“Ok for area, but could be better”
Review of ICA

ICA
Ranked #175 of 612 Restaurants in Nanning
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Dinned here at the weekend and had no problems getting seated, service was good, menu plentiful, reasonable selection of beers, but... Food was a little bland for me. I had steak which was more grey than the nice red/brown I would have expected, it was not veal before you ask, and lacked any real flavour.

But the big issue for me was that they don't accept any western credit cards such as Visa, MasterCard or Amex (well who does) A western restaurant, run by a western guy and does not support the customers he's no doubt attracting. When we asked about it, was told by the owner this is a general problem in China. Hmmm, maybe it's an issue with the bank being used because the Marriott and Starbucks a few hundred meters away both take Western credit cards.

1  Thank Carl M

Reviewed February 14, 2013

The restaurant is located in an outside food court. Coming from the main road you will have excess through the Admiral City Mall. We only had a beer there as the restaurant does not offer any vegetarian main dishes which is definitely not common for a Bavarian restaurant (the Paulaner chain offers a variety of nice vegetarian dishes). The beer selection is good although 33 % of the beers were out of stock the time we were there. As a matter of course, this can always happen with import products but the big minus of the restaurant are the prices. Compared to the Oktober Fest in Munich (the most expensive place to have a beer in the most expensive city in Germany) the "Zur Eiche" is still expensive! There are hundreds of German restaurants all over China and this is by far the most overpriced place I have ever seen. Due to this fact I cannot recommend the "Zur Eiche" and will not go there again.

2  Thank Dominik P
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I was surprised by the super friendly welcome and by the good mix and varietynof lunch offerings. Any one will find an appropriate quality selection. A lot of German beers are available as well as one Belgian Abbey beer. Great place to share with friends.

1  Thank Geert G
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I absolutely love this food. I Spent almost the entire week in Nanning and only ate at the German Oak. Their staff are really friendly and speak English quite well. As an ex-patriot sometimes you just need some real food, this food made me feel full for the first time in almost a year. Thank you Peter and Dominik for a wonderful experience.

3  Thank angus s
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Went here last week and had the chicken and my wife hade a chicken and rice dish,
The service is very god and the atmosphere was very good
Very stylish furnishing and good set up
Yes it is a bit expensive but you do do go every day
But for a treat this place is very good, and the beer is very good some very good German beer
Will be going back again with some friends from school one is German so he is looking forward to going
Liked the fact that Dominik the manager came out and enquired how the food was and if we had enjoyed our stay.
So a top rating to the newest restaurant in Nanning, something we have been missing.

2  Thank chean

Been to ICA? Share your experiences!