All reviews outdoor shower the cottages elephant cave bush babies coffee plantation cow milking bread making ngorongoro crater vegetable garden local choir coffee beans gift shop soaking tub two nights sitting area the main house fruits and vegetables
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Everything was superb. Food, rooms, atmosphere, service, fresh air, nature. Everything.

Go! And stay there for more than just an overnight during safari. You will get energy from the time you step over the threshold.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed September 3, 2011

A lovely first stop on our recent tour of Tanzania. We were immediatly made to feel incredibly welcome; and the accomodation, food and service were all excellent. It was a great base for our magnificant safari tours of Ngorongoro and Lake Manyara.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We enjoyed our stay at Gibb's Farm, but had one or two reservations.
There is no menu for the evening meal, one just eats what is being served. I don't really have a problem with this but the menu is designed for adults and not for children. Meal times became fraught because the children often found the food too fancy or 'grown-up'. Now I don't feed my children chicken nuggets and pizza etc and I wouldn't expect the hotel too, but some simpler more child friendly items would have been appreciated. The children were often left the table hungry or we gave them our portions of whatever they would eat.
Accomodation
We felt we had been banished to Kullander House. It is away from the main buildings and very much in the working farm part of the estate. Rests in the afternoon were disturbed by tractors racing up and down the small hill to the yard. We had to negotiate our way through a lot of droppings to get to Kullander House (interesting in the dark) and felt that if the hotel want to keep guests in Kullander House they should clean the path - it wasn't cleaned the 4 day we were there and of course the children all stepped in stuff.

Otherwise the hotel is lovely and an oasis of charm and calm.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Ger0nimo123
Reviewed August 22, 2011

My husband and I only stopped by Gibb's Farm for lunch and a garden tour. It was one of the highlights of our trip. The food was definitely the best we had and the gardens are incredible - 7 acres of vegetables, all organically gardened for the houseguests. If I were to visit this area of Tanzania again, I would definitely book a stay on the farm.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Gibbs farm for 4 nights. Gibbs lies perfectly between the Ngorongoro Crater and Lake Manyara, the 2 main destinations we wanted to see. This was a celebration for our anniversary and my birthday.
Not only does Gibbs have the most beautiful land we have ever seen, the cottages are comfortable and luxurious, and the food is superb. The farm activities are a blast-we even helped the 'mama's' pick vegetables for the evening supper-we would highly recommend that activity!
The staff at Gibbs is the best we have ever encountered-friendly, proper, but really helps you understand the Tanzanian people.
All we can say is you would be a fool to not stay here. We are very picky travelers and we could not find anything wrong. We hope to visit again as soon as possible.
Thank you to Gibbs for creating a perfect memory for us!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple