“A decent hotel”

Sangam Hotel, Trichy
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Tiruchirappall...
Reviewed April 27, 2013

A centrally located hotel with all aminities which suits for a comfortable stay. Well recieved reception and flexible people to surve you and to meet requirements of your comfortable stay. Food is good and restaurant also good with variety of south indian dishes.Temple in srirangam near to Trichy attracts a variety of customers here . Hotel is suitable for two nights stay and we need not worry much about facilities as this hotel meets our requirements.

Room Tip: Try to take master ( single ) bed room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
GM_Sangam_Trichy, General Manager at Sangam Hotel, Trichy, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear Mr YSVS Nagamohan

Greetings from Sangam Hotels Trichy

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and glad to know that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay, food and hospitality of our staff.

Thank you for taking your time and sharing your valuable feedback and it will be shared with the team in an appropriate forum

Thank you once again and look forward to your next visit with us

Thanks and Regards

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I was very unhappy to be ushered into another hotel en route from Madurai to Tanjore with a stop to see the temple at Trichy, preferring to try less touristy venues (this one was full of large European tour groups). However, the buffet was excellent, including a variety of desserts, the manager was lovely and the modern wall murals, the history in which he explained to us, were quite interesting. So, a great place to stop for lunch.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Madam

Greetings from Sangam Hotels Trichy

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. We are very happy that you have enjoyed your food and hospitality of our staff. We will pass on your appreciation to our staff in order to motivate them to do even better.

Thank you once again and look forward to your next visit with us.

Thanks and Regards

Reviewed April 9, 2013

My husband and I are middle aged independent travelers from Alaska, USA. We were visiting friends near Trichy, and found the Sangham a wonderful place to stay. We were there for about 2 weeks and found the staff very helpful, the food excellent, and the room clean with a good, clean bathroom and shower. They provided plenty of bottled water in the room. We always felt safe. The breakfast buffet was included in the price, and had a great selection of Indian and western dishes with delightful fresh fruit. We also ate in the evening at the main restaurant and the snack bar, which was actually an excellent small cafe.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_Sangam_Trichy, General Manager at Sangam Hotel, Trichy, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. We are very happy that you have enjoyed your stay, food & hospitality of our staff. we will pass on your appreciation to our staff in order to motivate them to do even better.

Thank you once again and look forward to your next visit with us.

Regards,
General Manager.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

This hotel was okay for one night but it is in need of a good upgrade and the cleaning could be improved. We were in Rm 110 which was good, very firm bed, good shower. The A La carte food was good however te breakfast selection could beimproved. The Cascade Cafe needs a good clean - I asked for a black coffee and they didn't know what I was talking about - strange!!

Room Tip: Room 110 was good
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_Sangam_Trichy, General Manager at Sangam Hotel, Trichy, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Good morning sir,

thank you very much for your valuable feed back.
we assure you that we would look into the breakfast selection, the house keeping and the coffee issue and see it is not repeated in future.
we look forward to your next visit.

warm regards

Reviewed March 22, 2013

this was the necessary stop in trichy and it was more or less the best option. it was a hotel same as any of them in the world. nice foyer and standard rooms. the restuarant was good for the quality of food but slow on the service Painfully.

Room Tip: typical hotel

good morning sir,

.Thank you for your valuable feed back. we are happy to note that you enjoyed your stay and food with us. we assure you that we would look into the service delay and ensure that it is not repeated.
we look forward to having you once again with us

warm regards

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed two nights in an 'Executive' room, which we found very comfortable, spacious and nicely refurbished. Breakfast was very good indeed (especially the Indian offerings). We enjoyed time at the pool after sightseeing and happily stretched out on towels at the poolside - there are chairs available, but no sunloungers. Service was first class at the front desk and later on when a staff member arrived promptly to sort out a minor glitch with a light in our room.

1  Thank JerryBTW2
GM_Sangam_Trichy, General Manager at Sangam Hotel, Trichy, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Good Evening Sir,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. We are happy to note that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are in the process of ordering sun lounges for the swimming pool & hope to have them shortly.

We look forward to your next visit.

Warm Regards

Reviewed March 12, 2013

As a kid everytime I used to goto Trichy (my hometown), my father used to take me out to Sangam atleast once for either Lunch or Dinner. The hotel was considered pretty elite and I used to tell my dad that this is where we should stay. However that was never to be until recently as we always landed up at my grand parents place.

However during my recent trip I had to take up hotel accomodation and I Sangam was obviously the first choice that popped into my mind. I checked into the hotel at 4am after a 7 hr tiring drive. I just needed a room for the next 7 - 8 hrs (just sleep) and asked if they had a 24hr checkout policy. Unfortunately checkout was to be at 12 noon. However the staff were corteous to allow me do a late check-out around 2. So grabbed the keys and walked down to the first floor to my room. The lobby is subtly decorated and well maintained. However I was slightly disappointed with my room. It looked pretty basic (I was given an executive room) and looked liked it needed some attention.

Pros:
-------
The bed was comfortable
Good quality breakfast buffet, not much choice of spread but its tasty.
Really courteous staff
Ample car park space on site

Could use some improvement :
----------------------------------------
The lights were oddly styled (lot of strobes and LED's). The subtlity and elegancy that one sees in the foyer was missing.
The furniture were not modern but pretty basic old world style. Its OK for a vacation resort not for a city based business catagory star hotel.
The ac was just about OK. I had the air conditioning at full blast and the fan at high and yet felt a bit warm.

Cons:
--------
I dont think its value for money
Bathroom linen were more wannabe 3* type than a 4* hotel
There is no "Do Not Disturb" sign option available as far as I could see (The room cleaning people kept ringing the door bell and one of the times they tried to open the door - luckily the door was chained from inside so they realized and quickly moved on) - It really intruded with my sleep, the only reason. I checked into the hotel.

When I checked out of the room at 3pm, non only did they not charge me for lat check-in, they actually gave me 10% discount stating that I had checked in only at 4am. That is really a nice gesture. While walking out of my room, I noticed the adjacent room which had a King bed looked much brighter and well done than my executive room. Maybe I was unlucky to have been put up in a run-down room, but again since it was for a sleep over it did not affect me much. However prospective guests should check out the rooms if they intend to stay longer.

Bottom line
Would I stay here again, Yes, I would really love to. At the same time, I would like to see the hotel management up the game by improving things. While I dont mind paying 5K for a night, it better be worth it. Looks like they are slightly stuck up in the old world where Sangam had no competition in its league. Thats not true anymore, I have heared from my friends that the Grand Gardenia is pretty classy (I havent stayed there myself). Sangam, I hope you are hearing out.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Good Evening Sir,

Thank you very much for your valuable time spent in writing this review.

On reading your review we are absolutely sure that you care for the Sangam Family & that is why you have taken the pain to pen down your so many valuable points.

We assure you that we will seriously look in to your review & ensure that you have a memorable stay with us on your next visit.

Warm Regards