See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

I arrived at ajmer station at 10 in morning and start searching for hotels. I have been to many hotels either the hotels were booked or they were charging 3 times more than the normal tariff due to urs of dargah. Then finally I arriced at ambassador and I got the room at the actual fair what was mentioned on website. Rooms and hospitality is superb. Staff members are very courteous. Roof top is the USP of hotel. Only one thing I suggest which need to be changed is the charges of food. Food is very expensive we didn't had lunch or dinner in hotel due to this. Rest all was superb.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank asifinamdar
AmbassadorAjmer, General Manager at Hotel Ambassador, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2014

Dear Mr Asif

Thank you for writing about your experience at The Ambassador. We keep our tariffs uniform all throughout the year unlike most hotels in Ajmer who try to fleece the guests the moment their occupancy is high. I am glad to know that your thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate that you find the prices at the restaurant to be on the higher side but our menu is competitively priced looking at the competition around us.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

I selected this hotel based on the location from the Dargah Sharif and their advertised private parking availability. I was also impressed to see prompt response from their manager against the TripAdvisor reviews. However, this was what we found when we reached there: 1. There was NO PRIVATE parking. It's just a regular roadside parking which stays filled up during the day when the nearby shops are open! It's a blatant lie that was advertised in their home page. 2. The std room that was shown to us had a layer of dust on everything inside. The windows opened to another room where construction activity was going on! There was NO VENTILATION in this room. On requesting a refund, they promptly arranged a bigger and better room (appreciated the gesture really). However, this room was again dirty in spite of a cleaning activity before we moved in! The bedspread and pillow covers didn't look fresh, the whole room was smelling funky. The closet was dirty. The bathroom was not clean and the drainage was clogged with hair etc!
Finally, next morning while checking out, the person swiping my card asked for my PIN!!!!! I could only react by laughing!

Overall, this could have been a great hotel if the management and stuff had focused on maintaining it professionally. I see this more as a management issue which needs a thorough revamping.

Anything positive? Yes, the rooftop restaurant. The food was really good.

Room Tip: Go there personally first. Have a look at the rooms that are available and then decide!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Sir

Thank you for sharing such a detailed feedback of your recent stay at The Ambassador. I would like to take us each of the issues raised by you individually:

- Parking Space: No where we have advertised/published or promised a covered pvt. parking space. Our hotel is located in the city with parking space available outside the hotel on the ramp owned by the hotel but the parking is at 'Owner's Risk' which is mentioned at the entrance of the hotel as well. It is strange that this was even misunderstood.

- Room Cleanliness - I have strongly taken up your comments on room cleanliness with the Housekeeping supervisor and I apologise for the inconvenience caused to your over this. We do make it a point to individually check all rooms prepared by the HK staff, but somehow it still did not live up to your standards which were are very sorry about.

- Credit Card Payment - A lot of banks have now issued Chip and Pin cards to their customers and if you intend to make payment by your CC, you would need to punch the pin in the CC terminal to authorize the payment. I think this is a widely known fact and possibly it may have been a first instance for you making payment this way and possibly that is why you found it odd. This is not something that we have invented.

We strive to make each and every guests' stay the most wonderful ever but we realise that we fall short of their expectations at times. I would still take this opportunity to invite you again to The Ambassador on your next visit to Ajmer and give us an opportunity to reverse your last experience with us.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I happen to stay in this particular Hotel 3rd time in a row. All the time I visited Dargah. Unfortunately this time the experience has been worst & I even lodged a written complaint about it. Since it was a family trip we are allotted rooms at different floors after speaking to the reception/ Manager we were given two adjacent rooms which were not at all by any standard deluxe rooms. Cleanliness was average, food was okie kinds. Surely next time not this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Mr Rohatgi

Thank you for finally sharing your experience on your 3rd visit at Ambassador. We do apologise for the inconvenience caused to you. Unfortunately we were unable to offer you the usual rooms as we were running full to capacity. On your previous 2 trips, we were able to upgrade you to Super Deluxe Rooms even though you booked Deluxe Rooms with us but on your 3rd trip we were unable to do so as all our other rooms were occupied.

Our base category rooms are Deluxe Rooms and they are slightly smaller and ideal for short stays and for couples. We as a policy try to upgrade guests when we have availability even if they pay for base category room.

It is also unfortunate that on your previous 2 visits when the stay was excellent, you did not share your views on this platform but only decided to do so when the stay was not up to the mark, which in effect, does not give a true picture of the hotel.

I still take this opportunity to invite you to our hotel on your next visit and help us make amends for the shortcomings faced by you. I would request you to write to me @ ambassadorajmer@gmail.com and I will make sure your experience is reversed.

We look forward to seeing you.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Rooms were bit small but were nice and decent,but i really liked their food which was excellent,i really liked the onion kabab which was crispy and tasty,service was decent and location was also good,stayed here two times last year and is a preferable hotel for me whenever i will visit ajmer

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
AmbassadorAjmer, General Manager at Hotel Ambassador, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your encouraging comments on your recent stay. We are glad to learn that your particularly enjoyed our roof-top restaurant Ambrosia. As for the room size, I would suggest you to go for Super Deluxe room next time as they are more spacious than the Deluxe Rooms. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stayed here for like 3 days and it was fantastic....we had a good time.We booked 3 deluxe rooms which had lovely wooden flooring and were very clean,though the rooms were small but if you pay a little extra money you can choose the super deluxe rooms which they offered to us but we dint want to pay extra money.The service is really good and the rooftop restaurant is really very good.I totally recommend this hotel as its location is nearby to the Dargah and the Anasagar lake!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for such a wonderful feedback about your recent stay. We are overjoyed that all our efforts in making your stay comfortable were fruitful. We hope to see you again at the Ambassador soon.

Regards