“half decent food at a convenient location”

Honeydew Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 149 Restaurants in Ajmer
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I needed to kill 3 hours before taking a late night train to Delhi. Googled for a nearby half decent restaurant to wash up, have a beer and kill some time and honeydew popped up as a 'walking distance' from the Station hideout.
It was in fact a short walking distance. Clean wash rooms and decent food.
Owner/servers didn't seem to mind that I stuck around killing time for 3 hours sipping on a beer and some nick knacks.
Half decent food, reasonable prices, pleasant service and comfortable interiors.

recommended if you're waiting to catch a train.

2  Thank Devsarkar

Reviewed June 4, 2012

I am from Ajmer and left this city after 1983, this time I happen to be in ajmer and went to the restaurant along with family.

The food and service both were the best and we enjoyed our meal.

I rember first time I had purcahsed food from this restaurant some what in 1966 and it was a Mutton curry for my elder sister.

2  Thank PradeepKumarVaid
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Great place ESP near railway station.
However service is quite slow and hence don't think that you can go there for a quick bite.
Manager has a helpful attitude and cancelled our order when we told him we need to catch the train
Food taste and quality are very good

1  Thank gupta_subodh
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Hats off to Lonely Planet for finding this one for us! Looking down the barrel of a 8 hour wait for our train suddenly became a whole lot more pleasant as we wandered into the little oasis away from the beeping of horns and hassling of rickshaw drivers that is Honeydew Restaurant. A grassy courtyard and air conditioned modern restaurant was the perfect way to kill the time. The food was great and the service prompt (except out in the courtyard). At no time did we feel pressured to leave which was great especially as we had such a long wait. Only a 2 minute walk from the train station, Honey Dew restaurant is the perfect option for the in-transit traveller

1  Thank trent f
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Coming to Honey dew after 20 years brings back old memories from my days at Mayo College. Good to see that the managemnt hasn't changed and the food still tastes the best. The restuarant looks crisp & fresh. Best place to eat in Ajmer coviniently located near the Train station. Lovely ambience, great staff and above all excellent food.