“a hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sangam Hotel, Trichy

Sangam Hotel, Trichy
Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Tiruchirappall...
Toronto, Canada
“a hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

this was the necessary stop in trichy and it was more or less the best option. it was a hotel same as any of them in the world. nice foyer and standard rooms. the restuarant was good for the quality of food but slow on the service Painfully.

Room Tip: typical hotel
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GM_Sangam_Trichy, General Manager at Sangam Hotel, Trichy, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
good morning sir,

.Thank you for your valuable feed back. we are happy to note that you enjoyed your stay and food with us. we assure you that we would look into the service delay and ensure that it is not repeated.
we look forward to having you once again with us

warm regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Twickenham, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed two nights in an 'Executive' room, which we found very comfortable, spacious and nicely refurbished. Breakfast was very good indeed (especially the Indian offerings). We enjoyed time at the pool after sightseeing and happily stretched out on towels at the poolside - there are chairs available, but no sunloungers. Service was first class at the front desk and later on when a staff member arrived promptly to sort out a minor glitch with a light in our room.

1 Thank JerryBTW2
GM_Sangam_Trichy, General Manager at Sangam Hotel, Trichy, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Good Evening Sir,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. We are happy to note that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are in the process of ordering sun lounges for the swimming pool & hope to have them shortly.

We look forward to your next visit.

Warm Regards

Bengaluru, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

As a kid everytime I used to goto Trichy (my hometown), my father used to take me out to Sangam atleast once for either Lunch or Dinner. The hotel was considered pretty elite and I used to tell my dad that this is where we should stay. However that was never to be until recently as we always landed up at my grand parents place.

However during my recent trip I had to take up hotel accomodation and I Sangam was obviously the first choice that popped into my mind. I checked into the hotel at 4am after a 7 hr tiring drive. I just needed a room for the next 7 - 8 hrs (just sleep) and asked if they had a 24hr checkout policy. Unfortunately checkout was to be at 12 noon. However the staff were corteous to allow me do a late check-out around 2. So grabbed the keys and walked down to the first floor to my room. The lobby is subtly decorated and well maintained. However I was slightly disappointed with my room. It looked pretty basic (I was given an executive room) and looked liked it needed some attention.

Pros:
-------
The bed was comfortable
Good quality breakfast buffet, not much choice of spread but its tasty.
Really courteous staff
Ample car park space on site

Could use some improvement :
----------------------------------------
The lights were oddly styled (lot of strobes and LED's). The subtlity and elegancy that one sees in the foyer was missing.
The furniture were not modern but pretty basic old world style. Its OK for a vacation resort not for a city based business catagory star hotel.
The ac was just about OK. I had the air conditioning at full blast and the fan at high and yet felt a bit warm.

Cons:
--------
I dont think its value for money
Bathroom linen were more wannabe 3* type than a 4* hotel
There is no "Do Not Disturb" sign option available as far as I could see (The room cleaning people kept ringing the door bell and one of the times they tried to open the door - luckily the door was chained from inside so they realized and quickly moved on) - It really intruded with my sleep, the only reason. I checked into the hotel.

When I checked out of the room at 3pm, non only did they not charge me for lat check-in, they actually gave me 10% discount stating that I had checked in only at 4am. That is really a nice gesture. While walking out of my room, I noticed the adjacent room which had a King bed looked much brighter and well done than my executive room. Maybe I was unlucky to have been put up in a run-down room, but again since it was for a sleep over it did not affect me much. However prospective guests should check out the rooms if they intend to stay longer.

Bottom line
Would I stay here again, Yes, I would really love to. At the same time, I would like to see the hotel management up the game by improving things. While I dont mind paying 5K for a night, it better be worth it. Looks like they are slightly stuck up in the old world where Sangam had no competition in its league. Thats not true anymore, I have heared from my friends that the Grand Gardenia is pretty classy (I havent stayed there myself). Sangam, I hope you are hearing out.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Good Evening Sir,

Thank you very much for your valuable time spent in writing this review.

On reading your review we are absolutely sure that you care for the Sangam Family & that is why you have taken the pain to pen down your so many valuable points.

We assure you that we will seriously look in to your review & ensure that you have a memorable stay with us on your next visit.

Warm Regards

Sangam Hotels
Trichy
Rainham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

We stayed in one of the Hotels best rooms for 1 night which was very nice & offered everything you would expect from a good quality Hotel.
We had a super Thali late lunch here as well.
The room was a good size, spotless with a nice ensuite.
Would have used the pool but it was too small for a proper swim.
No problem with wifi that you have to pay extra for.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
GM_Sangam_Trichy, General Manager at Sangam Hotel, Trichy, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear Sir,

Greetings from Sangam Hotel Trichy!!

