The Vintage Gulmarg
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Hilltop(Gulmarg)
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrecreation roomdeluxe roomsexcellent hotelthe hotel staffwarm hospitalitymemorable staywelcome drinkcentral heatinggolf coursedelicious foodfront officespecial mentionexcellent stayfront facingcourteous staffgondola ridenice property
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We are 4 (2 Adults and 2 Kids) of us who stayed in the Hotel during winter in January 2014. The room and the facilities are good, foods are also suitable for a family of 4 like us.
With thick snow covered the place, we are worry to allow kids to play around. But the friendly hotel staff advise us to play at the front garden of the hotel. Yes, it was truly fun, my kids and us had fun and enjoyed snow at the garden.
The hotel located few km far from Gondola, we are really upset with Tour guide who force us to use Sledge when travel from Hotel to Gondola. Sledge is expensive and uncomfortable, but with help of Vintage staff, we reach Gondola and enjoyed it with safe and cheap way. The hotel staff here are honest and helpful.
This is our first time to Gulmarg, we had planned to check out hotel at early morning. The tour company had ensure us to reach airport on time BUT send us an Old Jeep with Tyre chained. Not even 4 KM from Hotel. At 5am, the jeep stuck in snow, imagine with 2 kids (8 yrs & 4 yrs) and snow slides plus freezing cold. The driver and his assistance tried to fix the breakdown jeep. They took 1.5 hour but still doesn't work. Few other vehicle passed by and go through the same road but we are stuck. We requested the driver to call back the Vintage. The kind and helpful Hotel Manager sent his private driver to send us to Tangmarg with no cost. We are so touched. The Tour company arranged Innova at Tangmarg. When we reach Tangmarg, the innova was also stuck in snow. We can wait no more. We need to catch the flight. My hubby talked to the Hotel manager and he willing to allow his driver to send us direct to the airport with very reasonable price. He didn't take advantage on us at all during the critical time. Which I believe most of the people might did. The 4 wheel drive with snow tyre plus an experience driver able to send us safely and timely to the airport. MILLION THANKS to the manager and driver. Well done to the hotel management for such a wonderful, committed and dedicated staff.
I strongly recommend the Hotel not based on my experience and we will definitely return to this place and the Hotel again.

Room Tip: Helpful staff and Good Hotel
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jaishree_Ben
TheVintageGulmarg, General Manager at The Vintage Gulmarg, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your glowing comments. My team and I are very proud to be bestowed with such a positive and detailed review and thank you for your appreciation of every little detail. We are glad that our staff was able to perform at their highest throughout all facilities and that we were able to ensure a wonderful time at the hotel for you.

I would also like to thank you for praising our staff member for making sure that you arrived at the airport on time to catch your flight.

The team at The Vintage Gulmarg sincerely thank you for sharing your feedback and I certainly look forward to welcome you and family back again in not too distant future.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

We were a family of 5 that stayed in the Vintage during August 2013 (though the review is really late, it had to be written!) and had a terrific experience. We had booked two rooms with breakfast and one meal included. Though the hotel is small and has a disappointing view, the stay is comfortable and enjoyable. The rooms & bathroom are well appointed and clean. The garden area is great to lounge in, though the terrace outside the restaurant remained closed due to flies. The reason that our stay at the Vintage was memorable was mainly due to the hospitality of the staff. The wait staff at the restaurants especially did a great job and looked after us really well. Their warmth and courtesy in a place where tourists can feel haggled was very nice. Would like to mention that the F&B manager Manoj Rawat and the staff Mansoor & Shouket were exceptional in creating a familial atmosphere for us, so much so that they even refused to accept a tip from us! The food at the restaurant was also very good though we found the menu limiting. Would hope they keep more trout on offer the next time we are around!
Keep up the good work guys!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for your great review following your recent visit with us.

All the team here at the Vintage genuinely care about our guests and they will be delighted that they managed to exceed your expectations and make your stay a memorable occasion.

Your support is greatly valued and I hope we can be a home away from home for you whenever you are in Gulmarg.

