“Quality at the Branch is poor”
Review of Banana Leaf

Banana Leaf
Ranked #12 of 159 Restaurants in Tiruchirappalli
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Banana Leaf Main Branch serves great food, but if you expect the same at their Branch at TTDC close to the Bus Stand, please be ready for a lot of disaapointment.

Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

I gave 5 just for the food nothing else I had my food here .. Atmosphere and service are really bad but u can come here just for the food ...

1  Thank Sarathtrack
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Once you enter, you feel you have entered a scary would..... I guess the wanted to give a dim light feel in the restaurant but it has gone wrong and its dark.....

The food quality is that that great for the price we pay here.....

The preparation is also not that great, coz I ordered Mutton Rogan Josh which had no spicy flavor in that.... the dishes lose the originality.....

Ppl i know in trichy recommeded my this hotel, saying that this is a popular one in trichy, but I would never dine here again

3  Thank Vignesh_Madhavan
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Chances are, you will only be spending one night in Trichy. Make it a point to eat at the Banana Leaf. Do not be discouraged by the truly tacky decor (Minnie Mouse paintings for one - horrible), or the simple furnishings, the food is truly excellent. We found service to be also good, and the prices are extremely reasonable. A dinner for a family of five cost us USD 12 - for a really good meal. I don't think it gets better than that.
Not for you though, if you are looking for a place with atmosphere.

Reviewed December 20, 2011

We went with our family and the place is crowded and congested, Waiters are not friendly, they take the orders from you and come back after 10 mins and check whether your orders are correct here comes when food brought it is not what you ordered They will tell you this is what you ordered when you call for the order they say you are correct and the present food on your table is better than what you ordered. ( when you are in hungry you feel like killing him)
There is only one toilet so Gents and Ladies had to wait in the same queue( not pleasent)
I had a vegetarian meal just OK not much
Service very poor
Food quality had gone down
I do not go again, My children also of the same view

1  Thank Aadhes