“great stay”

Sangam Hotel, Trichy
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Tiruchirappall...
Reviewed October 4, 2013

the room satisfied most of my requirements except it is not on the highest floor. the room is of a decent size with a sitting area. the bathroom is also of a decent size.
the amenities in the room work. the room is comfortable and so is the bed.
the food is very good. the prawns were cooked just right, and remained fresh, plump and "crunchy". usually in Inida, the prawns are over-cooked and hard.
the seafood taste was very nice.

Room Tip: room choice - pool view or garden view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Having seen few review's I along with my colleague settled for this hotel. Hotel's ambience is good and rooms were spacious.

What put us off or pissed us was the Restaurant Chembian where we ordered Chettinadu Chicken ( Kozhi) Fry priced at Rs 280. All that we got was 4 cubes of chicken marinated in gramflour and fried. In essence it was 4 chicken bajji with plateful of curryleaves.

Rs 280 bucks for 4 chicken bajji's, I still cant digest that and reminising the sight of plate irks me on and on. Well I might sound clumsy but I also look for value for money. Needless to say they served the dish with a smile.

Again we ordered Mutton Roganjosh, it arrived in big booooowl with half content. I could clearly visualise some cost cutting consultant sitting in the kitchen and giving tips to save cost similar to American airlines which saved some million Dollars by reducing one green pea from each dish.

We managed to finish it all not because of taste but because quantity was limited. If i recollect, never in my life I / group were able to finish the curries because the quantities served is liberal elsewhere.

I know my testimony will stand out, but I am sure people who appreciates and looks for Value for money will learn from my experience.

Room Tip: Rooms are decent
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
GM_Sangam_Trichy, General Manager at Sangam Hotel, Trichy, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Good evening sir,

Thank you for your review on the trip advisor.

We are pleased to note that you liked the hotel ambience and the rooms.

However we regret to note that you felt you did not get value for money as our portions were small.
We assure you that we would look into this immediately and take remedial action.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to trichy

Warm Regards

Reviewed September 12, 2013

My wife recommended this hotel to me as this was her second visit here.
We were in a rush to our village to attend a wedding. As our flight from Singapore
was at night an all my booking was done on-line. I had a fear whether everything will be fine or not as I was bringing my child with me but to my surprise it turns to be a pleasant one as the check-in and check-out were fast and transportation was convenient. The rooms were clean and so are the amenities. The breakfast was splendid indeed. I was really impressed with the hospitality of the staff especially Mr Maneksha S/Asst Revenue Manager who was vey patient and helpful. I strongly recommend Sangam to my friends and family.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Richard19661969
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Hubby and I stayed at Sangam during our trip in Trichy. It was very pleasant, staff were helpful and most importantly the rooms were very neat and clean. I was quite impressed with the hotel room and the amenities. Food was also very tasty.

One improvement is the friendliness of the staff. They were helpful but need to smile more and be more customer-oriented. All in all a very good stay at the hotel. Highly recommended if staying in Trichy :D

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vivi195
GM_Sangam_Trichy, General Manager at Sangam Hotel, Trichy, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Dear Madam

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your visit to Trichy. Very thoughtful of you to review us on Trip Advisor and to post an excellent comment.

We are delighted to note that you found our rooms, services and Food excellent, Your comments has been shared with the team members and assure that we will take all necessary measures to improvise on the area of concern as highlighted by you.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

My family of 4 checked in at this hotel for a 2-day stay. Check-in was fast and efficient with Mr.Thandapani remembering me personally even though I had only spoken on the phone earlier. We took a family room which comprised 2 bedrooms with a common bathroom. Rooms were nice, spacious and clean. Breakfast was generous and comprised local cuisine mainly. Room service was quick and efficient. The front office staff were courteous and helpful in arranging local taxi services. Overall our stay was enjoyable and we would definitely stay here again the next time we visit Tiruchi.
Vijayakumar
Chennai

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mpdmvijay

Dear Mr Vijayakumar

We are delighted to note that you found our rooms, services and hospitality to your liking. It will certainly be our pleasure to have you stay with us again whenever you have the next opportunity to travel to Trichy.

Warm regards

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We ended up in Tiruchirapalli by mistake and a helpful young man at the airport suggested we stay here. The staff on reception, when we arrived, tired, disoriented, dirty from traveling were efficient but also kind and helpful. The room we had was just right to restore our shattered and exhausted bodies. Clean, fresh and the bathroom was great. A very good nights sleep in comfortable beds, an excellent breakfast set us up for the 11 hour train journey we took the next day.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_Sangam_Trichy, General Manager at Sangam Hotel, Trichy, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Dear Guest

We are delighted to note that you found our rooms, services and food to your liking. It will certainly be our pleasure to have you stay with us again whenever you have the next opportunity to travel to Trichy.

Austin Shu

Reviewed July 25, 2013

One of the better hotels to live in when visiting Tiruchirappalli. The hotel is self contained. Had a pleasant stay. Breakfast has a large spread, but more focused on Indian cuisine. A small swiming pool is present too. Free WIFI service is offered per room, but only one device per room can use this service.

Room Tip: There is no stunning views to get. So honestly dont waste your time asking for a room with a great v...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank WestStarDubai

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Sangam Hotels Trichy

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while in Trichy and we sincerely appreciate your taking time to review us on Trip Advisor.

The team was overwhelmed to read your gracious words of appreciation and was happy that their efforts were so well appreciated.

Looking forward on your next visit to our hotel.