All reviewsoutdoor showerthe cottageselephant cavebush babiescoffee plantationcow milkingbread makingngorongoro cratervegetable gardenlocal choircoffee beansgift shopsoaking tubsitting areatwo nightsthe main housefruits and vegetables
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I spent 2 nights at Gibb's Farm at the end of a Serengeti Safari. I was fatigued, dusty-dirty and tired of the food at the moble camp I had stayed at in the park. Gibb's Farm was the answer to my prayers. My cottage, Ngorongoro, was so charmingly decorated, peaceful and comfortable I couldn't believe it. Our dinner was excellent and the service terrific. I would love to have a small cabin just like the one I stayed in at Gibb's Farm. The lush gardens and surrounding valley only heighten the romance and beauty of the location. A most unique and beautiful hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Gibb's Farm is an excellent place to stay for one / two nights in the area. It is on a stuning coffee plantation which also grows much of the vegetables and fruit for your food at lunch / dinner. It is worth getting a tour of the vegetable gardens and plantation - when we had our tour a large bull elephant came to the fence adjoining the site to the local wild forest, the largest elephant we saw during our trip which was pretty amazing.

The food at lunchtime is excellent - served buffet style, with fresh salads, quiches, other hot choices and good desserts. Our dinner experience was ok - although a little over complicated which seemed to let the kitchen down a ltitle.

Room was great - very comfortable, private and spacious. Showers were awesome and a fire is lit for you in the evening.

There are events laid on for everyone - bushbaby eating times, cow milking, nature talks and others.

Very well done - slightly "American" in its style, hence the large number of Americans staying here.

Recommended.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2011

We stayed at Gibbs Farm for one night in March 2011. It was a nice, relaxing location. We would recommend it to other travellers.

PROS
- nice rooms, with added touches (e.g. turn down service with cookies...mmm)
- beautiful gardens/flowers/plants
- very friendly and helpful staff
- great food
- internet access
- tours of gardens and coffee plantations on the farm
- option to used the fireplace in your room
- checking out the bush babies at night

CONS
- shower was pretty bad....very little water pressure.
- there didn't seem to be a lot of things to do here beyond the plantation and garden tours. We viewed this a more of a place to spot for the night on the way in or out of the region....although it was nice, not sure we would've wanted to stay more than a night.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2011

First time for me to go solo on a safari, though a research trip, I was a bit nervous, having seen solo tourists so many times before and admiring their bravery wondering if it doesnt get lonely. Well it doesnt, its a great way to meet new people and a different experience to the family or couple vacation. The staff were overall attentive and friendly and genuine. the cottages are lovely, the tembo fireplace a nice place for a sundowner and a relaxed learning experience, where staff share their wisdom, guests get to know each other and i got to know the new lodge mama, lovely lady from NZ. The farm is organic, and staff and artists-in-residence are given great opportunities. It's exactly the kind of food my husband (who's account this is) would LOVE, bio, organic, avocadoes with no end in sight, very green, I enjoyed desert most. Too bad experiences like mine are so expensive, I would visit TZ more often if prices went down... but treat yourself to it if you can!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 28, 2011

My friend and I thought we were upgraded by mistake but, nope.....our room was just that nice. We had spent all day with the bushmen and were really not expecting the farm to be what it was. I could have lived in our cottage. The surrounding area was also really beautiful. The food, could not have been better.....just excellent.

I could go on and on....stay here if you can. Truly wonderful!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends