This was my husband and my least favourite of the 4 accommodations we stayed at during our 8 days of safari through Tarangire, Lake Manyara, Serengeti and Ngorongoro. Firstly, the whole lodge was very very very cold. We had to wear a fleece or jacket everywhere in the lodge including our hotel room, and so were all the other guests and staff. Secondly, the decor was outdated and needs to be modernised. Lastly, food was so-so.. very "commercial" with soggy vegetables, cold desserts (bread pudding etc were cold too). Staff were not friendly as well. It's main redeeming factor was the amazing view we had of the crater.
I guess if we have not had the opportunity to stay in other tented camps and lodges earlier in our trip, we might have found this place acceptable. But having experienced other accommodation that were far smaller but so much more personalised with better service standards, this place was a real disappointment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ngorongoro Wildlife Lodge is dramatically perched on the rim of Africa’s Eden, affording unbelievable views plunging down over the crater floor, 7,500 feet above the sea level. The Lodge is elegantly built mainly from natural stone and local wood and timber, harmoniously merging with its natural surroundings, and it is provided with panoramic windows that encompass superb views of the crater’s great bowl. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jovago.com and Agoda so you can book your Ngorongoro Wildlife Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ngorongoro Wildlife Hotel Ngorongoro Conservation Area
- Ngorongoro Wildlife Conservation Area