“Food was just OK, but the restaurant manager..5 star quality.”
Review of Dandito

Dandito
Ranked #2 of 234 Restaurants in Balikpapan
Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Okay, I honestly give the review based on average value. Food was average (not that special, really) but the service by the restaurant manager really impressed me. I came with 4 of my colleague for lunch. Our table was served by the restaurant manager - he was new, only 2 months. And we were really impressed with his speed and attention. You can see him like everywhere and when we asked for something - more tea, more tissue, fork and spoon please, etc he will get you exactly that in less than 1 minute. Seriously. I don't know if the same can be done should the place was very full, but when I was there, it was quite crowded, though not every table was occupied.
Unfortunately again, we ordered too many food that we couldn't finish all. There were 5 of us and we ordered: 1 large grilled fish (okay, to be fair, the resto manager picked for us so he overestimate stuff too much), 2 portion of fried squid (he said usually 1 portion for 2 people so we ordered 2 and turned out it was too too much), 1 fried mushroom, 2 portion stir-fried vegetable (we ordered garlic, but they sent belacan, we sent it back and got our order), fried beancurd. The rice was free and can take as much as you want in the buffet table. The same with some sauces and accompanying fresh vegetable.
So my advice: don't get charmed by the resto manager, order only what you can finish :)

1  Thank Mia V
There are newer reviews for Dandito

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I like crab and you can find a delicious crab in dandito. My favorite is black pepper sauce . we also can take away the crab and they will package them in very good seal so we can bring into the airplane cabin. we also can order by phone and just say our name and phone number and when it will take. the price is about IDR 135,000/pax (enough for 2-3 people).

Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Well I've never eat in the place but almost every time I come I take crabs for take away back to Jakarta.
So far I've tried the Lads Hitam ones (black pepper sauce), the taste is great and slightly spicy. The crabs usually are big, nice portions and the price is cheap.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I'm an indonesian and use to eat frugal, but this place just doesn't have any attraction, the restaurant is dirty, the food is just so-so. look for another place!

Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

I love the food, taste great and plenty of choices you can try it out. Don't forget to try its kepiting (crab) meal. However, the price is on high side.