“clean and new rooms but manager at reception tries to fleece you”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ajmer
Hotel Shanti Palace
Ranked #39 of 98 Ajmer B&B and Inns
New Delhi, India
“clean and new rooms but manager at reception tries to fleece you”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

i reached the hotel yesterday and tool super deluxe room 701 which is a 3 beded room. Room was very clean and I liked it. Negotiated the rent at Rs 2400 including taxes. Manager told me that they have complimentary sight seeing to Dargah. My bad experience started when I decided to take it. One guy was sent with me in an auto rikshah (which I thought was arranged by hotel). This guy kept on stopping at various places at Dargah and kept on pestering me to buy chadar etc or else my visit will go waste. I ended up spending Rs 800 here. When I came back he demanded huge tip for himself and rent for auto. I walked to manager and he said that guy was free but I need to give Rs 150 to auto which I then did. I did not give any tip to this guy. Later I noticed that my hotel slip mentioned that the rent was Rs 2400 + tax and that was another shock.

only saving grace was that staff was courteous and food was decently price and was good.

Overall experience was bad due to manager who was at reception.

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank SamarGupta

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
cairo
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I had booked a super deluxe room with an extra bed, for rs 3300/- for the stay from 20-Nov to 21-Nov 2012 (1 day stay)
I had called them as asked for a ajmer railway station pick up, and they told me that it will be charged rs 200 extra, so i said ok, on arrival at the ajmer junction as promised the hotel staff had send me 2 person to the railway station. which were very helpful, but they did not bring any vehicle with them, when i asked them where is the vehicle they told me that their Maruti van is under maintence, so they arranged me a Autorickshaw to the hotel,
After reaching the hotel we were given the room on the ground floor (Room No 501), the room was newly build but had had some basic design errors.

CONS------

1) Room furniture was newly build but was having sharp edges, which are unsafe for the kids.
2) Room had a cupboard but was basically useless, as all the person carry huge bags for couple of days stay and the bag will not enter the cupboard.
3) The bathroom tile work was not done properly.
4) The hot water tap was not working, and the manager gave the explanation that only this room tap was not working and he arranged hot water from some other room.
5) the washroom was not having wet and Dry area, the whole washroom was wet after the shower.
6) Non-veg menu card was useless and did not had much on it, and what ever was there on the menu card was not available.
7) Please have a look at the google map exactly where the hotel is located, as proabably you will find it the farest on the gurudwara road,
8) Washroom does not have a latch from inside

PROS-

1) The staff was very friendly,
2) pickup and drop arrangements were made by the hotel and was swift.
3) you can take a small auto rickshaw for rs 50 and it will take you near the dargah from some other interanal small lanes.

There is a hotel name Jannat which we had dinner and was very good and very probably would be a better place to stay.

Hope you found the review helpful

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
New Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed August 18, 2012

It was an excellent experience and the staff is really nice and prompt. The rooms are really clean and organized well. interior is really good. food is good. Owner of the hotel is really helpful and makes sure he visits the entire hotel and does the routine check.

Room Tip: It was an excellent experience and the staff is really nice and prompt.