“24 Hours at Breeze Residency”
Review of Breeze Residency

Breeze Residency
Ranked #19 of 36 Hotels in Tiruchirappall...
madras
“24 Hours at Breeze Residency”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

After checking out the not so favorable reviews already available with this site, I was a bit nervous about booking a room in Breeze Residency. Since I had to attend a function at this hotel it seemed to make sense to stay here.
I was very pleasantly surprised by the immediate and courteous response to my email asking for standard rooms to be booked for my group. I specifically needed adjoining rooms with twin beds. When we checked in, the front office was very aware of my arrival time and requirements and quickly and efficiently settled us in.
The rooms were spacious, unlike modern hotel rooms which are slightly larger than the cots and the mandatory table and chairs. The rooms were clean, with all facilities in good working order. An extra cot was fitted in promptly. We were given a hair dryer on request. Room service was efficient.
The Coffee Shop offered a very interesting menu. They supplemented our special kebab platter with a couple of extras without fuss. The food was delectable.
My only grouse would be that the lighting in the rooms were of the dim variety and I personally had trouble with reading fine print but my friends were quite happy with the lighting.
We did not have the buffet breakfast which was a free complement.
I personally feel that the hotel was very good value for the money charged- efficient service, clean rooms, good food and amenities and friendly, smiling staff - be it the bell boy, the front office, the room service or the waiters in the Coffee Shop.
Despite the noon to noon check in and check out timings, the manager graciously allowed us to extend our stay by 2 hours without charging us extra for the rooms and also without hassling us when we unwittingly extended our check out by a further 90 minutes!

It is also very conveniently situated near the railway station which was a plus point in our case.

Room Tip: Our rooms overlooked the pool- so the view of the water was soothing.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Quite centrally located with comfortable rooms. Variety of buffet breakfast items could vary. Was very disappointed that I couldn't get black tea the first day; was told by the waiter that it wasn't available. The poor chap had to double up as a chef as well- he was manning the egg station. Got my black tea the next day, after I approached a different waiter. (There was only one the day before). The tea that came was so light, it hardly had any taste and the tea bag didn't come along.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Gan S
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Nothing more Nothing less.
The hotel rooms are clean comfortable. The food in the restaurant was ok.
Breakfast was a free buffet and also was good.
The hotel is located pretty close to station. So, all in all it's a medium above average hotel. Nothing luxurious but nothing below par as well.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We got the most expensive room in the hotel and the water heater was not working, floors of the washroom was way too slippery.

I traveled with my baby and highly depended on the hotel to provide us with hot water to mix babies cereal and milk formula which they totally failed. The first flask of hot water had particles floating in it like the water was left stagnant for the longest time and reboiled. Benefit of doubt we asked for another flask as maybe the first one was not washed thoroughly...But to our horror the second one was the same. we tried boiling some aquafina in the kettle provided but the kettle was old and crappy that it gave out a chemical smell. We had to rush out to the nearest fine dining to get hot water.

We made a complain the next morning and showed them the water but no apologies made.

We sticked to the routine of getting out flasks filled up with hot water from the restaurants we had our dinner at each night. But one evening there was a sudden downpour which caused flood and all we did was to get back to the hotel without even having dinner.

We had no choice but to request for hot water again. After asking for thrice by which time the baby was crying in hunger. The water finally came and the flask was so dirty that there were black mold like particles around the top which floated in the water when i tried to dispense it.

Now we had no real choice but to boil a bottle of aqua fina at the coffee house downstairs and they happen to be using a rusty kettle which was no better than what we got earlier.

I was totally dependent on the hot water as i believed that a star hotel would not provide such substandard like that of a lodge. Had i known that this would be an issue, i would not have set my foot in India with a baby. Even lodge in my country has these basics covered.

When we reported directly to the Managing Director of the hotel, he was very ignorant about it and i hated his arrogant reply when he said that they can't provide better water than the water we can boil by ourselves i was utterly disgusted ob his response to think he was staying in the room just infront of us and he claimed he knew about this right from the start but should be so ashamed of him self that he is not doing his job. What a disgrace. We were not compensated in anyways and the hotel should put someone who is fit for that position. If such a thing were to happen back home, the hotel would have to suspend operations immediately until investigations are over.

But i would like to sincerely thank a few kind souls to have made our stay doable, Mr Ganesh, Dinadayal (Managers) Mr Siva & Badusha (Bell Boys)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AnaRichard05

Travelers are raving about these Tiruchirappalli hotels

Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

The hotel rooms were very old (needed new furniture and fixtures) and it was it hard to sleep with all the noise from the street/windows rattling from the wind (single pane glass). The bed was very thin and uncomfortable. TV was old and it only had 4 working English channels (lots of Indian channels). The room was $40, but I would rather spend the extra money and stay at a hotel I felt comfortable in. I have travelled in many countries, all over Asia, and would not recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India
Reviewed July 25, 2013

The name of the hotel might seem fancy. When you search online it says "a part of the Jenny's Group. The fact is, this place has no fame attached to it's name. It is neither a part of the famous Jenny's Group, Coimbatore or the Breeze Group, Chennai. These people like to bask in the limelight of other established names. The reason why this place is erratic is because they have such unfair and illogical pricing. For example: I had requested to book the CRYSTAL HALL, with a buffet for 250 nos. I requested on a particular menu. The person in charge had to say that "We cannot deviate from the rules of the management and give what you want." We were helpless, because we had already informed all the guests of the venue. Please do not choose this place.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Luzon, Philippines
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The rooms are quite spacious with television, electric kettle, but no refrigerator, and wifi connections in our rooms are not that reliable, but you can use the computers in the lobby for Internet browsing/surfing. Breakfast are just ordinary but our lunch and dinner are better. I love the Indian foods, they are very delicious.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business