All reviewsoutdoor showerthe cottageselephant cavebush babiescoffee plantationcow milkingbread makingngorongoro cratervegetable gardenlocal choircoffee beansgift shopsoaking tubtwo nightssitting areathe main housefruits and vegetables
Reviewed April 2, 2011

Loved the atmosphere so relaxing, the food was ridiculously addictive, fresh and healthy. It was an experience i will never forget. I would have stayed for weeks! The staff are friendly. Rooms are big, spacious, clean and safe. Big bathroom. Comfortable beds. Amazing views or the country.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 13, 2011

Having read other reviews on Tripadvisor and seen the awards that Gibbs has won we were expecting great things but sadly our experience did not live up to this.

We had one of the few remaining standard rooms which was fine - clean and comfortable - but nothing special. The level of service was not as high as at other places we stayed. We arrived just before lunch and so as expected our room was not ready. We were asked to wait half an hour but nearly 2 hours later we were still waiting and then had to chase it up.

The food was reasonable, but nothing special and certainly no better than in some of the camps we stayed.

Having said all this, I applaud Gibbs for their farm programme, focus on organic food and involvement in the community. The walk to the elephant cave and waterfall is worthwhile and the guide excellent. Overall though next time we would either stay somewhere cheaper in Karatu or upgrade to the Lemala camp on the crater rim (to reach the crater floor from Gibbs takes approx 2 hours).

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Skyflyer099
Reviewed March 12, 2011

It's been a while actually since I've been to Gibbs Farm (2009). But I just wanted to add to the Gibbs farm love. I love this place. I love the food, I love the gardens, I love the outdoor shower, I love the hike into the park, I love the town of Karatu, I love the staff (esp. Gilbert if he's still there!)

The beds are really hard. And my back did not love that.

But years later and half a world away - I still think about this place. Sigh. If it weren't 22 hours by plane for me, I'd go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2011

We arrived here after 7 days in the Serengeti and it was a perfect reprieve. Neo-colonial decor, lush grounds, fabulous views, great staff. This place was way more luxurious than we had imagined with huge rooms/villas, fireplaces, outdoor showers. Just wonderful

Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2011

Gibb's Farm is a bit of Paradise - the property is sited in the midst of an organic farm - from which much of the food offered at meals derives) overlooking a western facing valley. The grounds are beautifully landscaped, herb gardens, banana plants, coffee plants all used in the designs. The "cottages" are gorgeous - each has a private veranda, outdoor shower, fireplace, soaking tubs, 2 very good king sized beds, sitting area - just lovely . They offer story telling, village visits, massages , garden tours. Each evening several habituated bushbabies come down to be fed bananas in the reception area.

The gift shop is filled with carefully selected high quality items including several very useful
field guides.
Meals are generous, healthful and of good quality. The service is first rate - they even do your laundry

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple