All reviews outdoor shower the cottages elephant cave bush babies coffee plantation cow milking bread making ngorongoro crater vegetable garden local choir coffee beans gift shop soaking tub two nights sitting area the main house fruits and vegetables
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We enjoyed our stay at Gibb's Farm, but had one or two reservations.
There is no menu for the evening meal, one just eats what is being served. I don't really have a problem with this but the menu is designed for adults and not for children. Meal times became fraught because the children often found the food too fancy or 'grown-up'. Now I don't feed my children chicken nuggets and pizza etc and I wouldn't expect the hotel too, but some simpler more child friendly items would have been appreciated. The children were often left the table hungry or we gave them our portions of whatever they would eat.
Accomodation
We felt we had been banished to Kullander House. It is away from the main buildings and very much in the working farm part of the estate. Rests in the afternoon were disturbed by tractors racing up and down the small hill to the yard. We had to negotiate our way through a lot of droppings to get to Kullander House (interesting in the dark) and felt that if the hotel want to keep guests in Kullander House they should clean the path - it wasn't cleaned the 4 day we were there and of course the children all stepped in stuff.

Otherwise the hotel is lovely and an oasis of charm and calm.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Ger0nimo123
Reviewed August 22, 2011

My husband and I only stopped by Gibb's Farm for lunch and a garden tour. It was one of the highlights of our trip. The food was definitely the best we had and the gardens are incredible - 7 acres of vegetables, all organically gardened for the houseguests. If I were to visit this area of Tanzania again, I would definitely book a stay on the farm.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Gibbs farm for 4 nights. Gibbs lies perfectly between the Ngorongoro Crater and Lake Manyara, the 2 main destinations we wanted to see. This was a celebration for our anniversary and my birthday.
Not only does Gibbs have the most beautiful land we have ever seen, the cottages are comfortable and luxurious, and the food is superb. The farm activities are a blast-we even helped the 'mama's' pick vegetables for the evening supper-we would highly recommend that activity!
The staff at Gibbs is the best we have ever encountered-friendly, proper, but really helps you understand the Tanzanian people.
All we can say is you would be a fool to not stay here. We are very picky travelers and we could not find anything wrong. We hope to visit again as soon as possible.
Thank you to Gibbs for creating a perfect memory for us!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Gorgeous flower gardens, birds, organic vegetable garden, huge comfortable cottages with fireplace and outdoor shower in our private garden!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2011

We stayed at Gibbs Farm for 2 nights on our honeymoon. Initially, I was skeptical as we had just come from modern paradise at the Banyan Tree in the Seychelles. After a few hours there, my worries subsided. We had the most beautiful view from the main dining area; it looked like Napa. The service was exceptional! Really the best we had on the whole honeymoon. The food was very good and the people were so kind. There were tons of activities and lots to do there. My only complaint was it was a bit of haul from the crater. 25-30 minutes to the entrance but then another 40 minutes or so from the main gate to the crater. All in all, it took about an hour and half to get to heart of the crater. Other than that, wonderful place!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple