We stayed at the lodge for a single night, on our Ngorongoro-Serengeti safari. The lodge is literally perched on the rim of the Ngorongoro crater and provides breath-taking views of this natural wonder. The rooms are ok. Don’t expect any big city hotel luxuries though. No room service. Don't really need it anyway. No air-conditioning, this is ok, as during the day you'll most likely be out and about and the temperature drops at night, so its not uncomfortably hot. No TV in the rooms. There is one big screen TV in the lounge. If it really bothers you that there is no TV in the rooms then you need to revaluate the whole point of an African safari. I did think it was a big classless to find, some hotel staff gathered around the TV lounge when we passed by on our way to dinner. If you need to iron any clothes, you must call housekeeping and they will do it for you. The dinner and breakfast we had provided a decent buffet selection. Overall a decent experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ngorongoro Wildlife Lodge is dramatically perched on the rim of Africa’s Eden, affording unbelievable views plunging down over the crater floor, 7,500 feet above the sea level. The Lodge is elegantly built mainly from natural stone and local wood and timber, harmoniously merging with its natural surroundings, and it is provided with panoramic windows that encompass superb views of the crater’s great bowl. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Jovago.com so you can book your Ngorongoro Wildlife Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ngorongoro Wildlife Hotel Ngorongoro Conservation Area
- Ngorongoro Wildlife Conservation Area