“Excellent choice for English-speaking tourists.”

Sheraton Guiyang Hotel
Ranked #3 of 697 Hotels in Guiyang
Reviewed October 27, 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights in October 2011. We booked a room with access to the executive lounge which we made good use of during our stay for the wifi access. It would have been nice to have wifi available in-room, wired internet is available but like many other tablet-owners, I don't travel with a laptop anymore. The hotel is beautiful and the staff were very friendly. Their English-speaking ability ranges from poor to quite fluent. Of course, my Chinese-speaking ability is non-existent. But even the staff who didn't speak English well weren't shy about trying to communicate with us. On our first day we were approached by Mr. Zeng, the food and beverage manager, who introduced himself and made us feel very welcome. Whenever we saw him throughout our stay he made a point of coming over and asking how things were going and if there was anything he could do. He was very friendly and professional and a good part of the reason we enjoyed our stay so much.

Very comfortable room and bed - no issues with noise during our stay except that I'll agree with a previous reviewer - the city is very noisy with horns and sirens going at all hours. We were on a high floor and could still hear them but it didn't disturb our sleep. We ate breakfast in the executive lounge the first day, but they weren't very busy so they didn't have the usual buffet you'd expect and breakfast was ordered from the kitchen and delivered up to the lounge. The other two mornings we ate in the 2nd floor restaurant and had a much better breakfast. We also had a lovely meal in the Tiara restaurant one night.
We hadn't planned to spend more than one night in Guiyang, but had a change in plans while on an organized tour. We used the Sheraton's business centre to book flights to Xi'an and Shenzhen for the rest of our trip. That was accomplished successfully and without much fuss. We spent an enjoyable couple of days wandering around the city which was very interesting. There's a huge park in the northwest of the city (Qianling Park) and a very-well restored Buddhist monastery (Hongfu Temple.) We had a terrific meal at a little restaurant adjacent to the monastery.

All-in-all, we had an excellent experience in the city and I recommend the Sheraton to anyone looking for a little Western-leaning oasis in Guiyang.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Guiahng001, Assistant to GM Executive at Sheraton Guiyang Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2011

Dear Sir/Madam,

It was such a pleasure to have you as our guest during your stay to Guiyang. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.I am glad to learn that you have a comfortable & memorable stay with us and took a try of our Executive floor. Thank you for acknowledging our efforts in creating memorable hotel experiences for our guests. I will share your review to our concern associates.

Reviewed October 17, 2011

Stayed at this hotel for three nights this October 2011. Beautiful hotel, impressive lobby and good rooms. Staff was friendly and service-oriented, most of them speak English good enough, and even those who do not, they do try and try to help (which I really appreciate..!).

Breakfast is what you can expect from the Sheraton, and dinner at the Tiara restaurant was pretty good as well. Skylounge offers a nice view. Location of the hotel is very good.

Nonetheless for me, when doing business, it is crucial that I sleep well in a hotel, which I did not - for me potentially a reason not to return. My room was on the 23rd floor but still there was the endless beeping of carhorns, including during the night. Also, every sound from the hallway and neighbouring rooms, can be heard - and there seemed to be a continuous stream of people going in and out of their room, while having loud conversations, all night.

Admittedly factors outside of the hotel's control, except perhaps for better sound isolation.

Finally, two minor points:
- My room was not made up one day, but that's just a minor slip...
- Internet in the room was RMB100 for 24 hours. Frankly I am always a little bit annoyed having to pay extra for Internet when in an upscale hotel: One would expect it to be part of the standard service.

All in all a good hotel, depending on how one values a good night sleep...

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Guiahng001, Assistant to GM at Sheraton Guiyang Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2011

Dear Guest,
Greetings from Sheraton Guiyang Hotel
Thank you sharing refreshing perspectives of your recent stay at the sheraton Guiyang Hotel. I have shared your experience with management team,we would like to apologize for your uncomfortable experience during your stay. We are terribly sorry to make an inconvenience for your stay.
However, we trust that this negative experience will not deter your from future visits to Sheraton Guiyang Hotel.
Necessary action will be taken so that the incidents incurred by your good self never repeat at Sheraton Guiyang Hotel.
Your feedback clearly demonstrates your Care, on behalf of the entire Team, I Thank you immensely for it.
We love to hear our esteemed Guests’ suggestions on how we can continually improve. Hearing our Guests also enables us to better anticipate their needs for future stays.
I am seek for you to contact with us directly,and thank you for giving us the opportunity to reconnect with you.
We thank you for your valuable time and look forward to welcoming you back to Sheraton Guiyang Hotel in due course.

Reviewed October 6, 2011

Stayed at the Sheraton Guiyang last week. Beautiful property with large, nicely appointed rooms, great downtown location. However, there are some problems related to staff training who are not very service-oriented thus depriving this hotel of a real international standard. Their English skills, though far better than my Chinese, are still lacking. Breakfast consists mostly of Chinese foods, including chiken feet. I saw an ad in the elevator for a "healthy set menu" served at Tiara, the restaurant on the 38th floor. Thought it'd be a good break from eating Chinese so I ordered it. The waiter had never heard of it and said that menu never existed. Then I ordered something from the a la carte menu. Five minutes later, I was informed they were out of it. Ordered something else, 5 minutes later I was informed they were also out of it. Decided to go eat somewhere else. Informed the front desk about who was clueless about what I was saying. Saturday night there was a wedding in the hotel and the room next door to mine was the "headquarters". I barely slept that night because the loud guests were yelling, laughing, running in the hallways, talking on their cells in front of my door, etc, as though they were the only ones in the whole hotel. I called the front desk several times throughout the night and even spoke with the manager on duty; all they did was to tell the guests to be quiet which they never were. That whole ordeal lasted from 10 pm to 6:30 am. They never offered me another room until the next day when I demanded it after learning that the night before was just a "warm-up' party since Chinese wedding celebrations are supposed to last 3 days. So beware if you see a wedding in your Chinese hotel - make sure you're not close to it otherwise you won't sleep. Although I understand it is part of their culture, the hotel must reserve rooms for that purpose that are away from international guests. After all, we're paying handsomely for a good night of sleep and deserve to get it.

Room Tip: Ask if theer will be a Chinese wedding in the hotel and tell the fornt desk to put you away from it...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank PatoColumbus
Guiahng001, Assistant to GM at Sheraton Guiyang Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2011

Dear Mr. Da, Fonseca Marcio
Greetings from Sheraton Guiyang Hote.Thank you sharing refreshing perspectives of your recent stay at the sheraton Guiyang Hotel. I have shared your experience with management team,we would like to apologize for your uncomfortable experience during your stay. Lacking English skill, unclear menu knowledge and noise from wedding room bring troubles to you. We are terribly sorry to make an inconvenience for your stay.
We have investigated each step and every aspect of your experience and regret sincerely that you did not "experience" Sheraton Guiyang Hotel‘s True Hospitality.For chicken feet which is Cantonese famous dim sum food, usually we serve on buffet is because the Chinese guests like to have it , After deeply check on that day (October 1st), yes, we did sell out the menu due to that night we had many guest. Besides our preparation for menu is not enough, after that, we did monitor the menu preparations to ensure not happen in the future, thanks to our guests who pointed it out.
Necessary steps, including extra training, will be taken so that the incidents incurred by your good self never repeat at Sheraton Guiyang Hotel.
Once again, our sincere apologies.

Reviewed September 16, 2011

I have stayed in many Sheraton Hotel's in China and the quality of the room and service is outstanding. The rooms are large, modern and very livable. The breakfast buffet is always a treat for an American needing his fix of eggs, bacon, toast, pastries, etc.
Check-in and check-out was very fast and I look forward to staying there again.

My only complaint is the room service. I ordered a burger and fries and asked for yellow mustard, mayonnaise, and catsup.... They really don't have a clue what these condiments are other than the catsup. The catsup arrived in a small dish not large enough for very much catsup... Also asked for salt and pepper.... Also arrived in small dish and you had to use your fingers to place salt and pepper on the dish.....please send salt and pepper shakers to the room with room service....
But overall the Sheraton in Guiyang is an excellent place to stay!!!!!!
Jerry F.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Guiahng001, Assistant to GM Executive at Sheraton Guiyang Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2011

Dear Sir,

It was such a pleasure to have you as our guest during your recent stay to Guiyang. I am glad to learn that you have a comfortable & memorable stay with us. Thank you for acknowledging our efforts in creating memorable hotel experiences for our guests.
For with room service you mentioned in the comment, thank you for sharing your experience, I have reported this issue to concern department and management, thank you for your advise and we will work for the improvement.

Reviewed August 1, 2011

This hotel was a nice surprise. The rooms were extremely comfortable and quiet. The front desk staff spoke excellent English. The restaurant staff spoke less, but enough, English. The food at both dinner and breakfast was very good.
We'd look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: We asked for quiet rooms, and got them.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Guiahng001, Assistant to GM at Sheraton Guiyang Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2011

Dear Sir/Madam,

It was such a pleasure to have you as our guest during your recent stay to Guiyang. I am thrilled to learn that you have a comfortable & memorable stay with us. Thank you for acknowledging our efforts in creating memorable hotel experiences for our guests.

Reviewed March 13, 2011

I was in Guiyang on business and spent 5 nights at the Guiyang Sheraton. It was an awesome experience. The room was luxurious, sheets were crisp and everything was spotless clean. The bathroom was super and had a terrific shower. My room had a nice view over the river and the beautiful Budhist temple. One morning there were fireworks at 6:00 a.m. just across the river! As nice as this hotel is, the best feature the staff - they were so friendly and helpful. I had an "executive room" that included free internet and access to the Executive lounge that included breakfast, afternoon appetizers and sandwiches, free drinks (juice, pop, beer, wine, liquor, tea, coffee/espresso), and desserts. Wireless internet was also available in the lounge. I had breakfast in the Executive lounge every morning, which was convenient, fast, and also had excellent service. There was also a large buffet breakfast on the 2nd floor., which I understand had a larger selection. I found the selection in the Exec. Lounge more than adequte - fruit, pastries, dim sum, eggs cooked to order, ham, bacon, sausage, porridge, congee, fresh squeezed juices and more! The hotel is in the middle of everything! We walked to the Happy House Karaoke and had an absolute blast singing karaoke with our chinese collegues! I can't imagine that there is a better place to stay in Guiyang.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2010

Our one week stay at the Sheraton Guiyang was a most positive experience in every way. The deluxe accomodation was enhanced further by the attentive, caring staff. From the concierge to the guest services personnel, to the dining room and executive lounge staff and the folks in the business centre there was consistent personal interest in meeting our needs. We have visited most of the major cities of China and we extend many thanks to the staff at Sheraton Guiyang for making our visit to Guizhou Province a most delightful and lasting memory. You made your city and province a place of welcome. Wendy and Craig Davis.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple