“Simple and total service”

favehotel MT. Haryono
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Balikpapan
Makassar, Indonesia
“Simple and total service”
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

For new hotel and any kind of fave hotel, this hotel offers you great atmosphere and good nite sleep. Like other fave hotel, they are simple and whatever you need, just what you can get here.
I did reservation for business reason to came to Balikpapan, so I don't bother about the hotels's service.
But I remember when I made the reservation right from the web. There is an discount offer if we booked from the web. When first I made the booked I didn't saw the sign. Just about I finished the process, the sign was blinking in for nt of my eyes. I thought how could I change the reservation to get that discount because its offer only for online reservation. So I contact the hotel from the online costumer service. They help me much, and I got the discount as the said at the sign.
It really help and not just stoped there, when I arrived at hotel, the service still as helping as from online.
This what the hotel should be!!!! I gave whole stars for the service.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
favehotel M, Manager at favehotel MT. Haryono, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Desiree,
We appreciate all your kind words regarding our team.
and We are very proud of everyone in our hotel and they all work extremely hard to make your day enjoyable.

We hope that next time you visit at Balikpapan , that we will see you again.

Warm Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Indonesian first
Bandung
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Stay about 5 days, booked by online and got 10% off for the room rate included breakfast. Hope everything will be ok for the first visit to this hotel. Unfortunately, facing some major issues. First, how come the reception could not find my reservation whereas we have provide exact name as written in reservation as well as booking confirmation sent by the hotel. we need to wait and staff reception need to double check again to reservation staff about my booking. did not think, it would be happened with Fave Hotel.

after waiting some "couple minutes" they found my reservation. the room was clean, spacious enough, and design was good. the price was also best and not too overprice for Fave Hotel Level.

Only the problem appear again when the air con was not worked well. tried to call the staff about this issue. The respond to check my room was quite good, fast respond and try to repair the air con. but, it seemed the issue was not properly done until the first night. the air con start to work well until my check out on the second day. hope the issue like this could be improve faster if one day it appear again.

the breakfast was also nice enough, meet my expectation. nice and friendly staff and fast to respond my enquiry.

asked for extend my stay, and i was pleased that the staff can accommodate my request.

well, there is chance to go back again since i think the location of the hotel was good enough. but of course the hotel need to improve major issues as i told before.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Adhiegunadharma
favehotel M, Manager at favehotel MT. Haryono, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear Mr. Adhie gunadharma,
First of all, thanks for input comment at trip advisor,
for about your comment this very important for improved our services.
we will make a good communication between our staff about reservation and will give some trainee special for Handling Reservation by website,

Air conditioner was not worked well, we will recheck again, because we conduct regular check ( maintenance for AC ).

Once again thank so much for your comment, and we hope you will stay with us again.

Best Regards,

Dahniar - Hotel Manager
Magelang, Indonesia
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This time I tried to stay for 2 nights at this new hotel which was opened in early 2013.
Pros:
- New building, new linen and bed
- Clean, comfortable, quiet room with tiled floor, large window, medium LCD TV, individual air conditioner, secure box, strong shower
- Unlike other Fave's hotel, this hotel has spacious standard room
- Every day we will get 2 bottles (330ml) mineral water. But there is a free to use drinking water dispenser near the elevator, so we can refill the bottles if needed.
Cons:
- Junior front office & restaurant staffs. They try to be friendly but in my opinion they still need to improve their hospitality
- Not too fast check in and check out
- Like other Fave's this hotel is budget hotel, so we can not find tea - coffee and electric kettle (maybe you can borrow an electric kettle from the house keeping), no slipper
- Some of housekeeping staffs are friendly but some are not
- Very unstable and weak wifi internet connection. They need to add more wifi routers near guest rooms, because they promise free internet connection as a plus point for their guests.
- This hotel has 2 elevators, but only one was operated. I think this hotel do not has an elevator for their staffs, so guests must wait for a long time and crammed with house keeping equipments in the elevator.
- No 24 hrs room service. The room service only availabe at 06.30 - 23.00
- I ordered "fave" Beef Burger but the meat was hard to bite - it was overcooked, nearly burnt.
- The breakfast menu and taste was average. At the first morning the tables were very dirty, the staffs were busy by themselves so I had to get rid of dirty plates and glasses by myself. Where was the manager or supervisor or PIC in the morning?
- No treadmill :(

But overall, this budget hotel is good. I recommended this hotel during your stay in Balikpapan.

Travel tips: if you use taxi - be careful, always ask taxi with argometer!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
jakarta
Reviewed March 15, 2013

At rp 385k per night nett incl. bfast, I dont think there is any other hotel in the city that can beat the price. The room is decent, bedding is okay, size is small as to be expected for the price. Design uses bright colors and actually works quite well. There is a shower box, toilet and wash basin in the bathroom. My only gripe is the water pressure which is almost non-existent. One good thing is they provide a water dispenser in the hallway of each floor although it was empty the first night I was there ;)...
Breakfast is more than adequate for the price. They even have egg station! I am still amazed...waiters are v friendly and helpful. They keep offering to get more food from the stations. If it had a gym in the hotel that would be the deal-closer for me, I wouldnt have stayed anywhere else but since it doesnt have one then I might try the other hotel still next time in thr city.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business