“Good Stay at the Grandeur”

Le Grandeur Balikpapan
Ranked #15 of 37 Hotels in Balikpapan
Reviewed June 1, 2014

This hotel is absolutely fine. The room does feel a little dated and it probably is time for a refurb / maintenance…but it was very clean, quiet and the service is good. Given that it’s in East Kalimantan and costs £45 a night, can’t complain.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
E-CommerceBalikpapan, Manager at Le Grandeur Balikpapan, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear Caninlon,

Thank you for choosing Le Grandeur Balikpapan to stayed and taking time to provide us with your good feedback. The most of your positive feedback has been shared to our team as our reference to be better in the future. Overall, we always try to give the best service, and make all the guests feel "homey to stay with us".

We look forward to your return next time you are in Balikpapan. We're waiting for you soon.

Warm Regards,

Management

Reviewed June 1, 2014

I was stay around 3 days ago, but I'm willing go back sooner. I love the atmosphere of the beach around hotel. Luckily, I stayed on weekend with my friends and we got free to play banana boat. Room price is really competitive. Staffs are good. This hotel is recommended for bussiness either holiday.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Benguide,

Thank you for taking time to share very good feedback to stayed with us. Hopefully, you're enjoyed your stay and will be back sooner. Kindly be informed that we have 'The Beach Restaurant' which open from 6 p.m until 11 p.m, it's possible for you to try to get the atmosphere of the beach there.
Your good review has been shared to our team as a reference for us to be better in the future, this is certainly will continuesly improved.

We look forward to welcome you back again sooner.
Thank you.

Warm Regards,

Management

Reviewed April 27, 2014

My favorite hotel. situated on the beach with a view that is simply gorgeous. there is a seafood restaurant on the beach and a variety of games on the beach, such as banana boat and some kids games. the hotel is perfect for holidaying with family or business. staff very helpful, the security situation is quite good. the rooms are neat and clean condition, there is a bathtub in the bathroom can soak eliminate fatigue. padded mattress and I slept soundly always here.

more than five times I stayed here only one thing that concerns me. when I come home late at night and the car park was full, the security guard never helped me find or even inform an empty parking lot or parking must tell me where. so I have to find an empty parking lot to roll back to the way out! security guards only look and did not help at all.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
E-CommerceBalikpapan, Manager at Le Grandeur Balikpapan, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Dear Our Valuable Guest,

Thank you for your review that can help us to increase our service, to create a satisfaction for our valued guests. We do apologize if there are some inconvenience caused by our staff. Therefore, we have taken the initiative to highlight your comments to all the team Members concerned to enable remedial actions be taken immediately and we ensure that this problem will not happen again in your next visit. Overall, we always try to give the best service, and make all the guests feel "homey to stay with us".
Do visit us again at your soonest convenient as it is always a pleasure to have you in our hotel.
A warm regards to you.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

My third stay at Grandeur was during my wedding in Balikpapan this March. I booked for that occassion 8 rooms for friends and family of me.
Basically I must stay that the staff was friendly at all the time and that also most of my guests were happy with their short stay. I staied for almost 10 days at Grandeur and there are some things which I can not understand.
- pick-up at Airport of 8 friends of me, they asked for 250'000 Rupiah then called me after everything was fixed and said the prize is 500'000. I cancelled the pick-up. I took 3 taxis for 55'00 Rupiahs each! I m used that hotels pick up their guests for free anyway... but to overcharge, I dont know!
- Room cards, I had to change mine twice a day
- booked all rooms for my friends 3 months ahead with the request for sea view, whatever it costs. It was confirmed by the reservation. At arrival just one of my friends got the sea view room.
- There were ongoing renovations in the 4th floor. Was not a big deal, but still they should inform customers when doing a booking.

I hope the next time I return the renovationworks are completed (It was about time for that). And I furthermore hope that there will be a management that is paying attention to details. Because still Grandeur is the best location in Balikpapan.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Tommel_E83
E-CommerceBalikpapan, Manager at Le Grandeur Balikpapan, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Mr. Tom,

We regret to note your concern over incidents that happened during your recent stay with us. Do be informed nonetheless that it has always been our intention to ensure that the hotel provides the highest level of service standard to all our guests.

Therefore, we have taken the initiative to highlight your comments to all the Team Members concerned to enable remedial actions be taken immediately and we ensure that this problem will not happen again in your next visit. Renovation will finish on April and you can enjoy 4th Floor with our new concept modern minimalist room latest on May 2014

A warm regards to you.

Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

I have fond memories of the Dusit hotel now known as le grander. Thats why I always pay it a visit when in balik. Its tragic to see this grand place run so badly and what has become of the once thriving Borneo Bar. Now a sports bar....come on.... how tacky...and whats with the fat man serving the drinks ? They didnt even have cold water at the bar. Nobody under 60 goes there any more the place is so sad now.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank JalanJalan69
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We arrive in Balikpapan looking around for 2 or 3 hotel that we found as "very nice" on the review but none of that was good and almost receptions not good:
Finally, just for a case we arrive at Le Grandeur and immediatly we feel a good vibrations.
Elegant place, friendly, helpful and nice staff at reception. Room big and clean, amazing garden facing the sea side, good wine for the aperatif, nice restaurant with morning huge buffet and lovely piano player. And ....good money for value!
We were sorry to stay just for 1 night but we will come back to Kalimantan so will go there again.
Thanks to all there

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cottilu
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Le Grandeur looks like it used to be a much nicer hotel than it is today. Generally it is getting run down and from my 2 day stay, it looks as if guests are turning their back on it. Maintenance issues are common with the plumbing; faucets are falling apart and the water runs brown in some rooms for 15 minutes. The wallpaper and carpet is getting tatty and the place looks like it is becoming run-down. Breakfast is OK, but not great. The internet frequently drops out in the lobby.

The downstairs bar is decent. The location is similar to other hotels in Balikpapan. The staff are friendly and helpful. But I will be trying somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business