“Stunning start to our Safari adventure”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ngorongoro Conservation Area
andBeyond Ngorongoro Crater Lodge
Adelaide
“Stunning start to our Safari adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

We travelled in October 2013 but have waited until now pen some thoughts about our time with &Beyond; I wanted to see if my opinion would have changed during the months since. No chance of that! In a nutshell it was so disappointing that we had to leave! We wish so much that we could go back tomorrow, even better if we could have stayed forever. What a magical experience we had! I organised this trip for my wife as a special surprise for a mile-stone birthday, coinciding with our wedding anniversary whilst there. &Beyond did not let us down at all. We stayed at both Ngorongoro crater lodge and Bateleur Camp. I could go on forever with all the details, but if you take the time to read many of the favourable TripAdvisor reviews for both these places, you will get the idea. I would only be repeating all the good stuff already said.

The staff at both places is what makes the experience a complete package. Warm, welcoming and genuinely friendly people that will cater to your every need, and then some. We couldn’t ask for more if we had tried. The only negative I have to say is experiencing some other guests treating the staff like a commodity. The wonderful people and colourful characters that you have at these lodges deserve nothing but the highest accolades for having to put up with this kind of behaviour. I take my hat off to you all for being able to brush it off like the dust at the end of a fantastic days’ safari.

Tonya Siebert. What a wonderfully patient, totally awesome person you are. I can’t thank you enough for your assistance in organising our African adventure. I truly hope you will be able to help plan our next adventure in a few years. Yes, we are coming back and have already started saving! Tonya helped me plan this adventure via e-mail almost two years prior to the event. I pestered her with silly questions, and numerous changes to my plans which she took in her stride with utmost professionalism, but also in a way which inferred that she enjoyed the challenge of putting together an experience, not just a holiday. I hope one day to say thank you in person, my wife would also love the chance to say thank you to the person that I was covertly staying up late to correspond with!. I had extensively researched where I wanted to go, and thought I had everything covered, including what to expect. I don’t know how you did it but there were even surprises to be had that I was not aware of!
Regarding Ngorongoro Crater Lodge.
For the record, my wife fell in love with this place. The staff, the roses, that bath tub, the view, the gourmet picnic lunch by the lagoon with the huge elephant, hippos, birds and lion asleep under the tree – magical. Thank you so much Noel (our driver) for sharing your valued knowledge, friendship and sharing your life with us for the brief time that we were there. We both loved that you showed off your little girl to us. Its little things like this that made you feel that you were part of a family. The crater was our first introduction to an African Safari – Wow! Although you can’t get as close (at times) to the animals as other places, we had some wonderful wild life experiences and managed to see all the big 5 in one day, although we had to wait until dinner to be ushered outside on to the balcony to see a huge leopard strolling along the lawn!
Not a day has gone by since returning home that I am told of how much of a fantastic time we both had. We both have memories that will last a lifetime born from genuine hospitality that made us feel like kings and queens. We can’t rate this place high enough.
My tips for travelling, October weather was fantastic but dry. Flamingos in large numbers had left the crater lake a few weeks before we arrived. Although we stayed near to the reception area, I think all the rooms would be excellent for the view. Tree camp was under refurbishment whilst we were there and would be awesome for the views.
I need to clarify the average sleep rating. It is a little difficult to sleep when you have animals (buffalo and elephants) munching on the bushes underneath your bungalow! Unique!!

Room Tip: All provide great views
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mark K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent 2 nights at this magnificent place. I have no words to describe how amazing everything was. Joel, our guide, not only was a great professional, but also made us feel like family. The staff is ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC, and so is the landscape!!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ma C
Ontario Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

While on safari, we had the great good luck to stay at The Ngorongoro Crater Lodge! Perched on the rim of the 'living crater', the lodge was the epitome of luxurious living, from start to finish. Upon arrival we were introduced to our butler, our housekeeper and the spa operator, then treated to delightful drinks. Our 'cottage' was outstanding.....fresh flowers, chocolates, double sinks in separate areas, a huge shower between them, the most comfortable bed, superb crater view from our private deck/balcony, small dining room in the 'our' lodge, to accommodate only a few patrons, excellent cuisine! The service was impeccable. Coffee and tea, to be enjoyed on the deck, was delivered at a pre-arranged time each morning. At the end of our first day, when back from a game drive, the butler arrived within 5 minutes with our drinks of choice....the bath tub was filled with warm , flower strewn water. Everything was included in the cost of the stay....all drinks, laundry, long distant phone calls to anywhere in the world. We were tempted to cancel the game drives, in order to enjoy the amenities...but resisted with difficulty!!

Room Tip: ALL rooms are outstanding......
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ElizabethAnn151
Martha's Vineyard
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

Our family of 17 stayed here over Christmas Holiday and loved it! The staff was incredibly attentive and exceeded our expectations. The food, drink and service was to perfection. We were here for Christmas Eve, and they made it so very special. The rooms are comfortable and spacious. Upon returning from dinner, we found a roaring fire in the fireplace and a hot bath drawn with rose petals on the mat. I highly recommend adding this Lodge to your Tanzanian experience. You will be pampered and love it!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Knows
Houston, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

The most lavish romantic place I've ever stayed. From the romantic hot bubble bath with flower petals and candles overlooking a large window with a crater view to the open mosaic tiled shower to the fireplace with sherry and homemade chocolates to the supremely comfortable heated beds and luxurious decor. Fantastic dinner, drinks (amarula on the rocks...yummy!). My only regret is that we only got to stay one night!

Room Tip: stayed in north camp rooms 6 and 7. Were great!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

We stayed in one of the Tree Camp Houses. This was the such a marvelous lodge - the view of the entire Ngorongoro Crater is laid out before you - and it is serenely beautiful. The food was excellent and the service over the top. We returned from a long day of safari touring in the crater to find the tub filled with warm water, candle lit and rose petals on the bathroom floor. At dinner a group of staff members came into the dining room and sang African songs. They got the whole room dancing.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Musingsretravel
Hartland, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

If your headed to the Ngorongora Crater, this has to be the place to stay. The pod houses overlooking the Crater are outstanding. Wonderful food, wonderful guides, wonderful people.
First class all the way.

Room Tip: I think all of the pod/cottages are wonderful. A 5 star + place to stay.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
#1 of 47 in Karatu
The Manor at Ngorongoro
The Manor at Ngorongoro
#4 of 37 in Ngorongoro Conservation Area

Been to andBeyond Ngorongoro Crater Lodge? Share your experiences!