“staff need to improve”
Review of Hotel Shaans

and 1 more site!
Hotel Shaans
Ranked #10 of 36 Hotels in Tiruchirappall...
“staff need to improve”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

last month i stay in the hotel with my family..1st feel in good look and comfortable rooms..i will arriving after noon 1pm ,that time i request extra pillows and towels for my son..but i got only night 9pm.i call and directly informed the room service person also.but no one care my request..and the full night i hearing lot of sound out from the corridor..i think the staff walking and talking out side the room.it's very disturbing my family..i think the room service area near the corridor..and next day ,day time also lot of sound ...then only i know some function going on the hotel..hotel make a party hall for like this function better...and me and my wife can not get good sleep in day and night also..then the morning break fast i feel like very worst..the menu also less and the service staff also very worst..i think he have some problem in the management..but he treat all the guest coming for free food..my near table family request something but the staff say not available..and after the family leave the place..the 2 staff make comedy and scold the family also..even though other guest all in there..but the staff don't care about this..
it's a good hotel..but staff behaviour and sound make it uncomfortable..i am most of the times make traveling and stay all the hotel..but its make some uncomfortable..please management make some changes...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
svmuthuram2013, General Manager at Hotel Shaans, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you sir for your very valuable feed back. We will provide better service to our valuable guest like you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Hertfordshire
Reviewed November 14, 2013

In terms of hotel choices I personally think the tourism bug hasn’t hit Tiruchi big time yet. On one end you have the Sangams & Feminas which are centrally located, offering you all the relaxing comforts like a pool, choice of restaurants etc- but they will set you back by at least 5000-6000 INR for a night’s stay. Or, you have the cheaper ones like the Mayavaram lodges , which are value-for-money choices without doubt, but may not guarantee you a good night’s sleep. You also have the new Grand Gardenia which is modern, but a few kilometres away from the centre.
So, if you are like me, in need of a centrally located hotel in tiruchi primarily as a place only to rest at the end of the day, then Hotel Shaans is that ‘middle ground’ between Pricy and cheap. Shaans does not have a pool, spa etc which Sangam or Femina might offer, but what it does have is an attached Bar, room service and a restaurant that offers enough choices.

Booking process
I booked by email weeks ahead of our arrival. Prompt response back by Mr.Muthuswamy confirming additional details like parking spaces availability etc. No demand for payment upfront which I really find it a great plus with many Indian hotels. Based on what I saw on the website, I chose a Super deluxe and a comfort room for a party of 5 adults and a child.

Arrival/Check in/Rooms
Prompt check in process. I had a quick look at the rooms before deciding not to bother with a comfort room. Though the comfort style room had a double bed and a single bed geared towards that third occupant, I found the room to be a little poky and windowless. In the end just requested an additional bed with the Super Deluxe room. Additional bed means just a mattress on floor !!!. Rooms were spacious enough. Aircon didn’t work in one of our rooms, we were then offered another room and all was well. Sheets were changed daily upon request, minimal complimentary toiletries but you get what you pay for. Our rooms were on the third floor, which turned out to be good. Rooms in the first two floors have windows that face the adjoining building a couple of feet away. So here is a room tip – choose a room on floors 3 and above.

Breakfast
The complimentary breakfast at ground floor was a civilised affair. Don’t expect too many brands of Breakfast cereals, you will find some corn flakes and warm milk nothing more. Who needs cereals when you have idlis, pongal, vada and uthappam to tuck into. I also saw the breakfast chef make poached eggs for some guests, so I suppose you will get scrambled eggs or omlette too should you need those.

Room Service
Was always prompt and no surprises in the final bill. Never got to try their Thai restaurant, but menu had plenty of choices and the smell from the kitchen exhaust in the underground car park suggested good food. Can’t comment further as I never got a chance.

Verdict: Good, will stay again if needed

Room Tip: choose rooms on third floor or above. For super deluxe rooms, the very first room on the floor facin...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear sir, Thank you very much sir for your valuable review about our Hotel Shaans on trip advisor. We will continue to work to further improve the service to our guest in future.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed November 9, 2013

A wonderful hotel! Everyone was attentive and accommodating for me being this was my first time in India and being on a teaching trip my hotel was my home for the week. Comfortable room with a great A/C since the days were warm. Wonderful breakfast, lunch and dinner. The masalas were especially tasty!!.
To the housekeeping, wait staff, front desk to the manager Mr. V. Muthusaamy I truly appreciate all your attentiveness for my week there. Thank You ! Barbara

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Barbara D
Dear sir, We are happy and thankful for the very good review reflecting your experience, about our Hotel shaans on trip advisor. We will continue to serve you better.
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I thanked my friend for taking to this hotel. Located in a posh and residential locality of the town.
Well maintained rooms and good restaurant to dine . You get a roof top place to boost yourself .
Complimentary breakfast with an elaborate line up of dishes.

All these amenities come at an affordable price tag. Never expected such a hotel at a reasonable tariff.

If wifi facility is provided at room level, presently available in the lobby, will be another value addition in its service.

Room Tip: Before choosing a hotel in a new place, consult your near and dear.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear sir, It is really nice to read a review like this as it really gives a lot of encouragement to continue our services in future also. We will work hard towards satisfying the guests like you forever.
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I always had problem staying in a hotel down south. My stay at Hotel Shaans was very comfortable. Thanks to the staff and to the management for their efforts to make my stay comfortable.The rooms are clean and the house keeping is excellent. Even the minor complaints / problems are taken seriously and restored immediately..
The front office is very hostile and they know most of the languages. This eliminates the communication problem as down south even the best 'HOTELS' speak in local language.
The check out being 24 hrs is an added advantages.
Break fast is complimentary and fairly good.The crowd is decent making your night sleep peaceful. Recommended for Business / Family stay .... BR

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear sir, Thank you very much sir for your review which is a very useful feed back to improve our services with a view to satisfying our valuable guest like you in future also.
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The hotel is geared towards business people however the staff were courteous and helpful. The room was of a good sized and cleaned daily. You are given compimentary toiletries on your first night but when the room was cleaned soap etc was taken and not replaced with new soap. Nor is any extra toilet paper supplied. The air con worked well and the rooms were pretty sound proof as we looked out on to a mosque and the call to prayer didn't bother us or disrupt our sleep too much. The hotel does have internet but you can only access this in the lobby and this definitely an area that needs to be improved with access in the rooms to be available. It was a nice touch getting the newspaper each day. The breakfast was okay but it would be better if there was an earlier start time. Breakfast organisation needs to be improved and should be set up prior to guests coming in. It was nice to have some Western options for a change(toast and cornflakes) however the milk was warm and this doesn't go so well with cereal. We ate in the restaurant one night and found the food to be tasty and the service was good.
The location of the hotel wasn't ideal for finding places to eat or getting to tourist sites but on the whole it was a good hotel and the staff/management were very good. There is a bus stop right outside and this made it a little easier in reaching places. However you had to go into the main bus station and change for most places. Beware that tuk tuks charge a premium from here. I would definitely recommend the hotel to others but as stated it is more suited for business people.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
svmuthuram, General Manager at Hotel Shaans, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the time you have spent on writing a review about our Hotel Shaans on trip advisor. It gives us encouragement to strive to perform better and better in the time to come. Certainly we will try our best to satisfy our valuable guests like you by eliminating the small deficiencies which you were kind enough to bring to our notice. However I am very happy to convey my sincere thanks to both of you on behalf of the staff members and the management.
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Here is my experince.....Visited Trichy after a long time....had to be with family for the entire day till almost 9pm....was in a mood for a drink at around 9.30 pm....I am a regular visitor of Chola Bar in Ramyas for a drink whenever I visit Trichy....Since it was too late, didnt want to travel from Shastri road to Central Bus stand. Have heard some good reviews about SHAANs previously, also had food a couple of times at Shaans (a few years back). So wanted to take a chance at the bar of SHAANs....I enter.....the bar is full of smoke, hmmm....probably thats the culture here, may be in some bars...thats ok...let me adapt myself was my thought....ordered for a couple of drinks. I dont usually go with the free side dishes. I like to pay and get quality food. Hence ordered a chicken 65. It wasnt that good....thats ok....adjusted to it, had only 3 pieces and disposed off the remaining. Was hungry but with the taste of chicken didnt want to order food. Done with a couple of drinks, asked for the bill........and here came the nasty trick....I was billed for 3 drinks when I had ordered only two. I called for the supervisor there....He is a tall black guy with a tummy and a gruff voice. I told him that I dont mind spending money for what I need, but dont charge me for the glass which I never ordered and was never brought to my table. He never even obliged to my request and started shouting in front of all the crowd in the bar.....cheeez....I nerver expected this....paid the entire bill (had paid 140 for a drink which I never ordered)....I would loved to pay him atleast 100 as tips had he treated me with respect and taken proper care of me.....so a small warning to the crowd who is visiting SHAANs, especially the bar, be very cautious of this guy...her served me at table # 1.....thats where I was sitting.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
We sincerely regret the inconvenience said to have been experienced by you when you visited our Bar sometime back. However we are increasingly alert to see that no one gains and leaves with a feeling that some one in the service of our property has done some thing in such a way which is responsible for this situation. Given the opportunity we will only be happy to make proper amends in our mutual interest. Thank you and hope to see you soon, sir.