“Good Value for Money”
Review of Gulmarg Resorts

Gulmarg Resorts
Ranked #14 of 20 Gulmarg B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 14, 2013

The staying arrangements are good and clean and the staff was courteous. Breakfast and Dinner was Aa La Carte and we were served in 10 minutes including the soup that we had ordered. Most importantly - they switch on the Heater at 6pm which was most welcomed. The Food Quality is good and sufficient. We were 9 Pax including 3 Pax which were 72 years and above and hence we had specially ordered Non spicy dishes for them and the food was upto the mark. No room for complaint. Overall good clean rooms and clean toilets. Since they have Boilers in toilets - 24 hours hot water is available which is MUST in Gulmarg.

Room Tip: Choose room facing road, other side rooms face the next hotel with no view at all.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Gulmarg Resorts

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Our travels through Kashmir lead us to the most beautiful place on earth - Gulmarg! If heaven looks like this then I know I will love it there!. I can't say the same about the hotel itself as I can only but describe it as average. Thank heavens we spent most of the day outside in the snow!. I must say the reception staff welcomed us warmly. We were lead to our room whereupon I requested if this was the best room they had and was told that they had given us the best! Well the best was a small room with a king size bed. There was a heater which we battled to get some heat out. The other room consisted of a single bed with a lounger. My daughter ended up in our room as it was so cold. Thank heavens for the electric blanket. The room was clean and at least the bed was comfortable. There was hot water but we had to use it sparingly. The restuarant staff were friendly and we had beautiful views from the restuarant. We booked breakfast and dinner - the food was good. Note that there is no buffet in the hotel, one has to order of the menu. I must say that for breakfast i just ordered some fried potato (aloo) and aloo parathas and it was really delicious. If you just spending a day in Gulmarg than it's ok but if you staying longer than explore your options. The hotel is not maintained and is in need of some serious renovations considering that Gulmarg is a popular destination. .

Room Tip: Please book deluxe room as this is just an average two rooms which we occupied.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MirindaK
Reviewed April 16, 2013

The room suffocates.. heater does not work properly.. hot water problem.. bathroom is unclean.. food is good.. very costly.. good people.. Mr. mudashir was a good human.. chill will kill if heater does not get on on time.. the electric bed sheet is like tawa.. will heat from bottom and let ur top get cold.. the people lied to us that the restaurant will be very crowded if we come late.. but there were hardly people in the hotel.. they called thrice at 8 pm only for dinner.. we went at 9:30 and found no other people having their dinner..

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Balaji_k_bj
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Bad Service, Bad Food and rooms look like some old, shabily maintained hotel though the hotel is merely 3-4 years old.
Learnt from one of the hotel staff that the property is owned by few partners and hence no one takes accountability to maintain. For this reason, the hotel has never undergone any renovation since inception.
The phone in the room might not work, the hot water might not come, the walls of room and the lobby have very old paint & depressing looks with dirty, torn red-carpet on the floor. The TV is old style and the bedsheets not white and pillow untidy.
The room service is pathetic (we ordered tea which never came in the room) and the waiters would still demand tips. In the restaurant also, the service is not upto the mark, looks like some uneducated/untrained people are standing in the waiter dress.
The only solace is the location and the mesmerising snowy beauty of Gulmarg. Choose the adjoining hotel instead - heaven resort - which is 10 times better than gulmarg resort

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank Gaurav G
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Small room with nice location, hot water still a problem for 24hr, overall good stay but breakfast buffet is required. Corridor of the hotel needs refurbishing and dinner still far from wazwan dishes.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Ajay2013
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I had planned my Honeymoon trip to Kashmir from 11th Feb'13 to 16th Feb'13 and I booked this hotel for my stay in Gulmarg for 2days/2nights. Unfortunately my trip to Kashmir got cancelled because of the CURFEW imposed in the city just 2 days prior to the commencement of my trip. Since then I had been discussing with them regarding the refund of my booking amount (which I had made in full amount, months in advance). Some other esteemed hotels of Kashmir valley understood my situation and have refunded the amount. These have cheated me of my money and have not refunded even a single penny. Given the situation being volatile situation in Kashmir Valley, people should think before booking and making advance payments to such inconsiderate, unprofessional, money-minded people, who once after getting the money stop listening to you.
Shubham Agarwal

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ShubhamDaruka
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Hi,
I Am Jigar Ruparel
I visited This Property on 12th March 2013.
Very Nicely Maintained, Clean Rooms, Near To Gondala Cable Car.
Delicious Food with very Homely Staff.
People reading this must think of visiting this place.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple