“cheerfulness”

Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Balikpapan
Semarang, Indonesia
“cheerfulness”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Feel so good and comfortable hotel, especially the view....i don't mind with the facilities, it is complete, especially related with sport facilities.
the food is not bad...it is delicious.
the people also nice (very helpful).
and the place also friendly for children. I do hope can stay again for next visit in balikpapan...Se u soon

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Aston B, Manager at Aston Balikpapan Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Sonny Harmada,

We are happy that you found our hotel comfortable and the staff very helpful. I will share your good feedback as a motivational tool for our staff to keep up the good work. Thank you and hope to you will visit us again in the future.

Joko Pitoyo, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed July 26, 2013

My first experienced.it was good hotel with nice comfort room.the view was great and I like the lobby situation, I got a cup of free coffee in the afternoon and saw nice sea view...just perfect...what suprising me was the server also offer free slice of cake..hmm

• Stayed July 2013
Aston B, General Manager at Aston Balikpapan Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Lungka,

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and the beautiful seaview behind our hotel. It was our pleasure to serve you. I will share your nice comments to all our staff. Thank you and hope you will stay again with us in the future.

Joko Pitoyo - General Manager
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I like the staff hospitality, anytime and anywhere I go surround the hotel, all I see are big smilling faces, and my children love the swimming pool too. I like to recommend the hotel because also the room are nice, I stay in room with big refrigerator and kitchenette..and the view is just fantastic...I will be back for sure.

• Stayed July 2013
Aston B, General Manager at Aston Balikpapan Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Leontinna,

I thank you for the positive comments. We are happy to serve you anytime. Hope that you will stay at our hotel again sometime soon.

Joko Pitoyo - General Manager
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Location is great though surrounded by few mosques, be ready to be awaken early morning. Friendly staff but the overall hotel is falling apart. The building shows signs of cracks every where. House keeping is poor not because of the staff but hotel management not providing cleaning products to clean the floor, toilets...cheap charlie management like in many places in this country.
Breakfast is of poor quality. Room wise, we had a two bedrooms suite which is big enough for a family of 4, comes with a small pantry, looks more like a furnished apartment.
The pool is poorly exposed therefore exposed to wind and is a bit cold having the sun only few hours in the morning.
However compared to other hotels, it remains one of the good place to stay. Blue sky hotel is a better place but further toward the end of the city near kebun sayur.
All hotels in Balikpapan tends to be run down after a while, even the bog ones, Novotel....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Aston B, Manager at Aston Balikpapan Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Gilwhoever,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and taking the time to provide us your feedback. With the coming of age, all buildings will have some cracks. Yes, we are patching up the building's cracks, and will start repainting the whole building afterwards. I sincerely apologize if you had concerns with our housekeeping and restaurant efforts. This concern has been evaluated and efforts to rectify the problem are being conducted. Should you come to our hotel again in the future and find that our product is concerning, please do not hesitate to contact anyone of us to assist you with any matter.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed July 19, 2013

The location is excellent since it is located in city centre. The room is very basic but bathroom is quite dirty and not well maintain. There was some repair work in tiling on walk way to lift during my stay and such a small space also took for few days and yet, no complete. It was quite annoying to most of the guest. Breakfast is very basic and not much variety. Wifi connection is relatively slow. The only impression from hotel is the service provided from one of the staff, Ms LIA.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank cytan1974
Aston B, Manager at Aston Balikpapan Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear cytan1974,

We would like to thank you for staying at our hotel and provide us with your feedback. I sincerely apologize for the less than perfect stay experience at the hotel. As we speak, all your concerns are being addressed with our concerned teams. The corridor tile repairs and bathroom cleanliness are taken care and accelerated to meet our customers expectations. I hope you will give us another try again in the future, so we can welcome and show you better product value and services.
Bandung, Indonesia
Reviewed March 13, 2013

First time I come to Balikpapan City, I stay at Aston Balikpapan. I can see good sea view from my bed room. Room and bathroom are clean. This hotel have a cool pool area, as if it blends in with the sea. Because of I stay at this hotel for 3 days, I guess the variant of breakfast menu are poor. The unique part, there is kitchen set at the room (I can saving meals cost for a while) so, I guess Aston Balikpapan still recommended hotel at Balikpapan area. One more thing, I love the ice coffee.

I hope I can visit Balikpapan city for the next time and stay at Aston Balikpapan of course.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Got here twice, 1st was on my biz trip. Love the foods, staff was also friendly & helpful. The room was great since I got the suite room... ;p But from everything else, the most memorable was the view - ocean view. Awesome. Thats why I took my family on the 2013 NYE.

Room Tip: Choose the Suite room. Definitely.