We all look forward to welcoming you back again and thank you again for your continued support.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

By now, I am sure you have read reviews on Khyber and Highlands Park. Yes, they both are good. Khyber is a typical 4 or 5 star hotel with the perks etc and Highlands Park is an old world favourite (also my Dad's). Vintage on the other hand is fresh, new, some teething troubles but they make up for it by their food and service.
Why did we book it? The other 2 were sold out.
Did we make a good choice? Absolutely yes.
Location: Very good if you want to be in city. It's a little away from Gondola though.
Rooms: We had a Junior Suite and it was a good size room with a separate living area and huge windows overlooking the golf course (which was white when we visited).
All rooms have heaters and once inside you don't feel the need to be layered up all the time.
Breakfast is average: Bread, cereal, basic north indian food and omelettes on order. Nothing to boast about.
Food otherwise is very good: Again, this is comfy food. Indian, Chinese, pasta etc.. All made with an Indian touch.
Service is what made us very happy. Within no time, they arranged a taxi for us. This was when our guy bailed out on us in the last minute. It did cost us more but what the heck. A taxi in Gulmarg is not an easy job.
They have a spa on 4th floor which you have to book in advance for 45 minutes as only couples or people staying together can go at one time. The Spa consists of a jacuzzi, steam and sauna. They don't tell you this before but there's a fee for the same. Approx Rs 800 for 45 minutes.
Overall, a good stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views. There isn't much difference between Suite Room and Junior Suite except the price.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
TheVintageGulmarg, General Manager at The Vintage Gulmarg, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your stay with us.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and I am delighted that our location worked for you. Our priority is to build and deliver a personalized service and I am delighted that our team delivered just that to you.

Thank you for choosing the Vintage Gulmarg and I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon again.

Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

I had the unfortunate experience of staying at this property for three nights in February 2014.

Twice. The curtain rod fell on my head . The second time it was on my eye. Another inch and it would hv caused serious eye damage. This incident was on consecutive days after they had fixed it.

Hot does not even have courtesy to change room. Reception staff is even more clueless.

Hot water comes fret two hours of keeping room heating on.

Highly highly disappointing.

Wouldn't even take a free stay here.

Money better spent staying at highlan Park or Khyber.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Avi_loves_travel
TheVintageGulmarg, General Manager at The Vintage Gulmarg, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear Guest

I am bitterly disappointed to read your recent review and want to start by apologizing for failing to deliver the high standards of service we set for ourselves and clearly failing to meet your expectations. .

I hope you will accept my personal assurance that your experience is not indicative of the high service levels we strive to and do achieve so consistently (as can be attested from the many positive comments we receive) and I can assure you that we will use your feedback to close these gaps in our service as a matter of the utmost priority.

Given your experience I understand and recognize that your perception of us have been marred and I would appreciate the opportunity, if you would be amenable, to restore your faith in us. I would therefore be grateful if you would get in touch with me on gm@thevintage.in so I can not only apologize to you in person but also discuss the possibility of a return visit to the Vintage. I know we can and will meet and exceed your future expectations and just hope you give us the opportunity to do so.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

we had stayed from 14 to 19 feb almost 6 nightes ,it was awsome stay ,from warm welcom to sad farewell each and every thing was it it best ,all the staff are tooo good at there service especially pankaj ,i have never heard no from them ,all room are well to do and suites have a perfect view of golf course ,and we had breakfast and dinner the food was tooo good and above that if we order something else apart from buffet it was served ,full hotel is fitted with gas heaters so not to worry for gulmarg cold ,apart from this i was trying to find some mismanagement but i was not able to find ,only one thing ala card is too costly but value for money as food is delicious,

Room Tip: book suites room too good view
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank mehul d
TheVintageGulmarg, General Manager at The Vintage Gulmarg, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your 5 star review and I am delighted that you had an exceptional time with us.

I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and that our staff really stood out for you especially Pankaj, He was delighted to have assisted you and thank you for recognising him.

I hope that we have the pleasure to welcome you back soon again and thank you again for telling others about your experience.