“Mesmerizing Nanhu Lake Park, Nanning China”
Review of Nanhu Lake Park

Ranked #4 of 118 things to do in Nanning
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I was in Nanning this January 2013 from 5th - 10th. I am captivated by the city. It is beyond my expectation.
The temperature was between 5-8 degrees C. But, being adequately garbed, it is quite comfortable for me.

Nanning is a very clean city. The main streets and even the side lanes are very clean. The road sweepers do a good job. I saw a road sweeper bending down to pick a litter unreachable with her broom. I take my hat off to her. Well done, Lady !

The Nanningese are also very honest. I bought fruits and drinks from different stalls and shops and the price is the same. Even the cab drivers do not cheat you with exorbitant fares.

With time constraint, I visited only a few places of interest. Among these, is the Nanhu Lake Park. Nestled in the heart of the city, and within walking distance from the city centre, this is worth your time to explore. Strolling along the lake in the park is so refreshing and relaxing.

The Park, though huge, is immaculate. The Lake lives up to its name, dubbed as 'The Garden City '. Nanhu Lake Park has a subtropical landscape. Though I'm from the tropics, I was still captivated by the tropical trees that line the boulevard. As you stroll along, you'll see Beetle Nut trees, Chinese Fan Palm trees and bamboo trees.
There is a Chinese Garden with hundreds of different kinds of herbs, an Orchid Garden and a Bonsai Garden.

In the park, you'll find small groups of senior citizens gathered at suitable places along the lake, singing their hearts out, accompanied by musicians. I stopped to appreciate and applaud their effort. Actually I didn't understand their songs, being illiterate to Mandarin but still the music was melodious to my ears.

Occasionally, you'll also come across small groups of senior citizens again, exercising in the garden. This must be their norm. No wonder most of the Chinese live up to a ripe old age.
They are carefree and know how to destress.

Sounds interesting, ya ? Make a trip to Nanning. You won't be disappointed !

5  Thank Chritine L

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Spending some time in Nanning? Then this area is worth investigating. Love to wander around the various sections. It is a large area, and there are different characters to the different areas. Very popular in Summer, a bit desolate in Winter.

The Park is in the Centre of NAnning and has a very long History and was an essential part of the City in years gone by. Try to find out more about it - and you will discover more of the rich history of this beautiful City.

This is definitely a place to visit if you have plenty of time.

1  Thank OziJohn
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Absolutely wonderful gardens, creatively designed and very well maintained. Lots of variety and nooks and crannys to explore

Reviewed August 3, 2012

its always a pleasure to visit this park with its lake environment. At night and/or early evening and for the more romantic inclined truly recommended.
This place is rather fast but on Chinese holidays a visit is not recommended due to overcrowding.

1  Thank chicoboyBrisbane
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I missed the park on my first trip to Nanning but was so very pleasently surprised when my friends took me there on my 2nd tour>
It really was beautiful, and it is lit at night which enhances the total awesome atmosphere.
It was so clean and so tidy and so inspiring!