“Lovely, peaceful place”
Review of Ajmer Bungalow

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ajmer
Ajmer Bungalow
Ranked #10 of 104 Ajmer B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Our stay at Ajmer Bungalow was really nice, and the home-made dinners were outstanding. The owner, Naveen Capoor, was very helpful in helping us figure out our transportation situation, both with our train tickets and the local cabs we had to take. The only difficulties arose was when Naveen wasn't there and we couldn't really communicate with the staff, who don't speak English.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 4, 2013

As mentioned in the heading, this is a place of great beauty and character. I visited the Bunglow in February this year and was there to be with my mother who was very ill. Each day, as I returned to the Bunglow, I was heartbroken to see mummy so ill. But the host, Navin Capoor went out of his way to provide solace and comfort, knowing that I had had a trying day. He even got the fireplace going in my room - just to cheer things up! Needless to say he is a perfect host. Both he and his charming helpers make one feel completely looked after. The breakfasts were a treat with something new every day. Last but not the least - one cannot forget the sound of partridges in the front garden. A rare treat indeed. I wish the Ajmer Bunglow all the best and hope to return to its comforting ambience soon.

Room Tip: Select the room with the fireplace in winters - it is a treat!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We stayed at the Ajmer Bungalow for one night in March 2013. Unfortunately we missed meeting the owners since they were away but the staff took good care of us. The bungalow itself is beautifully restored and furnished with care. We enjoyed the lovely garden, Bijli the dog and all the birds – especially the peacocks! We were served refreshing nimbu-panis on arrival and a superb home-cooked meal in the evening. We would definitely stay at the Ajmer Bungalow again – hoping to meet the Capoors next time!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2013

After a brief conversation with Mr. Capoor, I decided to stay here as opposed to other competitive accommodation in Ajmer. Well, there are very few options since I have been here before. It was a short visit involving the dargah and my cousin accompanied me. I was stubborn to stay here and guess, was welcome in spite of the fact that it would just be a day visit. The hosts were courteous even though they were not at the premises but the caretakers attended to us more than expected, especially in the food department; and we got to see peacocks in the backyard amongst other entertainment.

We arrived drenched in the rains in the morn and headed first to greet Khwāja Mu'īnuddīn Chishtī at Dargāh Sharīf which was our priority. But know what, the bungalow held us together for the rest of the day quite well with its paraphernalia and accompaniments - big garden, expansive library and a satisfying cuisine. Being the only guests for the day/night, we were attended to very well. Irrespective of whether our prayers were answered or not, I had a memorable stay at the bungalow which is conveniently located. Spacious, clean, inviting and beautiful, we wished to have stayed longer; but for our itinerary. Ajmer bungalow is one of the few establishments to offer a historic sense with a very friendly atmosphere whilst your spiritual explorations in town - I highly recommend for its proximity and comfort.

I would have loved a pottery souvenir; which is in-house; and conversations with the family but was limited to developments at my end. The food was just amazing; probably the best North Indian fulfillment to grace my stomach. Anyways, although extremely unlikely, I would like to visit again for the room and the food we were provided; and to meet our wonderful hosts.

Keep it going Capoors, I wish you best in your endeavours!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Very comfortable with an old world charm. Garden is charming. Good aesthetics. Very subtle style. Good collection of books and magazines. would highly recommend to those looking for a quiet place with old world charm.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We had a wonderful two night stay in Ajmer Bungalow. Food, hospitality, building and garden were all wonderful. The food was really very good and such a treat to sit on the verandah overlooking the garden during the day and at night sipping a drink by the fire.

Only problem is that the place is so relaxing we did not manage to get out very much and see more of the surrounding area!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I would have loved to stay for another 2-3 days at this charming old haveli doing nothing in the wordly sense but just lolling in the front verandah in the easy arm chair, reading (collection of 1000 + books to choose from) and sipping my coffee, getting up only to devour delicious food cooked by the gracious host, Mr Naveen Capoor!
And thats exactly what I planned to do in my next visit to Ajmer.

At Ajmer bungalow, also known as Deepak Vihar one gets transported to an era of old rajput regal lifestyle. One can get a peek into fast fading or faded haveli culture of tehzeeb and ada. My friend and I, enjoyed our stay thoroughly. Naveen made sure we were looked after well and arranged for everything including a khadim who took us to the dargah, a taxi for a day's trip to Pushkar, tips on various historical sites and shopping. Not to forget a packed breakfast for our train journey back home! This homestay has 3 rooms in the main house and one room in the annexe. Our room (with a double bed) was comfortable with a clean bathroom and an ante room. We paid Rs 3000 per night including breakfast and delicious 5 course meals were charged at Rs 400 per person for veg and Rs 500 for non veg fare. We got to taste some exotic indian and western dishes like Jungalee gosht, irish lamb stew, kababs, Kachhe tamatar ki subzee ( raw tomatoes), rajashthani gatte ki subzee, baingan bharta, green peas samosas, kheer, stewed guava served with cream. We enjoyed these "gourmet" evenings spent chatting with other guests staying at the haveli.

Most of the touristic places are accessible by auto rickshaws ( no 5 & 7). These are govt run rickshaws and one can reach Dargah sharif or Soni ji ki Nasiyan in Rs 7 - 10. Private rickshaws (without any number ) charge more.

All in all a wonderful , relaxing stay!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends