andBeyond Ngorongoro Crater Lodge
Green Hills Lodge(Karatu)(Great Value!)
$79
Orbitz.com
Crater Rim View(Karatu)(Great Value!)
$71
  • Pool
$59
$97
$102
Ngorongoro Wildlife Lodge(Ngorongoro Conservation Area)
  • Pool
Lake Manyara Wildlife Lodge(Lake Manyara National Park)
Jambo Rooms(Karatu)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrose petalshot bathelectric blanketsover the toppersonal butlergame drivesfudgengorongoro craterturkish delightdining roomcamp managerfairy taleonce in a lifetimebucket listtwo nightsoff roadmasai warrior
Reviewed July 3, 2012

The hotel is located at the rim of the crater with a spectacular view of the whole area. It is built in the style of the Masai huts. There is a drive from the lodge to the entrance of the park of about 30 minutes. The food is very good. The rooms are not heated although they have a fireplace which is not enough to heat the large room. The game drives were excellent although in a public park as the crater is, one cannot leave the roads in order to get close to the animals. Also there are a lots of vehicles from the many other hotels that surround the crater, which makes it not as nice as in a private reserve.

Room Tip: Get a room near the lodge.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We stayed at 3 other andBeyond properties during our safari and they always do an excellent job. This facility, however, was by far the most luxurious. The staff was friendly, the food excellent and the butler was unobtrusive and anticipated our needs. Crater Lodge stands at the edge of the Crater and the view is one of the most beautiful I have seen. Our Ranger, Erick, also did an excellent job and knew the park well. He was able to find the black rhino and plenty of lions for us to see. This is definitely one of the best places I have stayed and would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Colleen C
Reviewed July 2, 2012

What a surprise! I was amazed at the beauty of this lodge. The location overlooking the crater was breathtaking. The rooms were indescribable. They were luxurious with a feel of an old castle...fireplace lit and a rose petal tub drawn upon return from a wonderful safari. The food was outstanding-the chef actually comes out to your table to present the menu for the evening, native people serenade you during dinner not to mention the dining room was also out of a fairytale...The people so friendly..particularly Irene one of the camp managers.
Although the camp is large..most of the safari I did not see many other vehicles. My guide found prides of lion, giraffe, rhino, and I had my own zebra family just outside my room.
Luxury was different than I am used to experiencing in the states-it was majestic-the rooms warm and rich with texture and color.
The drive down to the bottom of the crater was an adventure all on its own.
Glad I stayed three nights instead of two

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I can´t add more to the previous comments, only it´s a unique experience in your life. The only negative point is the cost, but it worths what you pay!

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I cannot add much to the previous few reviews, the red roses after ten days on Safari were stunning and homely. Attention to detail here is 10/10 . We even had excellent coffee, French Brandy Turkish Delight, open fire in our room..and so much more. One must not forget the stunning view and the animal encounters on the crater floor. Driving down through the mist was awesome.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends