“New hotel, good experience there.”

Hotel Novotel Guiyang Downtown
Ranked #10 of 647 Hotels in Guiyang
Melbourne, Australia
“New hotel, good experience there.”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I`ve been in Novotel hotels in Beijing, and this one is much better and different.Especially their rooms. I stayed a city view room which has nice view form French window. Room is big and I spent 5 nights there . Furnitures are new, design is special. I like the couch, fits the room prefectly and it`s comfortable. I wonder if I can buy the same one, and of course, their kind staff gave me support, I guess I will have my new couch soon, isn`t it great? I wish my idea will be helpful to the other. It is a good choice to stay in Novotel Hotel in Guiyang.

Room Tip: choose city view room, you will love it
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Guangzhou, China
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I stayed in Guiyang for a couple of days; I ususally choose Novotel hotels for its international good value for money standards. This hotel opened quite recently; the facilities are modern.
Breakfast was included and I really enjoyed it. There is a wide range of dishes, western or chinese, an egg cooking station that work well and if you request anything particular, you'll get it as some of the staff are speaking good english which is rather important; you don't really expect that level of professionalism in a city such as Guiyang.
Staff was really helpful from check in to checkout.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank LazareChina
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Very nice hotel with great service especially the complimentary highspeed Wifi.I travelled in Guiyang for business in May, when I arrived at Novotel Guiyang Downtown I need reply a urgent email,the high speed Wifi helped a lot.The Wifi was available in all public area and in my room.Very convenient for me to use the mobile finding anything information from Internet.Also the location was great!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank AppleHelen
Guangzhou
Reviewed June 2, 2012

i liked to sit in the patioout of the hotel, have some coffee and chat with friends. the staff are very friendly. love their smile. i lived in the room called city view on 16F and it's very nice. clean, big, with windows down to floor. and the desserts are cute! great experience!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Nancy J
Guiyang, China
Reviewed June 1, 2012

This is the best hotel in term of personnel I have stayed in this city so far. Their kindness and helpfulness is the best feature I have found in all my stays. For every inquiry I had, they always took the time to understand what I exactly wanted even though communication was challenging sometimes since I do not speak Chinese. And that kind of effort is not taken in every hotel of guiyang. (Trust me, I have had problems before with the Sheraton and the Kapinsky.) Some of their front office personnel speak good English and take their job very seriously. If you ever stay there and have a problem, go to the front desk and they will try to always find a way to help you.

Room Tip: Ask for a non smoking room. They are newly refursbished.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Christian T
Chengdu, China
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I have to say it`s one of the greatest hotels I`ve ever stayed. Great food with many options, comfortable bed etc.Traffic around doesn`t excite me, however, I enjoyed chatting with the staff while I was waiting for the taxi.

Room Tip: It`s great to enjoy sunshine in the bar outside
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Yeahooooo
Shanghai
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I stayed there for 2 nights in a standard room. Location is ok with shops and eating near by, not too far from the airport (30 rmb one way), plenty of TV stations on the cable and the service was ok too. My only issue was the room was pretty plain, the shower leaked out all the time so the bathroom floor was always wet, no place to hang your wet towels and the nice view from the 22nd floor was ruined by the filthy windows. Seems the room was never really cleaned after the construction as white dust was still on the door, closet, etc. I didn't have breakfast so can't comment on the food.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo