“Heevan Retreat was like home in Gulmarg paradise!!!!”

Heevan Retreat Gulmarg
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Gulmarg
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We've been 8 nights at Heevan Retreat....very nice experience!!!
300mts from the Gondola, excellent location
spacious and clean rooms....amazing views.....hot water running 24hs
public areas not that warm....fireplace (bukhari) working all day would be nice, specially for the moment coming from the mountain
service is great....all my special thanks for the people working at the hotel
really professional and good persons....
breakfast and dinner, perfect!!!...lots of vegetarian options, great Indian food (dahl, tomatoe paneer, tandoori, chapatis, naan, vegetable curry, etc etc)
complimentary tea with cookies and cakes was very welcome when coming from the Mt. Apharwat (runs at 14000 feet, -12 C degrees)
monkeys came every morning to our room windows, just to say good morning and wait for some food....keep windows properly closed
don't hesitate to ask for anything you may need...answer will be always, "yes"
a very special mention to:
Sajid Ali Banday at the check in counter...always there with a nice smile
Rayees Ah , pandit general manager.....for leading such a nice team
and our very special mention to our friends Javid and Rayaz at the restaurant....always taking care for our needs and sometimes cooking specially for us
thank you all.....will be back, inshalah!!!
Sandra and Daniel, from Argentina

Room Tip: room19 was nice and spacious , with private living room very nice view
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
AhadHotels, Corporate Manager at Heevan Retreat Gulmarg, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Greeting from Heevan Retreat Gulmarg!!!

Thank you very much for your warm words of appreciation and encouragement which were especially delightful in consideration of the review.

Receiving such compliments especially from a Travel professional like you are is even more rewarding and I will ensure that it will be shared amongst the team, in particular the names you have mention.

Feel free getting in touch with me directly for your upcoming travel.

With kind regards

Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

To begin with I must say it's a good hotel stocked with modern amenities, the most important of which is the central heating and electric blankets on the beds. These come in very handy in the middle of winter!

However, it is important to note that central heating is shut between the hours of 11 am to 4 pm, presumably since they expect most guests to be out of the hotel at that time.

The interiors are warm and welcoming, with wood and Kashmiri carpets being the central theme. However, having visited 'The Highlands Park' hotel in Gulmarg, I felt that Heevan lacked some of the charm and character that the other hotel possessed.

I must recommend the Kashmiri food at the Heevan. Delicacies such as the Goshtaba, Rishta, Haak Saag and Rajma chawal were finger-licking good.

The staff was courteous and helpful, except a little reluctant in helping us to book cabs!

Since we went over Valentines weekend, my husband requested that the room be decorated, possibly with flowers etc. Unfortunately, our decorated room comprised of christmas and birthday decorations!

However, I must say it was a pleasant and comfortable stay overall.

Stayed: February 2014
AhadHotels, Corporate Manager at Heevan Retreat Gulmarg, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Heevan Retreat Gulmarg!!!

Thank you for considering our hotel for your stay in February 2014 at Gulmarg. We are happy to know that you had a pleasant stay.

I have shared your valuable detailed feedback with the relevant team. We believe in providing superior quality of service to all our guests and are grateful to you for sharing your appreciation towards this endeavor. we look forward to serve you again and turn your comments from 3* to 5*!

Regards

Reviewed February 17, 2014

We picked this hotel based on traveler reviews and responses on Trip Advisor, we got contact number of Mr. Basharat Khan, Corporate Manager, after speaking to the soft spoken gentleman, he in a flash confirmed our booking for Heevan Retreat Gulmarg we had a great stay in the first week of February and enjoyed the ski with hotels excellent hospitality. We enjoyed the most was the service we received from all of the staff at the hotel; they are so genuinely friendly and helpful.
Our room was spacious, very clean, and comfortable. They even provided us with a little fruits basket with compliments from Mr. Basharat, which was so touching.
The breakfast was delicious, if we ever go back to Kashmir again; this is the hotel I would stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
AhadHotels, Corporate Manager at Heevan Retreat Gulmarg, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Greetings from Heevan Retreat Gulmarg!

Your review has really made my day! It is great to read that your stay was such a success, and I am so glad you decided to spend it with us.

We believe in providing superior quality of service to all our guests and are grateful to you for sharing your appreciation towards this endeavor. I have personally complimented the hotel staff for providing such good service to you.

Thank you as well for your kind mention of our rooms, facilities, and staff. I am really pleased that you had a lovely stay.

Please don't hesitate to contact me directely should you have any queries or require further assistance. I hope we will be able to welcome you again soon.

