, average breakfast, large room. Cons: the room was not very clean. First time I stayed on this hotel, I've got a room with bad toilet and shower conditions. Second time, I stayed there, I've got a room with dirty bed linen condition. I hope that the staff will improve their cleanness standard in the future. And I was asked for a morning call but the staff didn't call me although the front office staff has write down my request. You can't expect much on the hotel facility although I can accept it since this is a quite nice budget hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
favehotel M, Manager at favehotel MT. Haryono, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We appreciate all customer feedback as it helps us to improve the service that we provide to our guests.
I also thank you for your visit a second time to favehotel
We are apologize any inconvenience during your stay at our place with regard to cleanliness in the room and linen .
we would be very concerned about the issue and will remind the staff to improve cleanliness.
And for a wake up call, we will investigate staff who have made such a mistake.

Once again I apologize for this matter.
we hope you will come back to our place and hopefully I can greet your arrival directly next

Thanks & Best Regards,
Niar - Hotel Manager

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I stayed in this hotel last october on business purpose. Overall I am satisfied, warm welcome from the staff, good bed, quiet, clean bathroom (perhaps because it's new), and wifi internet in the room is good.
I didn't get a chance though to explore the facilities and breakfast selection is not much.
But again, if you're coming for business, i believe it's already enough

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Pipietsarah
favehotel M, Manager at favehotel MT. Haryono, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear Pipiet Sarah,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel, in Trip advisor
We appreciate all your kind words regarding our team. We are very proud of everyone in our hotel and they all work extremely hard to make your Stay is enjoyable,

We hope that next time you visit Balikpapan, that we will see you again.

Warm Regards,
Dahniar Husain - Hotel Manager.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

The Lobby of the hotel is average.. it is so colorful.

The first disappointment when i checked in and given a room. The room i was given already filled by other tenant so when i tried to open it.. there was a person in there. Luckily I was guided by the bellboy. The bellboy had to go back to the Lobby and find me a room. They put me in a smoking room while waiting for my non smoking room to be ready.. I waited there for about 2 hours and no news so i had to go back to the lobby and ask if my room is ready. and finally i was told it is ready.

Impression of the room is spacious. it is clean. pillow cover was dirty and i asked it to be change. Bathroom is clean.
I must warn the Hotel is cheap but there is a side to it.. only toothbrush is given.. everything else you have to ask and pay for it.. from room sandals, cotton bud.. etc..
there is in room safe which was locked when i tried to use the next day.. asked for it to be open which is taking forever for the man to come requiring me calling a few times and went to lobby. (calling to reception is a little bit hard since sometimes no one picked it up). ask in the afternoon and finally a man came and open after few hours..

AC is okay (maybe because i'm fond of Cold)

Breakfast:
Taste so so
Choices very little..

I Pay the room through their website.. about Rp 350k/night
I had to check out since no room available..

overall if i'm on the budget i will choose this hotel again. but if there are other hotel with almost the same price might try other hotel..

Room Tip: 2nd floor is smoking rooms, 3rd floor is not. the hotel is far from main street so it is not noisy..
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Nels F
favehotel M, Manager at favehotel MT. Haryono, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear Nels,
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel.

from the deepest my heart i'd like to I apologize for the inconvenience .
because of mistakes made by my staff that makes you not comfort while staying at our place.
We will undertake further improvements especially in terms of communication with guests.
and more attention to the special requests of our beloved guests.

We hope that in your next visit to favehotel Balikpapan , you will find the satisfaction and meet your expectation at all .

With my best regards,
Dahniar Husain - Hotel Manager

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I slept in this hotel for several times. Pros: value for money, efficient + fast check in and check out, friendly staffs, clean large comfortable room, strong shower, average breakfast menu. Cons: free wifi internet connection but at this time the speed was unstable, no fitness center at least treadmill.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
favehotel M, Manager at favehotel MT. Haryono, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Pak Alex,

Please receive my gratitude to you from favehotel - MT. Haryono , has been chosen as your second home in Balikpapan.
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel and We appreciate to your feedback as it helps us to improve the service that we provide to our guests.
I'm sorry about signal wifi unstable , We hope that in your next visit to favehotel MT. Haryono,, you will find the satisfaction and meet your expectation at all .

Thanks & Regards,