Ngorongoro Wildcamp(Ngorongoro Conservation Area)
$709
$434
  • Breakfast included
Ngorongoro Forest Tented Lodge(Ngorongoro Conservation Area)(Great Value!)
$229
$222
  • Breakfast included
Pakulala Safari Camp(Ngorongoro Conservation Area)
$659
$644
  • Restaurant
Lake Ndutu Luxury Tented Lodge(Ngorongoro Conservation Area)
$500
Neptune Ngorongoro Luxury Lodge(Ngorongoro Conservation Area)
$886
$788
Priceline
Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge(Ngorongoro Conservation Area)
$687
$584
  • Breakfast included
The Manor at Ngorongoro(Ngorongoro Conservation Area)
$1,227
Ngorongoro Oldeani Mountain Lodge(Ngorongoro Conservation Area)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Ngorongoro Serena Safari Lodge(Ngorongoro Conservation Area)
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
  • Spa
All reviewsoutdoor showerthe cottageselephant cavebush babiescoffee plantationcow milkingbread makingngorongoro cratervegetable gardenlocal choircoffee beanssoaking tubgift shoptwo nightsliving areathe main housefruits and vegetables
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Spent two nights and we were very, very happy. Most hospitable staff of the trip and that was a high bar to beat. Our 15 year old had a 24 hour bug, so this was a great place for him to sleep and recover. The staff was very attentive and waived charges for room service. Probably close to 40 guests there during our stay, but we were called by our names. On night two, when the in-room fire place smoked up the room, the staff graciously moved us to another room for the six hours before our departure. Thanks to them, we still got a good night's sleep. We stayed in the two bedroom library which was the most remote room on the property. It had not been renovated (looked like some of the rooms had already gotten upgraded), and it was a long walk to the main house. We were advised to leave all windows closed due to mosquitoes, yet I wondered if we could have left them open had screens been in place? If i had it to do over, i would have decided to take two separate rooms next to the main house. My wife/daughter did the Tloma walk and visited a school. You should expect to provide a donation to the school if you visit (and, you will see why they need money), and then daughter and I did the walk to the elephant caves. Both enjoyable with your Gibbs Farm employee leading the way. My only negative was the lobby area hosted an art show on night two. I didn't want to hear, learn or buy anything, and I felt a little pressure to go along. However, when I stated "thanks, but I am not interested, as i am simply hear to chill", I didn't feel any other push to join in. Most guests are American, and the owners are now a Boston company with multiple travel interestesin Africa. Loved it totally!

Reviewed August 5, 2011

We spent two nights at Gibbs Farm while visiting the Ngorongoro Crater. It was beautifully lush and tropical. We had the "Grass" suite, large and private...with terrace, sitting area, fireplace, indoor and outdoor showers, and two queen beds. The food was very good...and service was excellent. Although our friends heard the sounds of avocados (maybe bush babies?) hitting the roof above their room, we did not. Visit Charles Bies shop down the road. He is a Maconde woodcarver who will explain his work and give a demonstration. Lots to do at the farm itself, but we were kept busy with our guides. Not sure of the value because it was included in the overall price of our safari.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I spent 2 nights at Gibb's Farm at the end of a Serengeti Safari. I was fatigued, dusty-dirty and tired of the food at the moble camp I had stayed at in the park. Gibb's Farm was the answer to my prayers. My cottage, Ngorongoro, was so charmingly decorated, peaceful and comfortable I couldn't believe it. Our dinner was excellent and the service terrific. I would love to have a small cabin just like the one I stayed in at Gibb's Farm. The lush gardens and surrounding valley only heighten the romance and beauty of the location. A most unique and beautiful hotel.

Reviewed July 27, 2011

Gibb's Farm is an excellent place to stay for one / two nights in the area. It is on a stuning coffee plantation which also grows much of the vegetables and fruit for your food at lunch / dinner. It is worth getting a tour of the vegetable gardens and plantation - when we had our tour a large bull elephant came to the fence adjoining the site to the local wild forest, the largest elephant we saw during our trip which was pretty amazing.

The food at lunchtime is excellent - served buffet style, with fresh salads, quiches, other hot choices and good desserts. Our dinner experience was ok - although a little over complicated which seemed to let the kitchen down a ltitle.

Room was great - very comfortable, private and spacious. Showers were awesome and a fire is lit for you in the evening.

There are events laid on for everyone - bushbaby eating times, cow milking, nature talks and others.

Very well done - slightly "American" in its style, hence the large number of Americans staying here.

Recommended.

Reviewed July 20, 2011

We stayed at Gibbs Farm for one night in March 2011. It was a nice, relaxing location. We would recommend it to other travellers.

PROS
- nice rooms, with added touches (e.g. turn down service with cookies...mmm)
- beautiful gardens/flowers/plants
- very friendly and helpful staff
- great food
- internet access
- tours of gardens and coffee plantations on the farm
- option to used the fireplace in your room
- checking out the bush babies at night

CONS
- shower was pretty bad....very little water pressure.
- there didn't seem to be a lot of things to do here beyond the plantation and garden tours. We viewed this a more of a place to spot for the night on the way in or out of the region....although it was nice, not sure we would've wanted to stay more than a night.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple