“It is awesome~”

Kempinski Hotel Guiyang
Ranked #4 of 644 Hotels in Guiyang
“It is awesome~”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Cleaning tidy, good servant, and delicious food. Coffee there are tasty. Conveniant traffic, several shopping malls around it. The room is great, and I could saw the night view Guiyang when I stood before my window,that is fansinating and sweety..all things are awesome:3

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Lillian57

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Beijing, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

First time to Guiyang,have a try in Kempinski.I have to say that it was an unforgetable experience during my stay. I love the site outside the window and people in hotel are very friendly. Can't wait to stay here again..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Billy C
Libo County, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

In fact, this hotel must be one of the best in China. I stayed here with my fiance for one night due to a last minute change in our vacation plans. I go to Guiyang fairly often on business and have stayed at some Chinese hotels there and at the Sheraton, but had previously only ever gone to Kempinski for their coffee and paninis.

When the manager, Olivia, found out we had just gotten engaged, she upgraded us to a gorgeous executive-level room and had a cake and a bottle of champagne sent up! She even included a hand-written card congratulating us. We felt so welcomed by her and all of the hotel staff. Our room (and especially the bathroom) were exquisite. There is no doubt that I will make Kempinski my go-to hotel in Guiyang from now on, and my great experience there has made me want to stay at other Kempinskis worldwide as well.

Room Tip: If you can stay on the executive floors, the executive lounge offers an awesome happy hour with grea...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kaci524
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

I recently visited Guiyang for 2.5 days as part of a business trip involving 3 Chinese cities. Although the Hotel has a few sections to complete , the rooms, restaurants, Business Centre and lounges are all of the highest standard. The service provided by staff in all areas (especially Reception) is extremely friendly, helpful and effective. The location is excellent having easy access to the airport (less than 30 minutes), key shopping centres and areas of interest. Guiyang is a 3 tier city not often visited by non Chinese, however, it has a wonderful environment, considerable wealth generated by the mining industry and the excellent Kempinski Hotel where you can relax in 5 Star comfort and service.

Room Tip: Just ask for your preference. I prefer non smoking and close to the lift - and try to avoid being pl...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank 602Tony
Shenzhen, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel as part of my birthday celebration with family and some friends in October.

This is the tallest building in Guiyang and we stayed on the 52nd floor in a suite,
The décor is very European and so different to other hotels I have visited in china

We came to Guiyang to visit Huangguoshu Waterfall; it’s a couple of hour drive from Guiyang. After a long day coming back to the hotel, the Suite we booked was so inviting. The bed is extremely big & very comfortable, the bathroom was stunning.
“I just love the design of the bath”

We heard a lot about Elements Restaurant on weibo. So my friends decided it, to hold my Birthday celebration there. It is on the second floor of the hotel. Its lucky my friend’s book the table, as the restaurant was very full. The food was outstanding, a huge selection available, no wonder this restaurant is popular in Guiyang. The service staff really was extremely helpful.

I certainly recommend that you try the desert selection; you can certainly gain some weight if you eat too much. “Really the best night”

I also must add that the night view from the hotel was incredible, the lights across the city are very colorful. If you book this hotel asked to stay as high in the building as you can and can certainly recommend the suite as it has a mahjong table in it.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Panorama Suite on the 52nd Floor it even has a Mahjong table.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed at the Kempinski in Guiyang for just one night in August as part of a 5 week tour in China.

The hotel is absolute luxury but still retains a friendly atmosphere. The staff were friendly and efficient, a great mix.

Our room was delightful, a great comfortable bed, super huge bathroom and an amazing view over the city. The air conditioning was not noisy, in fact nothing was noisy at night at all.

The hotel position is ideal, you really cannot get lost as it is the tallest building in the area (great when you are only staying for one night like we were).

The staff were pleasant, polite and friendly, I was happy to try out my limited Mandaring, it was much appreciated.

Buffet breakfast was super, everything and more that anyone could possible want.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on one of the higher floors, the views are spectacular.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple