I enjoyed my stay and recommend this hotel
(1) the hotel is very modern, well-appointed, excellent rooms – well equipped to a reasonable international standard, you should be wanting for nothing.
(2) Staff speak adequate English are friendly, personable, and helpful.
(3) I had a car meet me at the airport (expensive touch 350RMB vs !40 by taxi), but the host meeting me even checked my passport to make sure he had the right person, then chatted to me in the car in very good English.
(4) Breakfast buffet is outstanding, as to be expected dominated by Chinese Breakfast, even the most fastidious traveller should find something to sustain themselves through the day.
(5) Coffee is passable if you get a espresso from the charming young lady in the lobby cafe :-)
Bad: (1) wifi is awful – if you expect to do any kind of international communication on the web or email then expect problems if my experince is typical – many times I was unable to open a web site. How much of this is the hotel or the Great Firewall of China is unclear, but I have been elsewhere in China with much less problem. The hotel needs to find a way of increasing its capacity to the wider world if it wants to attract international visitors dependent on communications.
Finally – PLEASE improve:. I asked reception for a map of Nanning – they gave it to me, yet no one could easily point out the location of the hotel. It seems Smart Phone Map Apps are what they use for directions with no concept of idea of a larger map. Sad reflection on technology dependency.
Location is a bit out of town,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand opening in 2012, the spectacular new Nanning WinWin Hotel is an international 5-star hotel located in the heart of National Economic Development Area, which is only 25 minutes away from the airport, and 10 minutes away from the ASEAN international exhibition centre, providing an easy starting point to travel freely around the Nanning city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Nanning WinWin Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.