Best regards

Reviewed February 16, 2014

we visited gulmarg on 3rd feb 2014. stayed there for 2 days. the temperature outside was -5c. but this superb hotel was the warmest place posiible. superb faciliteis to keep the entire family warm. had travelled with kids. they enjoyed everything about this hotel. the evening snacks are superb. the morning breakfast though complimentary is just too good. the restaurant staff go out of their way to help you. i would definetly go back to this hotel next time i visit gulmarg.

Room Tip: just try it
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
AhadHotels, Corporate Manager at Heevan Retreat Gulmarg, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Greetings from Heevan Retreat Gulmarg Kashmir!

Thank you for your time sharing your experience through Tripadvisor , your positive feedback is appreciate us and we are proud to be of your service.

Looking very much forward to your next visit to Ahad Hotels and Resorts Srinagar Kashmir and to provide you the best service once again.

Best regards,

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I was planning trip this year and i was thinking to go best hotel in kashmir ,friends recommended me khyber but luckly we booked heevan retreat .we where five friends enjoyed a lot especilay staff and managemnt are great Mr. javid restaurant manager was very helpful and hard worker .nothing is impossible for him.we where recieved by smiling face by Mr. sajed banday offered us welcome drink.Then they showed us room .We where also welcomed by Genreral manager Mr rayees ahmed .he is the greatest manager He makes us feel we where at home....food quality was great especially kashmiri wazwan.My opinion for all is to visit Heevan

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank 765DINESH
AhadHotels, Corporate Manager at Heevan Retreat Gulmarg, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Greetings from Heevan Retreat Gulmarg Kashmir!

Thank you for your time posting feedback through TripAdvisor.

We are most delighted to learn that you were impressed with our services and facilities at our resort .The positive feedback is very much appreciated and we are glad we met your expectations in those areas.

Being in this industry of service , we believed in providing our guests the highest satisfaction , and nothing makes us happier than received a confirmation from you,we shall share your kind compliments with our team.

We look forward to welcome you and to provide the top class service again..

Best regards,

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I travelled with my wife in the month of Decmeber 2013. I booked both the property at Pahalgam and Gulmarg with AHAD group. I contacted Mr. Azharudin who was incharge at the Srinagar office of the AHAD group. He made every effort to make my tour memorable either by going out of the way to arrange for taxis for to and fro to pahalgam/ Gulmarg or any other thing.
Now coming towards the hotel.

It was freezing at Gulmarg (-8/-9 in the night).... The Property is at a stone throw distance from Gondola which is a plus point. The staff at the hotel was very helpful. I would like to mention about Mr. Sajid Bandey who honored my request for the room change as there was lot of noice coming from the adjacent room. He was quite helpful and courties person. He was making all the effort to make every guest confortable. My wife was little unwell but the staff and Sajid gave full support to comfort us. The food was average. They could surely improve on the food taste, nothing wrong with the quality. The hotel also arranged for a guide for our Gondola visit which was really helpful in getting the tickets and our visit to the Gondola. The guide was also very helpful. The rooms were also good.

Would recommend staying the Heeven retreat Gulmarg to all. I would love to stay again on my next visit.

Cheers !!

Room Tip: Choose the corner room next to the staircase for less noise from the adjacent rooms due to wooden wa...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jaspreet09

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your warm words of appreciation and encouragement which were especially delightful in consideration of the review I had to respond to just before this one from another user.

Receiving such compliments especially from a Travel professional like you are is even more rewarding and I will ensure that it will be shared amongst the team.

Feel free getting in touch with me directly for your upcoming travel.

With kind regards

Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

Stayed there for 4 nights during a ski trip. The rooms were clean. But then the troubles started: no hot showers and when a hot drip came out of the pipes, no pressure. Then the food: awful. Kashmiri food is delicious, and I don't know how they managed to get it so wrong, consistently. There was no taste, it was very greasy. One ray of hope: although obviously not trained, the staff was nice and tried to make our stay pleasant.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ivan R
AhadHotels, Corporate Manager at Heevan Retreat Gulmarg, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent visit to our property.

It is with great disappointment that I read you review, which highlighted that you did not enjoy your stay with us because of the hot water on confirming it was revealed that there was technical issue, concerning food with due respect I would like to inform the Kashmari Cuisine is bit higher side in oil. our chefs are always feel happy to make food fas per guest choice even out of the menu, we apologize for the inconvenience caused, it is certainly not our intention to have any of our guests disappointed.

I assure you that such is not the service we are known to provide and nearly 260 positive feedback on this site are testimony to the same.

I do hope that we will have an opportunity to restore your confidence in Heevan Hotels, and once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Best regards