Ngorongoro Wildlife Lodge
Green Hills Lodge(Karatu)(Great Value!)
$79
Crater Rim View(Karatu)(Great Value!)
$71
  • Pool
$59
$97
Priceline
$102
andBeyond Ngorongoro Crater Lodge(Ngorongoro Conservation Area)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Lake Manyara Wildlife Lodge(Lake Manyara National Park)
Jambo Rooms(Karatu)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshot waterviewing deckfantastic viewsbuffet styleenjoy the viewrestaurant staffsafari packagelounge areacrater viewbreakfast and dinnerearly morningpublic areaslodgerimelectricityngorongorotelescope
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Generally I don't have complains about this lodge. The observing corridor is great and I took many nice photos there. Food is good and there were performance in the dinner time. The lodge was packed when I was there and the waiter were too busy to forget my drinks twice, anyway it's acceptable.

If I go back and stop by Ngorongoro, I will definitely stay there again.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Stayed for a night during over group trip in Sep 2012....if we leave aside the location, there is not much to be boast of this property. Chaotic check in, far away n scary rooms, electricity problem, poor service. Restaurant was good especially their open area facing crater. Food was ok. Have not checked more lodges in the area but if given a better option, would definitely want to skip check-in. USP of the lodge is that it is strategically located on the rim of the crater which allows you to have a great view of the landscape. SKIP if u have a better OPTION!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Overall, I was quite satisfied with this lodge. The service was very good. We stayed here one night after a safari drive in the crater and again on our final night in Tanzania. During our first stay, my friend left a shirt behind in the closet. When we returned, the staff went out of there way to locate the shirt for him (this was 3 days later). The food was good but not excellent. I felt the menu catered most to the tourists traditional diets when I found the more traditional Tanzanian cuisine to be better food overall. The rooms were clean and sufficient. The number one reason to stay at this lodge is hands down the AMAZING views into the crater.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

The only point of this Lodge is the view inside the crater. The service is ok, the food good enough, the rooms are small, and not upgrade since years. Missing spare sockets, toilets are old fashion but clean enought. decoration is "weird" for say something polite...
If you can just go for having a beer in the terrace you will save a lot of money, and enjoy the unique advantage of this resort.

Room Tip: As far as I know all the rooms have the crater views.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Arrived at this lodge about 1900 after a full day in the crater, too late to see the view. Reception was a crowded and a little chaotic so took a while to get room keys. Arrived in room which was a little on the small and crowded side, the room was a little run down and the shower did not work well. Beds were hard and not very comfortable and the room was totally dark in the night with no electricity which was dangerous. The restaurant was buffet style and noisy, food was OK but not a huge choice for the evening meal or breakfast. Unfortunatly the weather was cloudy in the morning and drizzly, we left at 0800 so didnt see the view of the crater. Had I seen the grounds and the views I may have had a more favourable impression, without that I would rate the lodge as average which may be unfair.