On behalf of Sangam Trichy, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us
and glad to know that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay.

Thank you for taking your time and sharing your valuable feedback and it will be
shared with the team in an appropriate forum.

We are in the process of doing a WiFi and soon the facility shall be offered as value added
complimentary service for our in house guest.

For Sangam Hotel, Trichy
Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stayed with family this weekend and it was really a good stay. Staff were very polite and helpful. The food was really good and the maintenance was appreciable. The beds are comfortable and the service was good. Value for money paid.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GM_Sangam_Trichy, General Manager at Sangam Hotel, Trichy, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Sir,

Greetings from Sangam Hotel, Trichy!!

First of all, On behalf of Sangam Hotel-Trichy, I would like to thank you for having chosen to stay with us.

And I am very glad to know that you and your family enjoyed the stay with us
and felt the product and the service met up to your expectation it was value for money.

I am pleased inform you that your valuable feedback and compliments were shared with
the team in an appropriate forum.

Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and your guests during your next visit to Trichy.

For sangam Hotel, Trichy
Chennai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

From the lobby, to the elevators, the restaurants, and the rooms, there is a relaxed touch of understated class. Gives you a good feeling as you check in. The reception staff, restaurant staff, housekeeping are all very friendly, and unobtrusively eager to please. The bed linen as well as the towels in the bathrooms are reassuringly clean. Check out was quick and courteous.

However, I was privileged to 'enjoy' some spooky special effects. For one, the doorbell kept ringing by itself off and on. Every time I opened the door, there was no one. Even when I stood outside the room with the door open, the bell rang again. After some struggle, it was found to be a short circuit.

The special effects continued. On the AC console, putting the fan on 'high' would make it run on 'low', and putting it on low would make it run on high. One of the bed side lamps worked like a strobe light in a disco. A light in the foyer refused to switch off even when the master switch was put off. Finally the bulb had to be removed. The mikes in the banquet hall cut off by themselves and severely interrupted the conference several times. Not using the mikes was not an option as the AC blower in the ancient banquet hall was too noisy and drowned out the acoustics.

Overall it is a good place, and a good experience, sabotaged by poor maintenance. Sorting out these glitches will make this a good choice for a an enjoyable stay/conference at Trichy.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sir,

Greetings from Sangam Hotels, Trichy!!

1) At the outset on behalf of Sangam Hotel Trichy,I would like to thank you for
having chosen to stay with us.

2) And I have gone through your valuable feedback and thank you for taking
your management time in sharing your experience.

3) I have addressed your observations with our Maintenance Engineer and with
his team in an appropriate forum.

4) Calling bell has been changed and rectified.

5) Bed side lamp connection has been corrected.

6) Light near the entrance door at the vestibule area has been rectified.

7) A/C noise at the conference hall has been checked once again for the noise level
by the Engineer and the Food and Beverage Manager.

8) Our service provider has been contacted and we are in the process of correcting that too.

9) it is just inform you and hope that you may be aware that we have long duration of power cut in Trichy and unlike Chennai has power cut just two hours a day.

10) How ever we make all efforts in operating our services by using our Diesel generator incurring additional operating costs to meet the desired service levels of discerning travelers like you.

11) On behalf of my team I regret for the inconvenience caused during your stay and assure you
of turning the tables during your next visit to trichy.

Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back during your next visit to Trichy.

For Sangam Hotel,Trichy
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I feel 3 star rating for this hotel is not justified. It should be 4 star or better. the hotel rooms are very large with full facilities. Latest walk in showers. Very large beds with very comfortable mattress. what can i say about their service. The staff go out of their way to help you & prepare what ever you ask for. We asked how they make chutney for Dhosa & the general manager, Mr. Suresh Mallya, explained fully how to make the chutney & gave us a large quantity to take home. this type of people are difficult to find anywhere. Also the chef who was making fabulous dhosa that we eneded up eating six dhosas after full breakfast. Even other guests were praising the staff at the hotel. Anyone who wishes to stay in Tirruchillapali (Truchi in short) must stay in this hotel. Very Highly Recommended.

Room Tip: ask for large bedroom with kingsize beds
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GM_Sangam_Trichy, General Manager at Sangam Hotel, Trichy, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam

Greetings from Sangam Hotels Trichy!!

At the outset, on behalf of Sangam Hotel Trichy, I would like to thank you
and your guests for having chosen to stay with us.

It was indeed a pleasure having you with us and to learn that you and
your guests stayed with us were extremely happy with the product and
the hospitality services provided.

I am glad to inform you that your feedback and the compliments were
shared with the staff and the executive team in an appropriate forum.

It was very heartening to know that you and your guests are connoisseur
and like to know novel regional cuisine and wish to enthusiastically
prepare yourself.

Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back during your next
visit to trichy.