Ngorongoro Wildcamp(Ngorongoro Conservation Area)
$709
$434
  • Breakfast included
Ngorongoro Forest Tented Lodge(Ngorongoro Conservation Area)(Great Value!)
$229
$222
  • Breakfast included
Neptune Ngorongoro Luxury Lodge(Ngorongoro Conservation Area)
$886
$794
Agoda.com
Ngorongoro Oldeani Mountain Lodge(Ngorongoro Conservation Area)(Great Value!)
$458
$406
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Crater Forest Tented Camp(Ngorongoro Conservation Area)
$237
$212
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Lake Ndutu Luxury Tented Lodge(Ngorongoro Conservation Area)
$500
Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge(Ngorongoro Conservation Area)
$687
$584
  • Breakfast included
The Manor at Ngorongoro(Ngorongoro Conservation Area)
$1,227
Ngorongoro Serena Safari Lodge(Ngorongoro Conservation Area)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
  • Spa
All reviewsoutdoor showerthe cottageselephant cavebush babiescoffee plantationcow milkingbread makingngorongoro cratervegetable gardenlocal choircoffee beanssoaking tubgift shoptwo nightsliving areathe main housefruits and vegetables
Reviewed August 20, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Gibbs farm for 4 nights. Gibbs lies perfectly between the Ngorongoro Crater and Lake Manyara, the 2 main destinations we wanted to see. This was a celebration for our anniversary and my birthday.
Not only does Gibbs have the most beautiful land we have ever seen, the cottages are comfortable and luxurious, and the food is superb. The farm activities are a blast-we even helped the 'mama's' pick vegetables for the evening supper-we would highly recommend that activity!
The staff at Gibbs is the best we have ever encountered-friendly, proper, but really helps you understand the Tanzanian people.
All we can say is you would be a fool to not stay here. We are very picky travelers and we could not find anything wrong. We hope to visit again as soon as possible.
Thank you to Gibbs for creating a perfect memory for us!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Gorgeous flower gardens, birds, organic vegetable garden, huge comfortable cottages with fireplace and outdoor shower in our private garden!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2011

We stayed at Gibbs Farm for 2 nights on our honeymoon. Initially, I was skeptical as we had just come from modern paradise at the Banyan Tree in the Seychelles. After a few hours there, my worries subsided. We had the most beautiful view from the main dining area; it looked like Napa. The service was exceptional! Really the best we had on the whole honeymoon. The food was very good and the people were so kind. There were tons of activities and lots to do there. My only complaint was it was a bit of haul from the crater. 25-30 minutes to the entrance but then another 40 minutes or so from the main gate to the crater. All in all, it took about an hour and half to get to heart of the crater. Other than that, wonderful place!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nancy R
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Spent two nights and we were very, very happy. Most hospitable staff of the trip and that was a high bar to beat. Our 15 year old had a 24 hour bug, so this was a great place for him to sleep and recover. The staff was very attentive and waived charges for room service. Probably close to 40 guests there during our stay, but we were called by our names. On night two, when the in-room fire place smoked up the room, the staff graciously moved us to another room for the six hours before our departure. Thanks to them, we still got a good night's sleep. We stayed in the two bedroom library which was the most remote room on the property. It had not been renovated (looked like some of the rooms had already gotten upgraded), and it was a long walk to the main house. We were advised to leave all windows closed due to mosquitoes, yet I wondered if we could have left them open had screens been in place? If i had it to do over, i would have decided to take two separate rooms next to the main house. My wife/daughter did the Tloma walk and visited a school. You should expect to provide a donation to the school if you visit (and, you will see why they need money), and then daughter and I did the walk to the elephant caves. Both enjoyable with your Gibbs Farm employee leading the way. My only negative was the lobby area hosted an art show on night two. I didn't want to hear, learn or buy anything, and I felt a little pressure to go along. However, when I stated "thanks, but I am not interested, as i am simply hear to chill", I didn't feel any other push to join in. Most guests are American, and the owners are now a Boston company with multiple travel interestesin Africa. Loved it totally!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2011

We spent two nights at Gibbs Farm while visiting the Ngorongoro Crater. It was beautifully lush and tropical. We had the "Grass" suite, large and private...with terrace, sitting area, fireplace, indoor and outdoor showers, and two queen beds. The food was very good...and service was excellent. Although our friends heard the sounds of avocados (maybe bush babies?) hitting the roof above their room, we did not. Visit Charles Bies shop down the road. He is a Maconde woodcarver who will explain his work and give a demonstration. Lots to do at the farm itself, but we were kept busy with our guides. Not sure of the value because it was included in the overall price of our safari.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends