“Worst Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Shaans

and 1 more site!
Hotel Shaans
Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Tiruchirappall...
Hyderabad, India
“Worst Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Here is my experince.....Visited Trichy after a long time....had to be with family for the entire day till almost 9pm....was in a mood for a drink at around 9.30 pm....I am a regular visitor of Chola Bar in Ramyas for a drink whenever I visit Trichy....Since it was too late, didnt want to travel from Shastri road to Central Bus stand. Have heard some good reviews about SHAANs previously, also had food a couple of times at Shaans (a few years back). So wanted to take a chance at the bar of SHAANs....I enter.....the bar is full of smoke, hmmm....probably thats the culture here, may be in some bars...thats ok...let me adapt myself was my thought....ordered for a couple of drinks. I dont usually go with the free side dishes. I like to pay and get quality food. Hence ordered a chicken 65. It wasnt that good....thats ok....adjusted to it, had only 3 pieces and disposed off the remaining. Was hungry but with the taste of chicken didnt want to order food. Done with a couple of drinks, asked for the bill........and here came the nasty trick....I was billed for 3 drinks when I had ordered only two. I called for the supervisor there....He is a tall black guy with a tummy and a gruff voice. I told him that I dont mind spending money for what I need, but dont charge me for the glass which I never ordered and was never brought to my table. He never even obliged to my request and started shouting in front of all the crowd in the bar.....cheeez....I nerver expected this....paid the entire bill (had paid 140 for a drink which I never ordered)....I would loved to pay him atleast 100 as tips had he treated me with respect and taken proper care of me.....so a small warning to the crowd who is visiting SHAANs, especially the bar, be very cautious of this guy...her served me at table # 1.....thats where I was sitting.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
svmuthuram, General Manager at Hotel Shaans, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear Guest,
We sincerely regret the inconvenience said to have been experienced by you when you visited our Bar sometime back. However we are increasingly alert to see that no one gains and leaves with a feeling that some one in the service of our property has done some thing in such a way which is responsible for this situation. Given the opportunity we will only be happy to make proper amends in our mutual interest. Thank you and hope to see you soon, sir.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

first time stayed in this hotl.gud spacious rooms,front desk very helpfull.room servc & house keeping service can be improved,i had a little problem while check out as inspite of telling them 3-4 times that i will check our by at a particular time , the bills were not ready. was almost about to miss my next transportation.otherwise had a pleasant stay.will try to stay next time again

Room Tip: rooms are nice.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guests, It was good to read a review you have written on trip advisor and thank you very much for the time and efforts you have spared for this valuable contribution. We will continue to work to satisfy our valuable customers like you in future also. Awaiting your next visit to serve you again. Our management and staff members equally thank you.
Coonoor, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

General Manager Mr. Muthusamy has an excellent rapport with Customers who interact with him in his cabin. Facility and service Excellent, I repeat, Excellent. House keeping wonderful and the Staff too. THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

My very best wishes for the well being of HOTEL SHAANS through the rolling of years.

Room Tip: Comfortable and significantly affordable!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank bmdonald99
svmuthuram, General Manager at Hotel Shaans, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for the time you have chosen to spare to write a review about our Hotel Shaans on trip advisor. We are happy to receive such a wonderful feeling of satisfaction from our valuable guest like you. We are encouraged to continue to serve you in future also. Our management and staff wish to thank you.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

We came to Trichy to see several of the temple complexes and booked a room at the Hotel Shaans. We quickly saw that the hotel is much more aimed at business clientele than tourists, but this never was much of a problem. The service was excellent, and the front desk staff was very helpful in giving us rickshaw prices and most importantly, explaining Trichy's excellent bus system to us so we could get to sites and bus stands with no problem at all. The hotel is about 8 km from Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple Complex and 5 km from Rockfort Temple and the Bus Stand. Rickshaws seemed to be quite expensive (150 INR to Ranganathaswamy; 80 INR to Rockfort Temple), so if you stay here be prepared to pay up or use the great bus system. The hotel room was really spotless, if sterile, and staff cleaned the room twice in our two day stay. They have a very reasonable same-day laundry service that we took advantage of, charging only 15 INR per item-- not much more than my local dhobi charges near my home. The downstairs resturaunt Thaii serves an adequate complimentary breakfast, and really outstanding Chettinad cuisine for dinner. On negatives, there are not many. Hot water only comes from the tap from 5:00 - 9:00 AM, rather early for us, but staff happily will bring you a bucket of hot water upon request at any point during the day. If you are willing to stay a bit further from the main monuments, Hotel Shaans is really a nice choice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
svmuthuram, General Manager at Hotel Shaans, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear sir/Madam, Thank you very much for the precious time you have spent on writing a review about our Hotel Shaans on trip advisor. We have not failed to note the few suggestions you have made. we will certainly improve our service and facilities in the days to come. Thank you once again for the valuable contribution.
Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

You would like to go for this hotel once you had stayed in this. Very calm and spacious reception area. Room was good and neat. We stayed in 2B room with a/c. We did enjoyed the stay. Staffs are very responsive and kind. Food was excellent and correctly priced, both veg and non-veg items. Quantity was correct that we did not waste the food. I am happy about this. Complementary was also equally good. Also you get news paper served.
One thing I would like to suggest the Hotel keepers is that they should provide round-the-clock hot water service.
I would strongly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Entire hotel was clam and corridors are spacious.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
svmuthuram, General Manager at Hotel Shaans, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for spending your valuable time to write a review about our Hotel Shaans based on your experience. It gives immense encouragement to serve guest like you in future also. On behalf of our management and staff I once again thank you and wish to serve you during your future visits.
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

It's a good hotel to stay! Staff were responsive.. We were 4 so we took a family suite with 3 beds and got an additional bed.. Bathroom was clean and well maintained! AC working fine.. Restaurant is average.. Complementary breakfast is provided which is good.. It's good to go for other restaurants for lunch n dinner..

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your appreciative review about our Hotel Shaans on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate, for, you were kind enough to spare your valuable time on this. We have taken your suggestion very positively and will start doing it at the earliest. On behalf our management and staff members I wish to thank you once again and await your next visit to have the pleasure of serving you.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

We tested another hotel, more expensive and with a worse quality and service, we chose the Saans after, and it was the best idea of the weekend. Clean, classy rooms, for this price range it's appropriate. Room service is good and same price than the restaurant downstairs (which is not expensive at all)
We strongly recommend it!
NB: checkout is at 9:45 AM

• Stayed June 2013
anandaraj s, General Manager at Hotel Shaans, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Guest, It is really great that you have given a very good review about our Hotel on trip advisor. We will continue to strive hard to give utmost satisfaction to our guests like you. I thank you on behalf our management and all our staff members who have been making this happen.