“Terrible costumer service”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
“Terrible costumer service”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

First time I came to this restaurant was exactly the first day I arrived at Balikpapan. I had to wait for 35 minutes for my order. I thought it was okay, because the crabs needed to be cooked.
I even planned to buy some when I would return home.

And so, a day before I was supposed to return home I ordered by phone to this place. Firstly, it was very difficult to reach them. I've tried since afternoon and just got through before 6PM.

Then, I placed my order (3 packages) and said I would pick them at 8 pm. They asked my phone number and I gave it to them.

At 7.45 my husband and I departed from Plaza Balikpapan. I arrived at Dandito at 8.05 pm. When I asked about my order it wasn't among those near the cashier. I asked whether the order was ready yet and one of the waitress said it might still be packed.
I waited... But when she got back, she said that someone had already picked my order. What?! I was surprise.
She said she would prepare my order in 10 minutes. I asked her to deliver my order to the hotel where I stay, she said it can be arrange but I had to pay extra. Oh no..... I would never pay extra for that. I came to pick my order and it was their fault to give it to other people and they were dare to charge me an extra cost? Had they never heard something called 'compensation'?
I was about to leave Dandito and go to Kenari instead (it was said that the crabs were bigger), but my husband said just wait. So I wait.
Then I asked the other waitress about who was in charge, and she said that the Manager was away but I can convey my complain to the cashier. I told her that my problem was with the cashier. She clarified what the problem was with the cashier, and that was when I know that the person who took my order didn't have the same name with me! The way she told me before, it seemed that she was confused because the person had the same name with me.
I was furious. Firstly, I didn't say that someone else would pick the order. Secondly, I gave them my number. If they were confused they could easily confirm it with me.

I am very disappointed with the service and not recommend this place except if you don't mind being treated like this.

I didn't ask them to treat me like a Queen, but I guess it is normal to ask for a good service when you have follow the steps/procedure correctly. I bet they won't let me get away if took away one of their kitchen utensils. Because I don't pay for that. So is this one. I don't think I deserve to be treated like this when I have called to place my order, and came at the promised time. And I still paid full price for my order.

• Visited August 2013

• Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
“The resturant you must visit in Balikpapan”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is a"must" restaurant to be visited in Balikpapan :-) Just try the black pepper crabs & also take some home for your loved ones. You & your loved ones will undoubtedly love the crabs.

• Visited January 2013
Kuching
“Dandito Restaurant”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Dandito Restaurant specialized on crabs. Wonderful especially their spicy sauce.
Prices are reasonable and the crabs are just nice.
So next time don't remember to dropby to Dandito Restaurant for crabs.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank tiong5959
Singapore, Singapore
“Best Crab in town but long-long waiting time”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Compare with Kenari, this Dandito sauce crab is much-much better...more delicious and the crab is big, not just bone-crab. the only disturbing things are : waiting time is too long, average 45 minutes to wait, and some times te waiters not inform you when the menu you asked is finished, they just answer when you ask why your order is not arrived yet eventhough the dinner was finished. My idea is when you want to eat this crab, just call their number and have them wrap it, pick it up, pay and take away home..have your dinner home

• Visited April 2013
Bali, Indonesia
“crab, crab aaand crabss”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Dandito and Kenari.. both the restaurants in Balikpapan, u can carry the food or just eat in this place. They specialized in crabs menu, sour sauce, padang sauce, blackpepper sauce etc. Watch out because its very hot and spicy, whatever u choose is they can cooked it prety well.. So it was "the must place u have to visit in Balikpapan".. o yeah, there is one thing i hate in Dandito, they serve it very slow. I hope the owner will fix this problem

• Visited December 2012